Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants..

Giants are in a shittty spot.

Jones and Barkley are FA’s and they are 6-2.

But you can’t exactly build around anything right now.

Jones is playing with slop in NY right now, didn’t have a strong game at all today. He’s been solid though this year. Jones has played well enough to make it almost impossible to the Giants to upgrade the position this off season.

Giants are in a shittty spot.

Jones and Barkley are FA’s and they are 6-2.

But you can’t exactly build around anything right now.

Jones is playing with slop in NY right now, didn’t have a strong game at all today. He’s been solid though this year. Jones has played well enough to make it almost impossible to the Giants to upgrade the position this off season.
I don't see the makings of a guy who will ever lead an NFL caliber passing attack in Jones. To me his career is probably going to be summed up in one play - the one a few years ago where he was running for the end zone and tripped over his own feet. He's giving it all to get there but I just don't think he's got it.

I don't see the makings of a guy who will ever lead an NFL caliber passing attack in Jones. To me his career is probably going to be summed up in one play - the one a few years ago where he was running for the end zone and tripped over his own feet. He's giving it all to get there but I just don't think he's got it.

He’s not exceptionally talented but he’s tough as nails.

He could do some real damage if you gave him just one of our star WRs.

He’s not exceptionally talented but he’s tough as nails.

He could do some real damage if you gave him just one of our star WRs.
Unfortunately toughness without talent doesn't mean that much. It's cool, but not as important as passing ability.

Could Jones do better with Hill and Waddle? I mean sure, but he's had a long list of NFL caliber receivers going through there- it's not like Tua having his top receiver being Jakeem Grant. It's really just a lack of NFL passing ability. There have been plenty of guys who have had a development curve in the pros, but Jones isn't like most of those guys in that he wasn't even good in college. He's your classic created QB prospect who in a draft that didn't have good prospects outside of the #1 guy he got overrated because he was the next best guy. Drafted in the first round because a team decided it wanted to draft a QB in the first round and convinced themselves that this guy was good, rather than for anything this guy really ever put together.

I don't dislike Daniel Jones as a person and I'm not rooting against him, but playing in this league requires a decision making and ability to fit the ball in places week in and week out that I just don't see.

Do it, I was against it earlier in the year

Injuries still could happen

But man he’s been irrelevant

Have you thought of the perspective of another team?

What are YOU trading away for Cedrick Wilson - a guy with a MASSIVE GUARANTEED SALARY relative to his performance.

You’re not getting anything better than a conditional 7th for him… and you’re lucky if that, considering someone is taking a flyer on the contract.

Thinking about it more, you’re realistically ONLY going to get someone similar to him at a different position… super overpaid relative to current production.

Trading Cedric for a good safety or OL is the only trade I would make.
Not gonna happen though

Back
Top Bottom