Trade for Jalen Ramsey | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Jalen Ramsey

I would trade a 2020 1st (Houston) and a 2021 2nd (Houston) for Ramsey and 2021 4th. It would be like swapping Minka and a 2nd for Ramsey and a 4th.

Some great responses and comparisons on Madison and Surtain there. If Grier can somehow get Ramsey without losing too much draft capital the rebuild will get a huge shot in the arm. Big ask and not sure we can pull it off but you never know.

Doesn’t make sense for Miami but Ramsey’s absolutely right to demand to be highest paid and the jags are just as right to demand two first rounders.

Don’t want me first player on the team. Can get a good corner with one of out 3 #1’s no need to have 2 wallet drainers at CB.

Those guys wilted just as much as the front 7. If that defense managed to play half as well as they did in September in the winter, we may have played in a Superbowl or 2.

Yeah - except Surtain. He was always consistent.

Yeah - except Surtain. He was always consistent.
He was definitely more consistent. He was a younger and a bit better Madison. Both of them played some serious press coverage which was the staple of that defense we played back then. I remember Madison went a couple years or so without an interception while Surtain established himself as a ball hawk. It wasn't a huge deal with Madisons lack of INTs because he was honestly playing well...just didn't have the turnovers. That stretch is where Suratin established himself as our best CB.

Either way that defense had some serious talent. The fact that we constantly played press and rarely blitzed because our D line would get to the QB was the downfall towards the end of the season when we weren't as fresh. Another thing was if the other team could get an OL to Zach in the middle and block him (I'm looking at you Kevin Mawae and the Jets), we were absolutely gashed. It honestly was a good defense and really dominant when they were on their game.

I think many are losing focus with this Jalen Ramsey pipe dream.

If the current FO and staff traded away a player such as Minkah Fitzpatrick -- who they previously had no plans to trade -- due to the fact that he became disgruntled and was no longer buying into their vision (if he ever did), what makes you seriously believe they'd want to trade any type of draft capital to obtain an even more volatile player and personality?

It just doesn't make any sense.

As good as the thought of having Ramsey and X on each side is, it would be foolish to tie up that much money in one position when your roster is so minimally talented. I’d be quite surprised if Miami is doing anything more then answering the phone and saying no thank you.

Jags want 2 1st round picks plus Jalen is going to be looking for a big payday. Trading for Jalen would be a Tannenbum type move! Some people never learn.
I realize thats what the jags are putting out there but i think if we offered a 1st and 4th rounder that deal gets done. Tannenbaum gave money to guys with no talent this kid is actually a great young talent.

Having two lockdown corners is something we had when we had Madison and Surtain, I'd make that trade if i were in charge two top 5 CB's on the same NFL team would be a hell of thing to solidfy a defense with If anything Ramsey is going to retain his first round value on trade for at least the next 4 years so you can always recoupe the cost imo.

As good as the thought of having Ramsey and X on each side is, it would be foolish to tie up that much money in one position when your roster is so minimally talented. I’d be quite surprised if Miami is doing anything more then answering the phone and saying no thank you.

You do realize if we signed ramsey to a 20 million dollar salary for next season we would still have 100 million dollars of cap space right? Not to mention some cap space rolls over so who knows it may be more like 130 million dollars of cap space.

You do realize if we signed ramsey to a 20 million dollar salary for next season we would still have 100 million dollars of cap space right? Not to mention some cap space rolls over so who knows it may be more like 130 million dollars of cap space.

Plus you still have Rosen on the cheap and a 2020 QB on a rookie contract for a few years. If you have to break the bank on one of them, then move on from Ramsey and maybe Howard when theyre on the wrong side of 30.

Plus you still have Rosen on the cheap and a 2020 QB on a rookie contract for a few years. If you have to break the bank on one of them, then move on from Ramsey and maybe Howard when theyre on the wrong side of 30.

Not bad but i'd sell one of them at 28 and have a young high draft pick waiting for that spot, Most teams will give you max value till about age 28 .. After that the returns for the player goes down.. Like i said i am a fan of using analytics in most cases for most players.. Only exception is if you have a true great team leader and motivator ala Cam Wake/Zach Thomas

Back
Top Bottom