Trade down and nab another 2nd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down and nab another 2nd

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
I really believe that our defensive holes are so gaping that we need to come out of this draft with 3 defensive impact players (defensive end, versaitle LB that can play the Mike, FS) and I believe we can do that with a trade down.

If we trade down to the 30s and grab another 2nd, we might be able to land Davis from Florida, Melifonwu from Uconn and Willis from KSU. I'D take that draft in a heartbeat right now.

Only way we net another 2nd round pick is if we trade out of the first round entirely, preferably to a team with multiple second round picks like the Browns. With that said, I'm all for it.

only thing is you need a trade partner and the draft is so fluid you never know who is there or who isn't. I for one am on the bpa bandwagon at 22 because we need special players and I think they go quick. If Tannenbaum has the vision and insight to see someone special in the 2nd vs the first go for it but I don't have the faith he will find solid second tier players.

Trading down doesn't always equal anything, youre just more than likely getting worse players than if you stayed put..

No versatile LB will be their in the 2nd round, neither will a game changing FS.

Stay at 22 and probably have a shot at Cunningham or Davis for LB, which are 2 outstanding porspects.

Trading down is the only trading of picks I want. At the very worst I'd trade a 2018 pick if it netted a player that would really make an impact.

I'm for trading down to get an extra 2nd or two or an extra 2nd and 3rd with a team such as the Browns Vikings. Not sure which teams have multiple picks in the 2nd or 3rd, I know the Browns and Vikings do.

Would you trade our first round 22 pick to the Browns for their second 33 and next years first round pick? If the Browns pass on QB with their 2 first round picks and a QB fall to 22, could happen. I believe I would do it!

It depends on how the draft falls bu I would be open to going wither direction. Up for a pass rusher, down for a LB or DT.

Do you intend to take the best non-QB or kicker available at 22, or do you intend to grab maybe the 4th or 5th best edge rusher/OLB-type solely out of the need to fill a hole. If they're just looking to fill holes at 22 then trade down to fill more holes. But I'd rather stay put and take an elite talent that's slipping than go the Juwaun James route and settle for the best remaining guy at a need position.

Trading down doesn't always equal anything, youre just more than likely getting worse players than if you stayed put..

No versatile LB will be their in the 2nd round, neither will a game changing FS.

Stay at 22 and probably have a shot at Cunningham or Davis for LB, which are 2 outstanding porspects.
Like when we traded from #12 to #28 (I think) and got Jared Odrick but passed on Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant and Demarius Thomas. I really wanted Earl Thomas in that draft. We did get Koa Misi with the extra pick in the 2nd round. I think any one of those players I mentioned had a greater impact than the combination of Odrick and Misi.

Unless there's a guy we want trading down is always the plan. We could trade to top of 2nd and acquire another 3rd

I think we're better served staying where we are. Like someone said, I don't want to miss on a great prospect by trading out of the first round. Now trading back in other rounds and stockpiling picks I'm on board with.

I like your thoughts and the players you mention.

Just have this gut feeling that Jarrad Davis goes higher than projected. This is a high character player, who NFL teams will fall in love with. I think he'd be the perfect fit for Miami at #22. Can play strong side or in the middle so that gives teams options.

Trading down could be an option depending on how the draft falls, but you don't want a situation where you miss on an elite talent if one is available.

I like your thoughts and the players you mention.

Just have this gut feeling that Jarrad Davis goes higher than projected. This is a high character player, who NFL teams will fall in love with. I think he'd be the perfect fit for Miami at #22. Can play strong side or in the middle so that gives teams options.

Trading down could be an option depending on how the draft falls, but you don't want a situation where you miss on an elite talent if one is available.

Well he has some injury issues, so I don't necessarily think he'll go higher than expected. Plus LBs in general usually go lower than expected, and this class is loaded with them. Davis will go where he is expected to go, imo.

I really believe that our defensive holes are so gaping that we need to come out of this draft with 3 defensive impact players (defensive end, versaitle LB that can play the Mike, FS) and I believe we can do that with a trade down. If we trade down to the 30s and grab another 2nd, we might be able to land Davis from Florida, Melifonwu from Uconn and Willis from KSU. I'D take that draft in a heartbeat right now.
Just an opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami trades down when, say, #21 is on the clock. If all their top targets are gone and they think they can get quality players, they may. BUT, until they know who's available at #22, I doubt any trade happens. Consider, but don't commit.

Like when we traded from #12 to #28 (I think) and got Jared Odrick but passed on Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant and Demarius Thomas. I really wanted Earl Thomas in that draft. We did get Koa Misi with the extra pick in the 2nd round. I think any one of those players I mentioned had a greater impact than the combination of Odrick and Misi.

Wasnt D Thomas a 2nd round pick?

I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom