Trade Down for less | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Down for less

I love the idea of trading down, and I think Saban does too, but here is why...

Saban will forever be linked to this #2 pick...If he chooses Brown, Edwards, Smith, whoever and they flop or are not the superstar you would expect at #2 overall, then Saban's legacy will rest on that...Now this is just my little theory, but for this reason, I think that Saban might just be inclined to move down for less than, say the blockbuster deal the Chargers worked out last year. If he can get a mid-to-lower round first and a second or add'l 3rd with something sprinkled in say in next years draft (day one of course) he just might go for it...afterall 3 players perhaps starting in two years is better than one player starting this year. Besides, if we have an extra pick next year, we may be able to work out a trade up NEXT year for an elite player, since I don't see anyone this year that blows people away...Just a rambling thought.

Here's what I would LOVE:

We trade our #2 overall to Minnesota for their #7, #18, and a second rounder this year.

We would be able to still get one of the 3 elite backs with the #7 pick, another great player at #18 (Alex Barron???)

And a great value pick in the second round.

That would be a dream come true.

I just think the #2 should go to the highest possible bidder and hopefully trade our #2 overall to Minnesota for their #7, #18, and a second rounder this year is offered, i doubt it will be but that would be sweet. I think a trade down is Miami's primary option thats what teams do when they are old almost everywhere (thank you ricky williams trade), have little money to spend and have lots of holes and little depth

I recently heard that Washington(#9 pick) is interested in possibly moving up. The way they hand picks out, we could get a real good deal from them.

Nublar7 said:
I recently heard that Washington(#9 pick) is interested in possibly moving up. The way they hand picks out, we could get a real good deal from them.

Yeah, but can they afford the cap hit on a pick that high ?

LarryFinFan said:
Yeah, but can they afford the cap hit on a pick that high ?

Its not a matter of if it fits well in the cap or not. This is the #2 pick, not a FA signing. Fresh new top of the line player. If a team wants a player they make it work.

Back
Top Bottom