TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick

And they said Chan Gailey didnt like TEs
No one said Gailey doesn’t like TE’s. What his past shows is Gailey doesn’t usually include the TE’s in the passing game but he loves to use TE’s in the running game and as an extra blocker in the passing game.

Perhaps with Gesicki he will use the TE more in the passing game but his history as an OC is pretty clear that unless he has an hall of fame type TE like he had with Tony Gonzalez in Kansas City, Gailey rarely has used the TE as a primary receiver in his offensive game plans.

Another TE that won't get much of a chance to make an impact. Tua will throw to his WR's but not much to his TE's. Should have traded an 8th round pick for him instead of a 6th.

"Talk about a Cinderella story. Shaheen was an all-conference pick in basketball and football in Galena, Ohio, and signed with Division II Pittsburgh-Johnstown to play hoops (5.5 pts, 3.1 reb per game in 2013-2014). He then transferred to Ashland to play football, which turned out to be the right move. Shaheen caught two passes for 85 yards as the team's No. 3 tight end in 2014. He then took over the starting job the next year, catching 70 passes (for 803 yards and 10 TDs), a Division II record for tight ends. The two-time AFCA All-American and first-team All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference pick had another great year in 2016, setting a school record with 16 touchdowns among his 57 receptions for 867 yards."
Nice review, thanks.

Another TE that won't get much of a chance to make an impact. Tua will throw to his WR's but not much to his TE's. Should have traded an 8th round pick for him instead of a 6th.
Tua will throw to the reciever that is open according to the design of the play. Anything else is unacceptable in the grand scheme of things.

I don't want a Brett Favre type freelancer. I want an elite technician, with mental, as well as physical prowess, that reads pre/post snap and makes the correct decision.

That is the way to disect defenses today on a consistant basis.

JMO

So curioisty got the better of me and went over to a Bears sub reddit...

Lmao dolphins got fleeced

Get scammed Miami

Hahahhahhahahhahahhahahhhaha...
He’s gonna ball out, isn’t he?

If he stays healthy he’s at the very least in theory a good red zone threat. The problem with these bigger TE’s is that they never learn how to fall to the ground gracefully so they always get injured

Very logical, Dolphins needed an IR buddy so Tua won’t get lonely

Pretty hard to get fleeced when all you're giving up is a CONDITIONAL R6!

If the kid can't crack the roster we give up nothing to inspect the product.

Granted we landed a wOrld class Snappa with an R6 this past draft

but those kind of Super Value Meals don't come along all the time!

:woot:

Seems to be worth taking a chance on. If he finally breaks through it is only a 6th round pick, and i believe if they end up cutting him we give up nothing. So no real harm from the Dolphins side. Low risk move for Miami.

Why would he have thrown to his Tight Ends with the recievers he had? I think too many people say these things about our OC, and now our QB, without taking what they had to work with into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom