Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants..

long season, need as much talent as possible at every position. wrs always get hurt. what if waddle or hill go down. our #2 would be sherfield? cracraft? eazy? no thanks.

How good does it feel when we are so deep at WR...
Id say keep him unless its a really good trade. Never know if an injury will happen

Him and Teddy for players we can use this year. No picks. We need bodies right now.
So you want a front line starter in return for a player that is not? We would be the ones throwing in picks, and no way do I want to give up picks. The exception might be R. Smith, but even there you are taking on more contract than you are jettisoning, with absolutely no guarantee he is here beyond this year. In fact, unless you are willing to give him a max contract, he is probably gone.

All these trade schemes have issues. I wish ppl didn't act like it's as simple as making a phone call, and getting an All Pro for peanuts.

Now, I can certainly see getting out from under TB, or Wilson's contracts if possible. I think the future cap $ is more valuable than the actual player. Bridgewater just plain doesn't have what little he once had any more, but every week he is here diminishes the amount of cap relief.

In Wilson's case, he may be worth the money to another team, moreso than to us. The problem there is that he doesn't appear to be completely healthy. Hard to move him for value under the current circumstances. And yes, I know GMs do dumb things on a regular basis, but like I said, It isn't as simple as picking up the phone and ordering takeout.

Agreed.

I mean I keep saying R. SMITH. Simply because I believe he is the final piece to a championship team.

But we all have our own opinions.

Maybe it's a o lineman or a different defender.

For me, that's the type of trade I make. I am not looking for depth. I'm looking for a guy that is a true upgrade. I'm looking for the guy that helps minimize Allen, Mahomes etc.

Not many options I know.

Before the season I kind shrugged that possibility off given we didn't have the cap room to consider it.

With each passing week (and win) it becomes a stronger possibility as his total compensation would drop. If you can include Jerome Baker in a trade then it would be a massive win for the Dolphins and $$$ wouldn't really be a factor.

I would put his trade value at about a 2nd for 4th swap. Now to the Bears....

A team I'm very familiar with for a couple reasons. My best friend is a Bears fan. My boss is a Bears fan. And I'm a Justin Fields fan (because I love Ohio State not an assessment of his talent although he's better than the film is showing)

The Bears have the worst roster in the NFL or are at least on equal footing with Houston, who of course they just beat (there were no winners). They just lost one of their better players for a while, in David Montgomery although Kalil Herbert has some juice. I feel comfortable (and guilty) saying they are the worst 2-1 team I've seen in the last 20 years and I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 2-15.

They need EVERYTHING. And their best player is an ILB heading into free agency! Unless they are spiteful, the Bears should be looking for assets.

1. They can tag him obviously, to the tune of $18.7M (in 2022). That number rose from 14.7 is 2021 so it wouldn't be a shocker if the 2023 cap number was near or over $20M. The Bears have the money, they can do whatever they want but is tagging Smith prudent? It's not like you're going to trade him after he's tagged because when does that happen anymore? Orlando Brown Jr, anyone else?

2. They could just sign him to an extension right? Why though? The team isn't in rebuilding mode yet because they haven't hit their rock bottom. Its going to get worse for everyone in Chicago as the season goes along. Any star player heading into a free agent season is going to want off of a roster like that so doubtful any negotiations are happening during the season Roquan has already made it clear he'd be happy with a new address, granted that had a lot to do with $$$$. Still, hard to put that cat back in a bag once a trade has been requested. With the way the salary cap credits now blowing your stash before your ready could hinder the process altogether, gotta time the spending spree.

3. Bears need assets pronto. They don't need a 2024 compensatory pick for losing Smith in free agency. They need 2023 picks they can use to start plugging holes and keep the coach and GM employed. Getting the 100th (best case scenario) or so pick would be used by a different regime. However, should the Dolphins trade for Smith and not re-sign him, we'd make more use out of that 2024 compensatory pick because we're awesome and everyone on the team is sticking around for awhile (except Jerome Baker lol).

Why it works:

Dolphins are currently about $12.6M UNDER next years cap. Before the season we were $5M OVER the cap so through roster trimming it looks like our future commitments aren't as bad as it appeared a month ago. That number is also not adjusted for any rollover credits so hopefully we can go into the off season at about $20M under (before Jerome Baker's release). So you can potentially re-sign Smith and your rookie class and have enough cash to add some bargains in FA but that would be the extend of your off season, along with an extension for Christian Wilkins.

Dolphins second round pick is dropping by the day (while our first keeps increasing in value). I'm not even willing to consider moving San Fran's pick for an ILB about to make big bucks. Not on the table so if Chicago is going to be firm on that request, I'll wish them all the best and see you November 6th, ironically our first game after the November 1st trade deadline. I am not sure I want to offer a second round pick either without conditions although here's the interesting caveat. New England third round (which belongs to us) might not be that far away from our second rounder. Pats are about to nose dive and we might inherit the 70th or so pick from them. Its not much less valuable than what I expect to be a pick in the late 50's (if not lower). So while I don't like the idea of moving a second rounder, our situation would allow for it much easier than a bad team giving up the 40th pick.

To that point, wouldn't someone else offer more for Roquan? Sure, but who and why? Trading for a player going into free agency takes finesse. Anyone can trade for a player with 3 years remaining on a rookie contract. None of the good teams can afford Smith and why would the bad teams bother?

Bears could use Cedric Wilson Jr. and we could really stand to remove that $7M guaranteed salary off the books next year.

There's a very small market for soon to be highly paid ILB's. Also there's also a very small market for soon to be highly paid RB's, like Saquan Barkley.

