trade down partners???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trade down partners????

landshark44 said:
what would the redskins have to give us, they don't have a second rounder?

That's why I don't feel strongly about them making a trade.

packers won't either. they have too many needs, and are in too much cap trouble to pay the second pick of the draft to be a backup....

jnewmant said:
well if the chargers trade up to number one and the vikings trade up to number two and the packers trade up with cleveland to the number three, if if if if if... i'm looking at the 49ers having the first the dolphins having the second etc... there is a big possibility that one of the recievers will take a huge drop because alot of teams have other needs

The 9ers could totally take Edwards at #1 and then the Bears would take Williams at #4!

The vikings dont want to spend #2 money. Thats all they talk about on the radio up here in MN. They don't want to spend the money.

fitskin said:
The vikings dont want to spend #2 money. Thats all they talk about on the radio up here in MN. They don't want to spend the money.

True. Besides the $$$ it makes little sense for any team, Vikings included, to trade up in this weak at the top draft. Also the Vikes very rarely move up in the first round. It has been at least since 1988 since they have traded up in the first round. If they do not get a WR at #7 they can always get one at #18 or later in the Draft. As a Viking fan I would be stunned if they moved up from #7.

Jaj said:
The most likely team is the Vikings. Redskins and Chargers are definitely possiblities. Arizona also has a great chance of doing something.

Redskins can stay where they are and take clayton. they ghave showed alot of intrest in him

I think a lot of teams know that we really must upgrade our backfield through the draft. It's simply such a talented RB class that it would be very hard for Saban to pass up any one of these guys with our situation. Despite who's most popular on the board right now (precombine=Benson, postcombine= Brown), I think any one of the RBs is arguably the BPA at the #2 position.
If a team like Minnesota needs Edwards/Williams, or Green Bay wants A. Smith/A. Rodgers (and I do think that either one will do for either team), I think they're more likely to do business with someone like Cleveland unless they're absolutely dead set on one guy (and no one person has really distinguished himself as of yet). To Saban's credit, he has been purposefully ambiguous about his draft strategy in an effort to bait other teams, but I think a lot potential trade down partners are (correctly) figuring that we will be going RB. It's simply just a tough year to be trading down. If Saban can manage a way to trade down and still get one of the big backs, he should automatically be in the running for coach of the year.
(Any of these "Ricky coming back" scenarios I'm reading lately don't impress me and I think it's plain bad sense to alter our draft strategy around a character like that.)

fear-the-d said:
Redskins can stay where they are and take clayton. they ghave showed alot of intrest in him

Taking him at 9 would be a HUGE reach. :shakeno:

If we trade with Arizona I think it would be great, we would probably still get Ronnie Brown. If they traded up it would be for a QB, Chicago seems like they would like a RB so lets say they draft one, they are favoring Cedric Benson, then u have Tampa which likes Caddy, Tennessee and Minnesota don't have a pressing need there and then we draft Brown at 8 and pick up 2 or 3 more picks. Sounds pretty good to me.

Do u think Saban will draft Smith/Rodgers and try and do what San Diego did last year if we don't find a trade partner.

IMO a trade down would have to be with a SB contender.Its been mentioned on this thread that the Vikings dont want to pay for a No 2 .Thats because they dont need a QB.I dont think we want to pay a No 2 either especially for a RB but if we cannot trade down the only position that makes fiscal sense is QB.Its infrequent that we have had a chance at a franchise QB and we may not get that chance again for many years to come.

The only question I have is if Saban thinks Rodgers or Smith can be franchise QBs.

Back
Top Bottom