Trade for QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for QB

CC Coach

Starter
Reaction score
Now that it is obvious to all that the Culpepper trade was a bust and that Harrington still sucks this team has to get a QB.
For years, most NFL scouts have been saying that Matt Schaub of Atlanta will be a good when given the chance.
Vick will never leave Atlanta.
The Fins need to go after this guy instead of any rookie in the draft.

Now that it is obvious to all that the Culpepper trade was a bust and that Harrington still sucks this team has to get a QB.
For years, most NFL scouts have been saying that Matt Schaub of Atlanta will be a good when given the chance.

:hmmm: Not so sure about that.

Culpepper still has not healed enough to show his real worth. I believe he is still Pro Bowl caliber and that he will do great next year.

The draft may be the best place to look for a QB this year. Most of the draft gurus here believe that this year the QB position will be pretty deep in talent and that we may be able to snag a good prospect in the 1st or 2nd round.

NO. No more trades!! The QBs stay . Miami needs to build around C-Pep. OL and a real stud WR.

I would be happy to keep the same three QB's if we can get could cap #'s for Lemon and Harrington.

we already traded for a big name qb last season and its too early to decide if C-Pep is a bust....but like Dredd said, we need to build the offense around culpepper to bring back his past success

Obvious to who? Not me. I have not seen a healthy DC play and until I do, I am not making any judgements on who is a bust. I will make my own opinion on that. Daunte in '07!!!!!!!!! GO DAUNTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not obvious to me, and I don't see how it could be obvious to anyone else. The guy was injured this year so making any judgements are a little premature.
There is a reason that Matt Schaub has not been acquired by other teams, and I would suggest that it is because he isn't very good. We are not the only team in the NFL that is struggling with QB play. Most NFL teams are looking to upgrade the Qb position. It's a very hard position to fill. As Bill Parcells once said (paraphrasing), it's not as if you can just phone Dial-a-QB and suddenly all your franchise's problems are solved.

we already traded for a big name qb last season and its too early to decide if C-Pep is a bust....but like Dredd said, we need to build the offense around culpepper to bring back his past success

I hope you are kidding. Why would you build an offense around an aging QB who is on the backside decline of his career?

I hope you are kidding. Why would you build an offense around an aging QB who is on the backside decline of his career?

We hope you're kidding. Aging? Decline? The guy was injured! Is Drew Brees aged and declining?

C-Pep is the guy, like it or not, the next 2-3 years will be dictated by Daunte's play.

Not exactly sure what we mean by 'build an offense around Culpepper' ..

IF that means -- build a pass 1st mentality around pass blocking -- then I vote NO - NO - NO !!

IF that just means -- get a solid LT to protect his blind side, an upgrade at R/LG or C to go along with a REAL #1 WR .... then sure -- but that has NOTHING to do with Culpepper --- we BADLY NEED those improvements, regardless of who ends up leading the way next SEP !!!!

We absolutely CAN NOT put all our eggs in a Culpepper basket next year .... if'n he is 100% healthy, and improves his play -- then I'm all about him leading the team ... if not -- then cut sling and move in another direction !!!

The PROBLEM is that since he CAN NOT start effectively rehab'ing until MAR -- it puts us in a real bind .............. what it really boils down to is

1- put all blind faith in Culpepper again next year ...

2- find a solid QB to lead the team for at least 2-3 years whether or not Culpepper can come back ...

I vote for COA # 2 .... trade Joey .... draft a QB .... keep Lemon around if possible .... and pick up someone -- even if its Gus to start if Culpepper can't go next year ...

Also, I would be shocked if Schaub doesn't get traded this offseason -- if for no other reason than to smooth the waters with Vick ... so the 'cost' to get him this year, might not be as high as it was last year ... I would give our 2d RD pick for him -- easily ... he is WORLDs better than Joey !

C-Pep is the guy, like it or not, the next 2-3 years will be dictated by Daunte's play.
Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you?

Hopefully the coaching staff (whomever they may be) will realize what I've known since Spring 2006: Culpepper is an overrated bum who is a running quarterback that can no longer run. His fumbling, one-read-and-scramble, second-read-and-run talents will squander our season once again if he is handed the top job next year.

I predicted Culpepper would kill our season the day he was traded here. I was right then and I'm going on the record again - now - that the Dolphins will fall to disaster once more in 2007 if he remains in an aqua uniform.

Ditch the one-trick ponies for 2007 and get us a real field general!

Back
Top Bottom