Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Cedric Wilson to the Giants..

3 games in and the next good play Wilson makes will be his first.
Im still miffed about his candy-ass duckin out of bounds before the sticks that led to 2 punts.

Im not saying trade for another WR. Im saying other teams need a WR more than we do.
I think we could use another DB, or LB or OL.
Do you believe other teams see Wilson as a legit #1 or #2? Do you?

I ask, because if he is seen as a #3 (he has never been more for an extended time), how can you expect to get a starting caliber player in return?

If you are saying get what you can, and recoup the cap $, that is a different discussion. I can see the wisdom there.

Sherfield has 4 catches for 22 yards. Cracraft has 2 catches for 13 yards. Wilson who’s only played for like 5 minutes has 2 catches for 20 yards. Wilson has shown he can produce good numbers in this league. Why are we souring on him - because he’s hurt?

Sherfield had 37 career catches in 4 seasons coming into this season. Cracraft had a whopping 7 receptions in 4 seasons coming into this year. Wilson had 45 for 602 and 6 TDs last year and is an ascending player based on his stats over his brief career. He was a coveted signing. In a league where you have to stack talent to win, why would we intentionally downgrade the WR position? Especially when it seems clear our offense is predicated on passing - clearly we are not going to be a running team.

I don’t get it.

Maybe.

But Wilson has done nothing but end drives by stepping out of bounds.

The offense has not suffered without him.

So I am OK rolling with the other 3 and letting Wilson loose

I am also not keeping 7 million on the books in case there's an injury to one of the top 3 WRS ( including Gesicki in this)
What? He played for like 5 minutes so far

That's enough for him I guess.
I love these hot takes based on no data. If I was being a wise guy I’d add that in those 5 minutes he also had a rushing attempt for 8 yards - w 28 yards from scrimmage in 1 game he’s got more than the other guys have in 3. And Sherfield has a football stuck in his rectal cavity

I love these hot takes based on no data. If I was being a wise guy I’d add that in those 5 minutes he also had a rushing attempt for 8 yards - w 28 yards from scrimmage in 1 game he’s got more than the other guys have in 3. And Sherfield has a football stuck in his rectal cavity

But isn't that what you just did to me?

A hot take on no or limited data?

I have said a lot more than just his 5 minutes of play in this thread and another.

In all fairness, I don't expect you to know all of my posts. So I understand responding to 1 post as opposed to the whole conversation.

I will clarify.

1- it's a fact Wilson stopped a drive by going out of bounds rather than getting the extra yard or 2 for the first down. Divisional game with possible Playoff ramifications. I expect better effort.

2- I am in agreement with some who believe we never would have signed Wilson if we knew we were getting Hill.

3- yes, I am OK with Ezukanma, Sherfield and Cracraft over Wilson and here's why;
Yes, 28 yards in his limited time was nice, however, Cracraft has 2 impact clutch plays resulting in TDS.
I value that over an 8 yard run and running out of bounds on a completion.

Also the offense has not struggled without Wilson

As far as Sherfield and Ezukanma go, they are the 5th and 6th option.

I clearly state Gesicki along with Hill and Waddle implying Wilson would be the 4th option at best.

4- Since Wilson is the #4 it brings up the point you conveniently ignored while focusing on 5 minutes.
The $7 million in savings is what makes it worth dumping Wilson.

If my choice was Carcraft and $7 million that can help in resigning say Wilkins, I am choosing Cracraft, the $7 million and seeing what the rookie can do.

You say it was 5 minutes. I am looking at the bigger picture.

You may not agree, and that's OK.

But my statement was based off of more than 5 minutes of play

Which would have been realized if a hot take wasn't initiated.

So in summary
I would choose Cracraft, Ezukanma, $7 million in cap space and whatever draft pick we could get

Over

Wilson

But isn't that what you just did to me?

A hot take on no or limited data?

I have said a lot more than just his 5 minutes of play in this thread and another.

In all fairness, I don't expect you to know all of my posts. So I understand responding to 1 post as opposed to the whole conversation.

I will clarify.

1- it's a fact Wilson stopped a drive by going out of bounds rather than getting the extra yard or 2 for the first down. Divisional game with possible Playoff ramifications. I expect better effort.

2- I am in agreement with some who believe we never would have signed Wilson if we knew we were getting Hill.

3- yes, I am OK with Ezukanma, Sherfield and Cracraft over Wilson and here's why;
Yes, 28 yards in his limited time was nice, however, Cracraft has 2 impact clutch plays resulting in TDS.
I value that over an 8 yard run and running out of bounds on a completion.

Also the offense has not struggled without Wilson

As far as Sherfield and Ezukanma go, they are the 5th and 6th option.

I clearly state Gesicki along with Hill and Waddle implying Wilson would be the 4th option at best.

4- Since Wilson is the #4 it brings up the point you conveniently ignored while focusing on 5 minutes.
The $7 million in savings is what makes it worth dumping Wilson.

If my choice was Carcraft and $7 million that can help in resigning say Wilkins, I am choosing Cracraft, the $7 million and seeing what the rookie can do.

You say it was 5 minutes. I am looking at the bigger picture.

You may not agree, and that's OK.

But my statement was based off of more than 5 minutes of play

Which would have been realized if a hot take wasn't initiated.

So in summary
I would choose Cracraft, Ezukanma, $7 million in cap space and whatever draft pick we could get

Over

Wilson
Great comeback bro. You’re right - I just hot taked you - touché. Sound sound argument. I don’t know enough about these receivers to feel comfortable that they can get the job done for us. I guess I was really looking at what they’ve produced up to this point in their careers where Wilson looks like the ascending player and the others look like role players to me but I had never heard of any of them before we signed them 😂

Great comeback bro. You’re right - I just hot taked you - touché. Sound sound argument. I don’t know enough about these receivers to feel comfortable that they can get the job done for us. I guess I was really looking at what they’ve produced up to this point in their careers where Wilson looks like the ascending player and the others look like role players to me but I had never heard of any of them before we signed them 😂

Lol cool cool. Sorry I got a little sassy.

I hear you, I knew who none of these guys were before they got here.

So in the end, for me, it's not as much what Wilson hasn't done. It's more what the offense has been able to do without him.

Now, in fairness. If we never got Hill. No way I am getting rid of Wilson and his $7 million becomes a potential bargain rather than extra money lol

Lol cool cool. Sorry I got a little sassy.

I hear you, I knew who none of these guys were before they got here.

So in the end, for me, it's not as much what Wilson hasn't done. It's more what the offense has been able to do without him.

Now, in fairness. If we never got Hill. No way I am getting rid of Wilson and his $7 million becomes a potential bargain rather than extra money lol
You weren’t sassy at all. It was a fantastic level headed post with excellent logic. I think I’m ready to trade him after reading it!

This is another dumb post and idea. Cedric will be fine and a good addition to this offense.

Back
Top Bottom