Saquan vs. Roquan. If only the Giants and Bears played this Sunday and the Dolphins were off so I could watch that one.

If they're interested in dealing Saquon then sure, but otherwise, no thanks. Wilson is a fantastic piece to have in our WR room.

Before the season I kind shrugged that possibility off given we didn't have the cap room to consider it.

With each passing week (and win) it becomes a stronger possibility as his total compensation would drop. If you can include Jerome Baker in a trade then it would be a massive win for the Dolphins and $$$ wouldn't really be a factor.

I would put his trade value at about a 2nd for 4th swap. Now to the Bears....

A team I'm very familiar with for a couple reasons. My best friend is a Bears fan. My boss is a Bears fan. And I'm a Justin Fields fan (because I love Ohio State not an assessment of his talent although he's better than the film is showing)

The Bears have the worst roster in the NFL or are at least on equal footing with Houston, who of course they just beat (there were no winners). They just lost one of their better players for a while, in David Montgomery although Kalil Herbert has some juice. I feel comfortable (and guilty) saying they are the worst 2-1 team I've seen in the last 20 years and I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 2-15.

They need EVERYTHING. And their best player is an ILB heading into free agency! Unless they are spiteful, the Bears should be looking for assets.

1. They can tag him obviously, to the tune of $18.7M (in 2022). That number rose from 14.7 is 2021 so it wouldn't be a shocker if the 2023 cap number was near or over $20M. The Bears have the money, they can do whatever they want but is tagging Smith prudent? It's not like you're going to trade him after he's tagged because when does that happen anymore? Orlando Brown Jr, anyone else?

2. They could just sign him to an extension right? Why though? The team isn't in rebuilding mode yet because they haven't hit their rock bottom. Its going to get worse for everyone in Chicago as the season goes along. Any star player heading into a free agent season is going to want off of a roster like that so doubtful any negotiations are happening during the season Roquan has already made it clear he'd be happy with a new address, granted that had a lot to do with $$$$. Still, hard to put that cat back in a bag once a trade has been requested. With the way the salary cap credits now blowing your stash before your ready could hinder the process altogether, gotta time the spending spree.

3. Bears need assets pronto. They don't need a 2024 compensatory pick for losing Smith in free agency. They need 2023 picks they can use to start plugging holes and keep the coach and GM employed. Getting the 100th (best case scenario) or so pick would be used by a different regime. However, should the Dolphins trade for Smith and not re-sign him, we'd make more use out of that 2024 compensatory pick because we're awesome and everyone on the team is sticking around for awhile (except Jerome Baker lol).

Why it works:

Dolphins are currently about $12.6M UNDER next years cap. Before the season we were $5M OVER the cap so through roster trimming it looks like our future commitments aren't as bad as it appeared a month ago. That number is also not adjusted for any rollover credits so hopefully we can go into the off season at about $20M under (before Jerome Baker's release). So you can potentially re-sign Smith and your rookie class and have enough cash to add some bargains in FA but that would be the extend of your off season, along with an extension for Christian Wilkins.

Dolphins second round pick is dropping by the day (while our first keeps increasing in value). I'm not even willing to consider moving San Fran's pick for an ILB about to make big bucks. Not on the table so if Chicago is going to be firm on that request, I'll wish them all the best and see you November 6th, ironically our first game after the November 1st trade deadline. I am not sure I want to offer a second round pick either without conditions although here's the interesting caveat. New England third round (which belongs to us) might not be that far away from our second rounder. Pats are about to nose dive and we might inherit the 70th or so pick from them. Its not much less valuable than what I expect to be a pick in the late 50's (if not lower). So while I don't like the idea of moving a second rounder, our situation would allow for it much easier than a bad team giving up the 40th pick.

To that point, wouldn't someone else offer more for Roquan? Sure, but who and why? Trading for a player going into free agency takes finesse. Anyone can trade for a player with 3 years remaining on a rookie contract. None of the good teams can afford Smith and why would the bad teams bother?

Bears could use Cedric Wilson Jr. and we could really stand to remove that $7M guaranteed salary off the books next year.

There's a very small market for soon to be highly paid ILB's. Also there's also a very small market for soon to be highly paid RB's, like Saquan Barkley.

Saquan vs. Roquan. If only the Giants and Bears played this Sunday and the Dolphins were off so I could watch that one.

Very well said

Why would they trade for a player that is injured to replace a player who is injured? Also, what makes you say he doesn't fit the teams culture?
Im not saying trade for another WR. Im saying other teams need a WR more than we do.
I think we could use another DB, or LB or OL.

Unless they dont have a useful player in return.
Ced Wilson doesnt seem to fit This team's culture or what we need out of our WRs.
The fact that Cracraft and Sherfield keep getting more looks makes Wison seem like persona non grata of the WR room.
More importantly, these other teams seem to need WRs at growing frequency.
I'd think it would be a good seller's market for us.
A little too soon to trade, what happens if one of the big 2 goes down? Its hard not to just throw to hill and waddle every snap but we actually need to target him more. We will need him later in the season. Besides why mess with team chemistry? We are 3-0. Dont upset the apple cart

Im not saying trade for another WR. Im saying other teams need a WR more than we do.
I think we could use another DB, or LB or OL.
What happens when one of our WRs gets hurt? I don't know if you have paid attention to how much we rotate our WRs in and out of the game. If we have 5 on the active roster, all 5 play during the game. This offense is not like any of the past offenses we have ran.

I dont know about the severity of his injury.
He just doesnt seem to be 'a baller' compared to other guys on the roster.
If Sherfield has been getting so many more looks cuz Ced is injured, then I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom