Trade Deadline thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

42March

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was listening to Sportac NFL deadline primer podcast and 3 names that popped up that may interest Miami. So what would you offer if interested?

RB - Kerryon Johnson Lions - Being frozen out of the backfield and he is 210lb 5-10 so bigger than what we have in the backfield currently assuming Howard is now an afterthought. perhaps we wait for Narjee Harris as our big back.
Slot - Curtis Samuel panthers - an option for more speed but would he block Bowden, Perry and does Albert Wilson come back next year?
DL - Geno Atkins - Not what he was and on a big contract (#4 DT contract) so the Bungles are barely playing him, he is the rotational peice for a play-off contender (see https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...nt-out-including-a-j-green-and-carlos-dunlap/) assuming we can make the contract work.

Finally and more left field option, do the cowboys tear it down and get rid of Elliott? What's the cost and do you even want that contract?

I was listening to Sportac NFL deadline primer podcast and 3 names that popped up that may interest Miami. So what would you offer if interested?

RB - Kerryon Johnson Lions - Being frozen out of the backfield and he is 210lb 5-10 so bigger than what we have in the backfield currently assuming Howard is now an afterthought. perhaps we wait for Narjee Harris as our big back.
Slot - Curtis Samuel panthers - an option for more speed but would he block Bowden, Perry and does Albert Wilson come back next year?
DL - Geno Atkins - Not what he was and on a big contract (#4 DT contract) so the Bungles are barely playing him, he is the rotational peice for a play-off contender (see https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...nt-out-including-a-j-green-and-carlos-dunlap/) assuming we can make the contract work.

Finally and more left field option, do the cowboys tear it down and get rid of Elliott? What's the cost and do you even want that contract?
No trades please. Save those draft picks for young players we can develop ourselves on rookie contracts for 4 or 5 years.

Kerryon? no thanks, he’s not bulldozing anyone, at least on a consistent basis.
Samuels? Why would the Panthers trade the one guy who Bridge goes to as his go to. Panthers are not out of any race here and they battle week in and week out.

How about our guys who might be sought.

Howard? Unless there is an injury he will probably not see much action. Is he worth a 5th?

Fitzmagic? Not my choice to move him, but if his actions/words divide the locker room we must move him with or without a backup QB in the wings.

Insiders surrounding Cinci expect A.J. green and Atkins to simply retire next season while Dunlap thinks he has 2 more years left

If a team has a fire sale and will take a Fin in trade, maybe. Otherwise, the team is set.

Insiders surrounding Cinci expect A.J. green and Atkins to simply retire next season while Dunlap thinks he has 2 more years left
I don't get to see much Cincinnati football but if Dunlap has some gas left in the tank, he could be a handy addition. I see where he's put his home on the market - he just wants out.

Dunlap makes more sense for a Tennessee type team, Seattle, Arizona maybe.

Kerryon Johnson? Maybe a conditional 7th if you want to take that flyer.

Atkins? No way. He’s not for us, hellava career though.

Zeke, I’m interested. I see those dead money cap hits but what’s his salary to us? I would steal him if I could but I’m a biased OSU fan. Love Elliots skill set. I could see him still being a player 3 years from now. Won’t be upset if we don’t sniff around that though.

Like others said, status quo might be the best play for us. We have the tools and ammo other teams won’t in the off season so poaching talent might make more sense when teams are up against it and desperate.

If Miami were going to trade for a DE zit would’ve been Yannick N

If Miami were going to trade for a DE zit would’ve been Yannick N

After finding out about his Maryland roots, me thinks Yannick was only willing to go to Baltimore in a trade. Not sure to what extent he was given the choice to find a trade partner.

I would be more interested in Miami maybe trying to acquire more draft picks, not players. Nothing crazy compensation wise I am sure, but I would definitely test the waters on players like Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns, Jordan Howard and MAYBE even Fitzpatrick (though he probably still has more value here and I would kind of like him to re-sign as Tua's backup in 2021)

Back
Top Bottom