Trade for Kellen Winslow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Kellen Winslow

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kellen-winslow-trading-block-164535122.html

Bucs are reportedly asking for a mid-to-late round draft pick for his services.

I'm having some seriously awesome visions of him and Michael Egnew tearing up our division for years to come.

Cut Fasano and bring in another player from the U to boost morale.

Our TE's then, IMO, would rival NE's.

Get her done Ireland and you will officially become my hero.

Why dont the Bucs want him? They have plenty of cap room, and dont have a viable replacement imo. Sounds odd that they would just decide to dump him. It must be an injury or a personality type thing

Despite the pedigree of a top ten draft pick and having a Hall of Fame father, Winslow has not been the consistently dominating force many envisioned when he came out of the University of Miami. At this point, he's not likely to net much of a return for the Bucs in a trade.

So what am I missing here? They are replacing him with Dallas Clark. And saving a lot of money.

I have a crazy thought, let's see what are TEs can do before we dump them.

Not Philbin's type of player. I seriously doubt Miami will even kick the tires on this one. I couldn't see Miami signing him as a FA let alone trading for him.

Why dont the Bucs want him? They have plenty of cap room, and dont have a viable replacement imo. Sounds odd that they would just decide to dump him. It must be an injury or a personality type thing

He's not doing off season workouts with the team. And the new staff doesn't like it.

Na, don't trade for Winslow, go with what they have.

Fasano is probably entering his last season with the Dolphins, but I think the plan is already in motion for what the future looks like at that position. Apparently Philbin is pretty high on Clay, plus they just drafted Egnew in the third round. Who knows, maybe this Les Brown guy turns out to be a hidden treasure.

This thread should not have been moved! We're talking about the impact this could potentially have on the Miami Dolphins football team. Just because the player in question is on another team doesn't mean it's a general NFL topic. I swear this site sometimes....

Now had I phrased the thread like this and didn't even mention the Miami Dolphins, then I could understand >>> Kellen Winslow is a beast! Then if I went on to talk about just the player and how good he is, then yeah move it. But we are talking Dolphins football here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why of course!

Let's trade away one mental case of a player, and trade for another!

Winslow is not the dominante TE many thought he would of become and is ridiculously hyped off his days at the U. Lets just say his mouth is bigger than his game. Not to mention this guy makes terrible off the field decisions. Not a Philin type player.

As for the TE tandem. I think Clay and Egnew will be tearing it up this year in the WCO.

Actually, I'm surprised that Fasano has not been cut or traded at this point.

Na, don't trade for Winslow, go with what they have.

Fasano is probably entering his last season with the Dolphins, but I think the plan is already in motion for what the future looks like at that position. Apparently Philbin is pretty high on Clay, plus they just drafted Egnew in the third round. Who knows, maybe this Les Brown guy turns out to be a hidden treasure.

I hope not. My biggest problem with the OP was the suggestion that we cut Fasano. He is not a dominant player, but today's NFL is very specialized and Fasano is a guy thats very good at a specific and useful skill set. Why let him go? He will be pretty affordable and he is an excellent blocker and has been known to slip out and make a big catch or two. Fasano is the type of role player that every team needs...does everything pretty well but is really good at one thing. All I know is Egnew and Clay damn sure arent blocking anybody and the other scrubs we have are barely bottom of the roster material.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kellen-winslow-trading-block-164535122.html

Bucs are reportedly asking for a mid-to-late round draft pick for his services.

I'm having some seriously awesome visions of him and Michael Egnew tearing up our division for years to come.

Cut Fasano and bring in another player from the U to boost morale.

Our TE's then, IMO, would rival NE's.

Get her done Ireland and you will officially become my hero.

Why would anyone cut Fasano for Winslow? What has Winslow proved other than he sucks at endos on a bike? I love the mass disrespect that Fasano gets even though over 90% of the plays that the guy touches ends up in a positive play for the team, first downs, TD's, blocking etc...the man gets no love at all.

Fundamentally Fasano is a great blocking tight end, way above average in this area, receiving he is average and unfortunately this is the spot that gets over criticized these days with TE's. You need a solid TE on the roster and Fasano is the man, there are enough project cases with Clay and Egnew, Winslow isn't a slam dunk by any means so I'll pass.

There is literally no reason to get rid of Fasano. He's at that level that he's an asset to the team, but not good enough to get a whole lot in trade.

And Winslow? Well, at least it's better than Tannehill for Romo...

Why would anyone cut Fasano for Winslow? What has Winslow proved other than he sucks at endos on a bike? I love the mass disrespect that Fasano gets even though over 90% of the plays that the guy touches ends up in a positive play for the team, first downs, TD's, blocking etc...the man gets no love at all.

Fundamentally Fasano is a great blocking tight end, way above average in this area, receiving he is average and unfortunately this is the spot that gets over criticized these days with TE's. You need a solid TE on the roster and Fasano is the man, there are enough project cases with Clay and Egnew, Winslow isn't a slam dunk by any means so I'll pass.

I'm not disrespecting Fasano, and I do agree he gets bashed for not being a "pass catching TE" even though he does deliver. He is a jack of all trades master of none, something every team needs. Good blocker, good recevier just not elite at either and thats OK.

My reason for trading or cutting Fasano is his cap numbers, $4.375 mill for a average TE is just crazy IMO.

I love Fasano, he is a true team player, gives it his all, never takes a play off. But his cap numbers just scream at me, in my sleep.

Back
Top Bottom