Trade Down for less | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Down for less

JAREDMANN

Seau's Slut
Reaction score
Everyone knows we want to trade down to get more but we might not get what the #2 usually should would we be willing to drop down to 3-5 range for only a third or fourth or to the 6-10 for only a secound. I say yes there will still be players there Miami despreatly needs and may be as good as those at the #2 position. We may get somewhat screwed over but something is better then nothing.

JAREDMANN said:
Everyone knows we want to trade down to get more but we might not get what the #2 usually should would we be willing to drop down to 3-5 range for only a third or fourth or to the 6-10 for only a secound. I say yes there will still be players there Miami despreatly needs and may be as good as those at the #2 position. We may get somewhat screwed over but something is better then nothing.
I think ill say, NO:roflmao:

JAREDMANN said:

:p4e:

JAREDMANN said:

Not ideal, but I see the possibility, depending on who Nick is targeting and how closely they grade out. If you're getting your guy anyway, why not grab an extra pick? i.e., if Nick wants a RB and feels all3 grade out equally, why not drop to #4, get your RB and a pick, rather than stay at 2, pay #2 $ and get virtually the same talent?

i personally would rather settle for a DJ, or Pac-man or any other RB or QB if it would come with a top FS maybe or someone else we could could grab in the secound. are you all telling me me you would all rather bave Brown(i dont know who will go #2) over say DJ and Shazor

islandah said:
Not ideal, but I see the possibility, depending on who Nick is targeting and how closely they grade out. If you're getting your guy anyway, why not grab an extra pick? i.e., if Nick wants a RB and feels all3 grade out equally, why not drop to #4, get your RB and a pick, rather than stay at 2, pay #2 $ and get virtually the same talent?

exactly its like still getting your guy plus a free pick, and we would have to pay less for them

instead of just saying hey duh thats stupid give me a reason like Brown is too good or something

JAREDMANN said:

Are u Rick Spielman in disguise?

Say that your theory is true which I dont believe.We dont have to accept picks in this year.We can reach equal value by accepting picks in future years.If you cant get good value for our No 2 then we might as well use our pick.

CrunchTime said:
Say that your theory is true which I dont believe.We dont have to accept picks in this year.We can reach equal value by accepting picks in future years.If you cant get good value for our No 2 then we might as well use our pick.

First of all i dont have a theory i just said do we take best offer we get for a trade down even if it isn't what the draft charts say is fair or do we stick it out with the number and i still have not gotten a reason why we would not trade down

WOW! :eek:Are you serious JAREDMANN? Droping from #2 to even as far as #10 will involve probably a 2nd rounder, 4th rounder and a 1st rounder in 2006. That would be the LEAST we should get.

JAREDMANN said:
First of all i dont have a theory i just said do we take best offer we get for a trade down even if it isn't what the draft charts say is fair or do we stick it out with the number and i still have not gotten a reason why we would not trade down

We wouldnt trade down because getting ripped off makes no sense! Trading down when it is a horrible deal is stupid. If we can get a decent trade then I have no problem with trading down, but we are getting raped if your scenario plays out.

according to some stupid chart were getting ripped off but when you say trade with tampa/tennesee/minnesota ya we wont get the number 2 pick but one of the big 3 RB's, 2 big WR's or 2 big Qb's will still be there. An of course i think and hope we will get like "2nd rounder, 4th rounder and a 1st rounder in 2006"

I will make it so everyone can understand i hope, would you rather have
a) Brown
b)Caddy and say a Fabian Washington(i know Caddy might not be there but someone just as good will)

Back
Top Bottom