Trade down..but with who? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down..but with who?

jwong

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of threads in favor trading down and I am all for it, (especially after trading our 2nd for Daunte), but the question I have is, are there any teams that realistically we can strike a deal with? I do not have a value chart so if someone can tell me what we should get in return for our 16th pick?

Thanks for the chart superslash.

no problem

when you look at the chart, it looks like a good idea

if a guy we really like falls to 16 we stay, otherwise we hope someone else wants to jump up 4 or 5 spots

Not many ppl I would rather have at 16 than trade down and get a possible late 2nd or early 3rd.

I'd like to see us maybe trade down twice in the first. Maybe once with KC (#20) and pick up a third and then with Indy (#30) and swap 1st's and pick up a second. Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part.

I second that motion, FullmetalFin, that would be the idle thing to do. I think Saban knows a good group of players and each position we are looking at going into the draft. And b/c he is not trying to build a team of names (like REDSKINS did awhile back) He is looking for team players that have that natural playmaking abilities. IE Steal of 05 Draft Crowder and a close second T. Daniels.

SO as a wish on the lucky 8 Ball, grant us a trading down twice to get more picks. The lucky 8 Ball says cant tell you until April 29th, aint that some ****, LOL

PROUD to be a FIN since watching my first game in 89 vs Cinn. when they called their stadium the Jungle...We won 20-13

FullmetalFin said:
I'd like to see us maybe trade down twice in the first. Maybe once with KC (#20) and pick up a third and then with Indy (#30) and swap 1st's and pick up a second. Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part.

Wishful thinking, maybe -- but I love it. Anything is possible. KC may have someone targeted that is there at #16, but they don't think he'll make it to 20. You never know. More picks would be great for this draft.

I think there are quite a few possibilities.

KC for a QB/WR
Indy for a RB
Seattle for a WR
Denver for a WR
etc....

I think a lot of us would like to see us trade down (unless someone slides that WE REALLY LIKE ) which requires a couple of things to be present. One we need a trade partner that a) has someone they covet at #16 and b) has the ammo (multiple picks) to be attractive to us. That said there are players that have been linked to top 8-9 pick teams that do not warrant top 10 grades but might be coveted at 16. For instance Green Bay it has been reported loves LenDale White…but not at #5, and Tennessee supposedly likes Cutler…but not at #3. So teams with extra picks are : Philadelphia, Denver, Houston, San Francisco (which may Like a WR at #16 like Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes, with the Brandon Lloyd trade), and of course NE and Buffalo (unlikely partners). Given the value chart as a guideline only, barring an unbelievably complicated trade of picks or 07 picks, the only real logical partners are Green Bay sending a 2 (#37) and #3 (69) plus possibly throwing in a 6 or 7 (or flipping 4th round picks) for pick number 16 OR Houston sending numbers 33 and 65 plus throwing in a 6 or 7 (or flipping 4ths) for pick 16. Green Bay COULD pick Hawk and the guy they like (WHITE?? @ 16). Or Houston could get Bush and a guy like Pope or Mercedes Lewis that they need (question is do they LIKE these guys enough @16). IMO Green Bay is the most likely and most logical if not only potential partner to trade up.

One other possibility is the Colts trading #30 and #62 for #16 if LenDale White is still there….that would have to interest them after losing the Edge and having D. Rhodes as their RB…..

IMO LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams falling is a key to trading down…they are the only backs with mid first grades that would interest teams with a late first or early 2nd that we would like to have…Addai, Mauroney, and others are high 2nd types that are not instant production of Williams and White for a team that desperately needs a back like Indy (D. Rhodes …yeah right), Green Bay (Samkeon Gado = fumblelitus) and possibly Carolina (Da-kneehurts Foster???).

So far I can see the a 1st round like this (no trades):personally I do not see NO staying at #2…and Tennessee could very well take Leinart leaving Ferguson to the Jets…

Houston:Bush
NO :Mario Williams
Tn: D. Ferguson
NYJ: Leinart
GB: Hawk
SF: Vernon Davis
Oakland: Vince Young
Buffalo: Ngata
Detroit: D. Williams (Barry’s clone physically)
Arizona: J. Williams
SL: Tye Hill (high IMO but fits in SL)
Cleveland: Gabe Watson
Baltimore: Bunkley
Philadelphia: Chad Jackson (A NEED POSITION!!)
Atlanta: M. Huff
Miami: Jay Cutler (not because I love Cutler, just the best value there, even with Pepper trade done)
Minnesota: Leonard Pope
Dallas: Greenway
San Diego: S. Holmes
KC: Tamba Hali
NE: Thomas Howard
Denver: Ko Simpson
Tampa: W. Justice
Cincy: M. Lewis
NYG: Youbouty
Chicago: D. Ryans
Carolina: L. White
Jax: L. Mauroney
Denver: M. Kiwaunkee
Indy: N. Mangold
Seattle: M. Lawson
Pitt: MJG

You really think Arizona would take a CB in the 1st round 2 years in a row?

SpeedRush99 said:
You really think Arizona would take a CB in the 1st round 2 years in a row?

I do. Williams gives them versatility in their D backfield, Rolle and Williams would give them a "real" CB tandem for once, he would instantly replace David Macklin and could concievably play safety where they are less than well stocked with Adrian Wilson and Robert Griffin. IMO DB is their most glaring need other than guard And I do not see a guard with value at that pick.

if Cutler is there at 16, i think then we have a chance to trade down. I really dont see us taking a qb in the 1st with our secondary and lb position a priority.

I think come draft day, when we see some guys drop, there will be plenty of teams that might want to trade up and get someone. We will have trade partners !!!

Back
Top Bottom