Trade Down or Stand Pat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Down or Stand Pat

Dphins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I hope were able to trade down either with Tampa, Minny, Washington or whoever. but I just have I feeling were not going to be able to trade down. So if I had to guess we will be drafting Braylon Edwards.

we can trade down or get either Smith Edwards or Williams

not great and not bad

DonShula84 said:
I wouldnt rule out Ronnie Brown just yet.
Me neither. But I hope we get the trade down for 2 #1's from Minny. I'm starting to believe it.

Yea he might be there but so may Mike Williams. I think Saban can't loose...he will impress.

i pray a trade goes down - the top 10 prospects are pretty equal in value and a case can be made for any one of them to help our team - might as well pay one of them 7 or 9 money instead of 2 - minnesota is the most attractive trade parnter with the 7 and the 18 - maybe washington can find a way to sweeten the pot with their 9 and 25

I don't think Ronnie Brown would be a good 2nd pick. I hope they can find a way to trade down.

d-day said:
i pray a trade goes down - the top 10 prospects are pretty equal in value and a case can be made for any one of them to help our team - might as well pay one of them 7 or 9 money instead of 2 - minnesota is the most attractive trade parnter with the 7 and the 18 - maybe washington can find a way to sweeten the pot with their 9 and 25
:yeahthat:
IMO that is the best part of the trade scenario b4 us. If we still get Ronnie Brown (who I like). Paying him #7 dollars instead of #2 pick money is Awesome. I like Mike Williams too if he is available the RB depth is good. Good point, the cost will be much nicer.

Dphins said:
I hope were able to trade down either with Tampa, Minny, Washington or whoever. but I just have I feeling were not going to be able to trade down. So if I had to guess we will be drafting Braylon Edwards.

Agreed. The unlikelyhood of trading down was expressed in this thread last night -

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1141593#post1141593

It's not a popular position on this board - where 80% of the posts are operating on the basis as if the trade down is a certainty.

I think we need to draft the best player available. It may be Edwards. But, I'm not sure what Saban's thinking is. He may be one of the few who like Aaron Rodgers or he may think a RB is best. I had us taking Edwards in a mock draft a few days ago - so, I agree.

But, I can see us taking any of 4-5 players. Whomever we take, it will likely be the case that he is the BPA who fits our team the best, in Saban's mind.

Unless he drafts a kicker :eek: I'll trust his judgment. ;)

We should take Edwards because its a no lose situation. Minny can stand pat all they want, but they want Edwards, make no bones about it. They contacted us and Cleveland which means they want Edwards. If Minny waits for us to pick, the smartest thing Saban could do is draft Edwards, because you can still trade Edwards after and if it doesnt happen, so be it, we will have a probowl WR. I think Saban has put Smith at 1b and Edwards 1a.

If we end up at 7, look out for Antrelle Rolle cus Saban loves him and will turn him to safety and it puts more pressure on KC.

finfan54 said:
We should take Edwards because its a no lose situation. Minny can stand pat all they want, but they want Edwards, make no bones about it. They contacted us and Cleveland which means they want Edwards. If Minny waits for us to pick, the smartest thing Saban could do is draft Edwards, because you can still trade Edwards after and if it doesnt happen, so be it, we will have a probowl WR. I think Saban has put Smith at 1b and Edwards 1a.

Good point.

POINT IS:

IF we make a no.2 selection and no one trades for the player..., we are stuck..., we may have a player to build around but we are stuck..., without the prospect of more choices...

We have all the power come draft day..., i hope we load up on picks and draft a handful in the late first early second round by allowing teams to trade up with us..., all morning long.

i expect it to happen as we are in RE-BUILDING PHASE....

Back
Top Bottom