trade down our #9 draft pick or not? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trade down our #9 draft pick or not?

should we trade down our #9 draft pick or not?

• yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • i don't know yet

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Montella

Mr. Germany
Reaction score
what should we do on draft day? should we try to trade down our #9 pick to get some additional draft picks (maybe a mid 1st and a 3rd) or will we stay at #9?

i would like to trade down some spots, we need some more talent and to get a extra 3rd round pick would be hugh for us!

noooooooooooooo keep the 9 pick,¡we arent going to trade down any way unless wanny is our new HC:rolleyes:

I think we trade down and get a 2nd and a first in return for our pick......we will later get tedd ginn Jr or dwayne jarett

I absolutely think they should draft a QB regardless of Daunte Culpepper and his health. Culpepper demonstrated he has the arm strength and football knowledge to be successful in the NFL but he isn't getting any younger isn't a guarantee to play at a high level for the remainder of his career. Joey consistently proved he is NOT adequate even as a backup QB and I wouldn't pay him $4 million next year, which is what he'll be owed. Cleo Lemon is a BACKUP in this league.

What that uncertainty at the most important position, the Dolphins should pursue a top-tier QB. If one isn't available at #9, trade down and draft Troy Smith toward the end of the 1st round. If I had any power, that's what I'd do.

what should we do on draft day? should we try to trade down our #9 pick to get some additional draft picks (maybe a mid 1st and a 3rd) or will we stay at #9?

i would like to trade down some spots, we need some more talent and to get a extra 3rd round pick would be hugh for us!

No, lets use it on a QB...Im sick and tired of getting some other teams used up free agent and it never panning out...Can we please just once use our top pick on a future qb star...At least we wont have to worry about a qb for at least 4 years

I think it really depends on who's available at #9. If we can get a future franchise QB or impact player (OL, LB, DB, etc.) that we REALLY want, then stay at 9. If our elite players of interest are gone, then we could look at trading down and still getting a decent player in the 1st and perhaps a second or third in the deal. The other piece that we have NO control over is how bad a team below us wants to move up to get someone they want before another team grabs him. We won't know that until almost draft day. Until then it's all speculation. I'd love for us to get someone like Brohm at #9, but assuming he goes pro (which is more likely now that his coach is gone), I'm not sure he'll be there at #9. But if he is . . . . . IMPO, we'd be nuts to pass on him.

Every year its the same old "trade down and get more picks" posts....here's a new one, let's trade up! Maybe go get that franchise QB or LT...just a thought.

Depends who's available, depends even more on if we can find someone that wants to trade up.

No, lets use it on a QB...Im sick and tired of getting some other teams used up free agent and it never panning out...Can we please just once use our top pick on a future qb star...At least we wont have to worry about a qb for at least 4 years

You mean you don't like wasting a second-round draft pick every other year on a QB already in the NFL in deals that don't pan out?

I believe we should trade down, but stay in the top 15 picks. I say that b/c in our own division we only have to worry about buffalo picking someone we would have wanted, so may say so what, but remember we play 6 games against our division rivals --- thats potential 6 wins we can have --- if we can get good quality players in both rounds (the extra pic helps) also remember NE has 2 picks as well). Also with the influx of jr declaring (more after the BCS game) I believe getting more picks on day 1 especially in the 2nd and 3rd round will net our team a good crop of players that may have been taken earlier. I know its a pipe dream but i am all for trading down to the right space and thats top 15 only.

You mean you don't like wasting a second-round draft pick every other year on a QB already in the NFL in deals that don't pan out?

Exactly, and every year I support every one of these moves and it never works..its starting to get very very old...We need a true Dolphins qb for once...Someone we chose out of college, someone we groomed from the start, someone we can truly call our own.

Exactly, and every year I support every one of these moves and it never works..its starting to get very very old...We need a true Dolphins qb for once...Someone we chose out of college, someone we groomed from the start, someone we can truly call our own.

Well ... I DO know what you mean, but ... simply because we choose someone from college, groom them from the start, and are able to truly call him our own - does not guarantee that they will be great. We need to realize that any QB taken in the upper portion of the first round will command more $$$ than other positions. And with that in mind, we need to make sure that if we go in that direction ... we get the right guy.

Although I haven't given up on DC, I would no longer be opposed to a QB in the first (I do like Brohm)

I believe we should trade down, but stay in the top 15 picks. I say that b/c in our own division we only have to worry about buffalo picking someone we would have wanted, so may say so what, but remember we play 6 games against our division rivals --- thats potential 6 wins we can have --- if we can get good quality players in both rounds (the extra pic helps) also remember NE has 2 picks as well). Also with the influx of jr declaring (more after the BCS game) I believe getting more picks on day 1 especially in the 2nd and 3rd round will net our team a good crop of players that may have been taken earlier. I know its a pipe dream but i am all for trading down to the right space and thats top 15 only.

i totally agree with that! :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom