TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick

No one said Gailey doesn’t like TE’s. What his past shows is Gailey doesn’t usually include the TE’s in the passing game but he loves to use TE’s in the running game and as an extra blocker in the passing game.

Perhaps with Gesicki he will use the TE more in the passing game but his history as an OC is pretty clear that unless he has an hall of fame type TE like he had with Tony Gonzalez in Kansas City, Gailey rarely has used the TE as a primary receiver in his offensive game plans.

I do think with both the Jets and Bills Gailey showed more of a willingness to go down the seam with TEs... at least I know he did with Chandler I think he did with Cumberland too just with less success.

As for Shaheen. Very good athlete from a small school that hasn't been able to stay healthy. Worth a flyer I think

Inline TE who's a good blocker and decent receiver can be just as important a Gesicki, run/pass option on 3rd and short can make or break drives. Both Smythe and Cox should be worried....
I'll admit I don't know much about Shaheen, but from what I've read he's supposedly a better pass blocker than run blocker.

Considering the questions we have on our O-line, this may have played a part in why we wanted him. Having a big, strong pass blocking TE would be a huge plus right now. At 6'6" 278 pounds, he is the second biggest TE in the league after Darren Fells. And even at that size he managed to run an average 40 time at the combine.

Shaheen was supposedly an extremely late bloomer that was still in the midst of puberty at age 19-20. After deciding to switch from basketball to football his sophomore he gained a ridiculous 70+ pounds in college. When he asked how he did it, his answer of eating Chipotle led to him gaining the moniker "the Chipotle prospect."

We all know Tight Ends are notoriously slow to develop. And I am well aware he has been a bust to this point. But when you add in how extreme Shaheen was regarding being a late bloomer physically, it gives me some hope that he could be something even though he's done so little to this point.

I was an extremely late bloomer myself, and most that don't experience that can't understand what it's like. I was still adjusting to my new body well into my 20's.

In the end I have no clue what to expect, but I'll be rooting for "The Chipotle Dolphin" for as long as that moniker makes sense.

Looks like someone in Miami's F/O likes this guy. Former 2nd rounder with high upside, but unfortunately not able to put it together at the NFL level.
I think not able to stay healthy. But he made some acrobatic catches for the Bears and has some speed for a 6'6 guy.

He might not be the fastest te, but he moves well for 6'6 280 pounds and at that size dbs have to think before they try to bring him down.

Comp for smythe and the former lions tight end we signed.

football iq as in lacking it I think has been his biggest issue. Conditional pick be interesting to know what the condition is. Imo probably would have been cut in bears camp.

smythe kinda leveled off last year so I’m glad they are bringing in some competition

It's a conditional pick, so if he doesn't stick, I imagine we don't end up paying anything, or it turns to a 7th.

I'll admit I don't know much about Shaheen, but from what I've read he's supposedly a better pass blocker than run blocker.

Considering the questions we have on our O-line, this may have played a part in why we wanted him. Having a big, strong pass blocking TE would be a huge plus right now. At 6'6" 278 pounds, he is the second biggest TE in the league after Darren Fells. And even at that size he managed to run an average 40 time at the combine.

Shaheen was supposedly an extremely late bloomer that was still in the midst of puberty at age 19-20. After deciding to switch from basketball to football his sophomore he gained a ridiculous 70+ pounds in college. When he asked how he did it, his answer of eating Chipotle led to him gaining the moniker "the Chipotle prospect."

We all know Tight Ends are notoriously slow to develop. And I am well aware he has been a bust to this point. But when you add in how extreme Shaheen was regarding being a late bloomer physically, it gives me some hope that he could be something even though he's done so little to this point.

I was an extremely late bloomer myself, and most that don't experience that can't understand what it's like. I was still adjusting to my new body well into my 20's.

In the end I have no clue what to expect, but I'll be rooting for "The Chipotle Dolphin" for as long as that moniker makes sense.
Darn it, now I'm craving a sofritas bowl...

already had forgotten about the pick we got for Harris..

Don't think Harris had much of a future with the Fins anymore but this bloke might and we need more competition at the TE spot. No great loss if he doesn't because most were surprised we got any thing for Harris any way.

Back
Top Bottom