Trade Down From 6 or No Power for a Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Down From 6 or No Power for a Year

Me thinks we are big winners in the SF swap. They will be picking 8th and we would’ve been picking at 26 or so.

That’s power.

With two firsts the following year, that’s extra power.
I have no idea how you can predict where either team will end up in the draft order next season. I guess you must be a multimillionaire with your prognostication abilities. It must be nice to predict the lottery numbers in advance because Just predicting what position teams will be picking in the draft would seem to be a waste of your abilities if you aren’t using them to get rich in the lottery.

I have no idea how you can predict where either team will end up in the draft order next season. I guess you must be a multimillionaire with your prognostication abilities. It must be nice to predict the lottery numbers in advance because Just predicting what position teams will be picking in the draft would seem to be a waste of your abilities if you aren’t using them to get rich in the lottery.

people forget 1 very key thing.... we were already better than SF this year

Lottery numbers are too specific for me.

But being serious, I don’t know exactly where any team will finish, I’m just “rating” each team to be drafting in that territory, plus or minus 3 spots.

Do you not think the FO did an analysis of where they think SF would be picking each of the next two years, before making that trade?

And for the record, not a multi-millionaire yet but I did get about a 500% return on my stock investments over the last year. Although last week hurt.

SF does play a last place schedule. We'll see. I think Miami ends up with a better record, but I also think it will be close.

Or...he could be a person on a message board with an opinion? Not sure, just throwing that out there!

I think we wanted the 2023 1st rounder because by 2023 that would mean they gave Tua 3 years to be the franchise qb and if by then if he isn't we have 2 1st in 2023 to draft one or trade up for one.

I think we wanted the 2023 1st rounder because by 2023 that would mean they gave Tua 3 years to be the franchise qb and if by then if he isn't we have 2 1st in 2023 to draft one or trade up for one.
This, 100%.

SF does play a last place schedule. We'll see. I think Miami ends up with a better record, but I also think it will be close.

Six games against Seattle, Arizona and the Rams, though, potentially with a rookie QB. Green Bay, Indy, at Chicago, at Tennessee ... I think their upside is .500. They could exceed that if all their injured guys come back and perform at pre-injury levels, but the chances of that aren't great.

Six games against Seattle, Arizona and the Rams, though, potentially with a rookie QB. Green Bay, Indy, at Chicago, at Tennessee ... I think their upside is .500. They could exceed that if all their injured guys come back and perform at pre-injury levels, but the chances of that aren't great.
I'm also thinking around .500. Maybe 8-9, 7-10, 9-8. Bosa coming back could be huge for him, but I do expect their defense to regress a bit without Saleh there.

Shanahan can get a lot out of his talent on offense, but I agree with you on the rookie quarterback if that player starts.

Back
Top Bottom