Trade Deadline thoughts | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

I thought the 3 ypc guys had a good point. They were saying they’ve been told by folks involved with scouting that the pandemic has had a huge impact on scouting. Maybe this means you are less likely to hit on later round picks, 3rd and lower, because if the diminished exposure to the players. Maybe trading later round picks for proven players is a better bet in this unique season?

Ok, lets be serious. Against the Jets, Gaskin had 18 carries. 13 were between tackles. Yes, I rewatched the tape and I counted. Average 4.8 per inside carry. I rest my case. You want to support your narrative? Rewatch the tapes since game one, tell me the inside outside ratio. And his average per inside run stack against other inside runners around the league. May be you are right....I am waiting.
You made a good point, no need for the sass at the end though.

Gaskin is extremely powerful for his size, and I’m perfectly happy with teams not stacking the box because of those measurements. Truth is the offense is most likely transforming right now, but I hope they continue that trend with him.

I really hope we don’t trade for anyone, let’s see what we have got already and build through the draft. Most of the “name” players would arrive with issues, for instance Dunlaps attitude and Pope’s woeful season.
There’s a reason players get traded now, under performance, attitude, or the team needs draft picks. We need to keep our war chest of picks, overpaid under performers we don’t need (we’ve had years of them) and only teams with a realistic chance of a run to Tampa next year will look at players with character flaws.
I’d keep Fitz unless a silly offer comes in, we need an insurance cover for Tua. I’d hope X is part of the Dolphins future. Howard can go.
Once the trade season is over then I’m sure the FO will be looking to strengthen positions of weakness as and when needed.

Salvon Ahmed for one of those big popcorn tins, like the kind that have, cheddar, butter, and caramel. that would be a great trade i would approve of. If they demand Jordan Howard instead, that might be even better.

Been hearing this, shouldn't spend, wrong time, bad in the locker room spiel for 20 years.

Basic common sense tells one if the right player becomes available at a realistic and affordably doable price also depending on the level of importance to our team need at that time and going into the future (for Us) you take advantage of that most likely Rare opportunity.

Being of trying times especially going into a more limiting future (cap wise) for the whole league has created potential teams into being pressured into some potentially unique decisions not necessarily wanted but practically forced to make.

If the opportunity is there we need to pounce on it. IMO, a outstanding MLB is an area of importance we could take advantage of if one becomes available. RB, WR, also but not as critical. DL is up there in the close to critical zone. Depends who becomes available. Non involvement should be dependent on the player available and cost not because of next season (within reason)
Not saying go wild just blowing a potential rare opportunity for a legitimate quality of serious need should not be trapped in fear of being hands tied next year. I'm sure we have several options to take advantage of going into next year in freeing up potential cap.

The team is finally showing promise and seems to be trending up after just one year of taking the approach of valuing picks and building through the draft. I don't understand why anyone would want to abandon that approach so quickly, and start trading away picks.

The team is finally showing promise and seems to be trending up after just one year of taking the approach of valuing picks and building through the draft. I don't understand why anyone would want to abandon that approach so quickly, and start trading away picks.
Because its not one approach. Let see, "showing promise" from last year. Van Noy FA, Lawson FA, Ogblah FA Fitz FA, Flowers FA, Jones FA,
Its not that simple. The trick is finding the gems Talent wise for your needs and knowing how to work the cap. Its a skill and not all can do it properly. Some cases draft is best some cases it my be better to find the proven quality Vet with Talent and Experience.
Its not an easy skill to conquer and putting limits on possible potential successful acquisitions doesn't help.
Like Amari Cooper excellent WR and be nice to have but 20 mil = No sale.
A very very good FA, RT, MLB, DL ya gotta evaluate a position of strong need and figure out if the money, age, and quality fit. Not ignore to hope next year brings as good a situation (though also in the consideration)
If not mistaken we got 4 picks in the first two rds, giving one up for the right player if available truthfully I see no problem with especially a second.....but its got to be the right guy....

UPDATE: DE Carlos Dunlap traded to Seahawks ....... good

Last edited:
I want JuJu on this team.

Now, off-season, whenever. Can't think of a more perfect receiver fit wise for Tua.

I like gaskin. He play fast. Let guy finish out yr. He is alright back

I would like to see the best player we can get from Dallas for a 3rd round pick. Part of the reason for this is there are 7 playoff spots and three wild card games this season. We are one game out of the playoffs. We have a real shot at making a playoff game especially if we can upgrade with a impact player.

I want a slot or a burner on the side. Can't trust Grant, and Parkers and Williams seldom pop over the top.

I’ve been of the “Ride with what we’ve got” opinion until I saw this this morning:

Dontari Poe would cost next to nothing, serve as a true NT, and “if we can’t trade you, we’ll release you” usually means low compensation. This caught my attention.

Wouldn’t mind Poe. Was great in the force awakens.

What about Dalvin Cook? Can we steal him from Minn?
If we are going to steal someone from Minn.

IMO, the one guy I wish they would try and get is Eric Kendricks MLB ... a true current need for us. But he might be to costly and not sure the Vikes would give him up for a reasonable deal. But you never know times are hard for Minny now and it might be a good time to strike...

Back
Top Bottom