Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson

and the guy that is a zero threat in the redzone?
check yoself befo you break yoself. Andre Johnson is not a huge redzone threat, and his TD totals for the last 11 seasons reflects that. If i'm trading for ANY WR it would still be larry fitz.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzLa00.htm - larry coming off a 10 TD season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnAn02.htm - Andre Johnson... 3 years older and has NEVER had a double digit TD season.

check yoself befo you break yoself. Andre Johnson is not a huge redzone threat, and his TD totals for the last 11 seasons reflects that. If i'm trading for ANY WR it would still be larry fitz.

lol...yea truthfully I wasn't even trying to say AJ would be a better redzone threat, I mean I would assume he would be with his size...but wasn't he injured most of last year?..Edit: I just checked...he did play all 16 games and only had 5 TDs...yuck.

So we take a $4M cap hit for trading Hartline, and pick up a $10M salary, when we have a total of $13M in cap space? Without getting into anything else not making sense, no chance in hell.

and the guy that is a zero threat in the redzone?

Still not giving him up. Why give up your best WR for an old vet? I understand Johnson is still producing but he is what 34-35? How much time does he have left? Thats just me though.

Still not giving him up. Why give up your best WR for an old vet? I understand Johnson is still producing but he is what 34-35? How much time does he have left? Thats just me though.

Well I wouldnt necessarily give him up for AJ, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading him was my point. I know he's produced and I like him as a posession receiver, but I dont think I'd cry too much if he were traded as long as we don't get screwed with the trade.

Maybe we haven't pulled the trigger because of the same reason these great madden trades never go through.The texans would have to agree with this trade, and i have yet to see anything to show that it was even offered.

Well I wouldnt necessarily give him up for AJ, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading him was my point. I know he's produced and I like him as a posession receiver, but I dont think I'd cry too much if he were traded as long as we don't get screwed with the trade.

See now that I can agree with. If we are giving up Hartline and a fourth for an aging, big contract WR I would be mad. But like you said as long as we don't get screwed I would be cool with Hartline and a few others getting traded.

See now that I can agree with. If we are giving up Hartline and a fourth for an aging, big contract WR I would be mad. But like you said as long as we don't get screwed I would be cool with Hartline and a few others getting traded.

Yup, and depending on how Landry does, I'm not sure how much longer we'll be seeing Hartline as a phin. My suspision is he will play for us for the next 2 seasons at the most. I don't know when his contract is up, but if we don't trade him before-hand, I think we just end up letting him walk without resigning him.

If and I mean if Johnson were to come here I think Hartline would pretty much disappear in the offense! He is the guy i might get rid of! If that is what it took to get AJ skillsets!

Well if that's the case, I'm taking MEGATRON and it ain't even close :chuckle: (and yes I realize that this would never happen but I feel like daydreaming today)

Back
Top Bottom