Trade for an o-lineman? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for an o-lineman?

Jackson had covid this week. Not hard to imagine that even though he was eligible to play, and active for an emergency, that maybe he wasn't all the way there from an energy perspective.
yeah, i never heard the reason he was in the protocol.

then i heard he had a non covid related illness the other day and he was traveling but questionable.

i certainly didn't want him out there at less than 100% regardless.

good to see the faith in Liam to stick him out there at LT in his first start against the Patsies.

when they said "we know he can play tackle" during training camp, they were not joking.

As always, Danny knows his business.

You keep changing up the line (O or D), they never get a chance to gel. And oh, how critical that is…

Throw ‘em in the soup, tell ‘em that they’re it, come hell or high water, and watch ‘em go.

That’s the only way you’ll see what you have. Keep swapping them out, game to game, and they’ll fail. But if you’ve been a Dolphins guy for the past 10 years, you knew that already….
You definitely can't play musical chairs with the line - you're not building anything there. Still, we for the most part started the same guys the bulk of last year - only Hunt was on the bench early in the year before starting much of the second half to my recollection. And the offensive line certainly didn't appreciably improve last year - they actually got exploited more and more as the year went on.

You have to give the foundation a chance to settle before moving on or you'll never build anything, but conversely, it's not a simple as inserting talented players, have them get better with experience and cohesion either. Not every player has it in them to be a good player in this league. And for the most part these are a bunch of young guys, plus a utility guy like Davis, trying to find their way without a real rock for them to rally around.

yeah, i never heard the reason he was in the protocol.

then i heard he had a non covid related illness the other day and he was traveling but questionable.

i certainly didn't want him out there at less than 100% regardless.

good to see the faith in Liam to stick him out there at LT in his first start against the Patsies.

when they said "we know he can play tackle" during training camp, they were not joking.
I'm definitely glad they gave Eich a shot to be there - I don't think he had a great performance at all, he was our worst lineman out there today, but he wasn't Taylor Lewan either, and for a young guy that I know we hope will work his way into the starting 5, that experience is certainly beneficial.

Liam Eichenberg is 20 months older than Austin Jackson. Michael Dieter us a first time starter. Kindley and Hunt sect with potential and Jesse Davis is Jesse Davis. They have a lot of work to do but it should get better.

Teams don’t give up 20 something OL so you’d be looking at 30 year olds for help.

It’s too early for any team to start trading away assets.

Why do so many people think there is a surplus of quality OL on other teams and they are just waiting for another team to make them an offer and would be willing to blow up their OL to accommodate?

To get the kind of impact players we want Grier would need to offer up Waddle, X, or 1st round picks. Then how do those holes get filled?

Liam Eichenberg is 20 months older than Austin Jackson. Michael Dieter us a first time starter. Kindley and Hunt sect with potential and Jesse Davis is Jesse Davis. They have a lot of work to do but it should get better.

Teams don’t give up 20 something OL so you’d be looking at 30 year olds for help.

It’s too early for any team to start trading away assets.
What do you mean, "sect with potential?"

All I know is our line will phase a much tougher test next week. Something magical better happen this week or else it will be a long day

Eichenberg played okay in my opinion. Honestly Jackson looked worse in the preseason against much worse rushers....

Yes Eich got 2 penalties, a gave up at least a couple pressures, but he did seem to run block well
+1 very, very ugly man-handled sack. All that was missing was him to be picked up off his feet and thrown into Tua.

Definitely a "Welcome to the NFL" moment for him. But he is a technician and future valuable utility OL for us. He will get much better.

Although far from perfect, our line was serviceable against a very good NE defense. It will improve throughout the season and any judgement should be held until much later this year. If anything, we need to shore up our interior defensive line against the run. Even that is hard to judge when R. Davis was injured.

Hey, we won, so corrections on a winning week go down so much smoother. Our OL didn't play well. They know it. Hopefully, as they get into game shape (physically and mentally), that's their floor.

Jackson had covid this week. Not hard to imagine that even though he was eligible to play, and active for an emergency, that maybe he wasn't all the way there from an energy perspective.
Did he test positive? Or was it a contact protocol?

I'm definitely glad they gave Eich a shot to be there - I don't think he had a great performance at all, he was our worst lineman out there today, but he wasn't Taylor Lewan either, and for a young guy that I know we hope will work his way into the starting 5, that experience is certainly beneficial.
I would ne interested in grades for each of our OL guys.

I would ne interested in grades for each of our OL guys.
I am most interested in how Eich did after he was pancaked for the whole world to see. I am guessing, but I don't think he will be a starter next week. Not because of that, but because Jackson should be back at LT and Davis is RT. I am hopeful Eich will be okay as he gets a little stronger and learns how to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

I'm just thinking if there is a team that knows they are out of it by the trade deadline and decide to rebuild but have a quality offensive lineman and they want a pick for him.

I'm just thinking if there is a team that knows they are out of it by the trade deadline and decide to rebuild but have a quality offensive lineman and they want a pick for him.
Could happen. I would rather our current guys improve.

Back
Top Bottom