Trade for Jalen Ramsey | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Jalen Ramsey

Would love to have another shutdown corner opposite X, but not for that price. Not giving up 2 1s or a 1 and a 2 after decimating our team to get them. Just gotta hope we hit on one with one of our picks.

Would love to have another shutdown corner opposite X, but not for that price. Not giving up 2 1s or a 1 and a 2 after decimating our team to get them. Just gotta hope we hit on one with one of our picks.

That would be so Tannenbaum to go back to doing stuff like that.

I'd just wait for Byron Jones, however, IF.............Ramsey will sign a 6 year contract extension beginning after he plays next year at the 14 mil 5th year option, then, and only then, would I pony up a 1st and a 2nd. 17 mil a year sounds like a fortune but the cap goes up and up, and in a few years 17 mil a year for top 5 CB won't sound so bad. That would keep him a Dolphin into the age 31-32 range.

Still, if Byron Jones does hit FA, and he is motivated by the big money.......we could get a better CB,IMO, without giving up picks, and without making our team considerably better in a tank year.

On the other hand, it may be difficult to snag the big name FA's. Some of these don't care about money. Dolphins are going to have set records for guaranteed money next spring.

Certainly not worth multiple 1st round picks, we can get a excellent CB with the pick we got from the Steelers or Texans and have him the rookie salary, it's either and offensive tackle or cornerback after the QB and the 3rd 1st we got should go to the other OT Davis isn't great find a different spot of him, OT and CB top priority in the 1st round, top pick in the 2nd round should go to the other tackle.

QB, OT, CB, pick 33 if were lucky OT

Thought about it a while and just not worth a 1st and pay him top dollar - of course if we miss on CB in the draft it will be a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
I'd give 1 of the Houston firsts, and the Houston 2nd for him. The likelihood of Chris Grier drafting a player as good as Jalen Ramsey with either of those picks combined is slim to none.

Think Ramsey makes the most sense for a contender. If you're a bad team, Ramsey won't make you good, but he could be the difference between losing in the playoffs and winning a SB (for the right team).

he is worth something just not one of those first 4 picks - that's if he signs like a 6 year deal with us, after this year he is making top dollar and you can't pay him millions more a year than your paying Xavien and you know he going after big money - big time problems if you do.

I also thought he would be worth it - I've back way off after thinking about it, maybe our 2nd 2nd and something like a 3rd in 2021 - it's not like the Tunsil trade, Tunsil wanted to be a Dolphin for life, Ramsey wants out of Jacksonville and who's to say he will be happy here even if we land Tua. We still could need the 2021 draft to be a playoff team.

Great CB, questionable attitude. I think we stick with what we have. We drafted X and he’s been good. No reason to think we can’t find another CB through the draft or FA.

Think people
Ya Ramsey today isn't taking us anywhere. But Ramsey next year and the next year and the next year, hopefully putting a team together by bringing in the right combinations of skilled and talent sprinkled with a bit of top shelf isn't hurting the vision.....Infact it's more reasonable to think it is really helping ...and IMO a super place to start..but

Fun to think about but we are not getting Ramsey (IMO sadly)

I rather give up one of our late 1st and late second for Ramsey (if we know he will be willing to sign a 5 or 6 year deal) than hoping Grier hits on another CB like X. Sure he wouldnt help as much as were going to pay him this year, but in 2 or 3 years when our D is in full swing he will be one great player to have. So far what ive been hearing is that he is wanting to get payed, and may be OK coming down here as long as we pay him what he wants. Guys, either way, its going to take a lot of money to convince guys of his caliber to come down here.

Ramsay needs to go to a competitor. He could be a very disruptive presence on a struggling dolphins roster

Back
Top Bottom