Trade down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down

Vol&dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
Here is why. the beagle have the 6 or 7th pick. they what sewell even at games u see Beagles fans holding up sewell signs. let on like we want to draft him then trade the pick for a 2nd or 3 rd and still get the wr of our pick

Here is why. the beagle have the 6 or 7th pick. they what sewell even at games u see Beagles fans holding up sewell signs. let on like we want to draft him then trade the pick for a 2nd or 3 rd and still get the wr of our pick
These trade downs are harder to consummate than fans realize - it takes a lot of demand because likely Cinci knows we want to move the pick and Cinci has more than one hole on both sides of the ball like us

In almost every one of my mock drafts I trade down with Smith or Chase being the first target. Usually get play from the Bengals, Eagles, Panthers, and Chargers. But that is a cpu making moves and Rent is correct.

I’d be willing to bet anyone the Bengals will not trade up unless it’s an absolute bargain. They can’t attract free agents and will not part with draft picks.

I expect Grier to trade the pick.

The #3 pick has a ton of value because of the quarterbacks in this draft. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields are all viewed as potential franchise quarterbacks.

Teams will give up a lot for potential franchise quarterbacks.

We would have a better shot of trading down if the Jets picked Sewell as QB hungry teams are more desperate.
If we are at 3 with TL and Fields off the board, then we may have to go with Sewell or Smith.

Miami would be laughing forever if someone, someway the Jets were so stupid as to let both Fields and Wilson fall to #3, letting whatever team fell in love with either of them bid up that pick. Every single year, teams fall in love with each prospect. There will be huge FIelds fans, there will be huge Wilson fans. The bidding would be astronomical.

No way they do Miami that much favor. We'd potentially have a top 12ish pick for the price of likely 2 future firsts for the trouble.

Trading down all the way to 28, plus a few more trade backs got me this quickly frankly sexy draft:

1609982704905.png

Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama

Deonte Brown
    OG Alabama

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

Joe Tryon
    EDGE Washington

Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State

• 2022 CHI 1st
  • 2022 CHI 2nd

I still say Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9 are our spots. Far enough trade down to ask for the 2022 #1 but also staying inside the top 10 to get 1 of the 3 premium WRs (I prefer JaMarr Chase) but will be more than happy with any of the three.

Back
Top Bottom