Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I know that Hartline is a very reliable receiver for # 17, but we are loaded at receiver and Hartline does not provide something special like the speed of Mike Wallace. I can put Hartline in the same basket as Gibson and Landry almost same size and speed and very solid receivers but not game breaker type of receivers.. I think Hartline is expendable at this point.

A. Johnson provides another dimension to this offense. His combination of size/speed which makes him a good red zone target and also a very good complement to Mike Wallace and Charles Clay.

I don't see why we didn't pull the trigger yet on that trade.

Yeah, what this team really need is yet another 10+MIL WR...

Bench, I know where your going with this, and yes getting a player like Johnson can be a plus. but age, injuries, and amount he will expect is not worth it.

I don't expect Johnson to play much longer, so you are talking getting a player for a few years, at premium money, and the dark cloud of injuries will always be surrounding him. Hartline is finally coming into his own, he is still young, will not cost as much as Johnson, and injuries rarely effect him during the season.

Trade a young ascending possession receiver AND A DRAFT PICK for an overpaid, descending possession receiver. This seems well thought out. I'll forward to Hickey!

Honestly it wont happen, but it would make a lot of sense for both teams. We absolutley need a WR with the skillset AJ brings, and hes a hometown guy to boot.

I love Hartline, but any fan who thinks he is even on the same level as AJ right now is just being biased.

EDIT: And we might not even need to give a 4th. Hartline and a 6th for someone who clearly doesnt want to play on the team is possible.

Honestly it wont happen, but it would make a lot of sense for both teams. We absolutley need a WR with the skillset AJ brings, and hes a hometown guy to boot.

I love Hartline, but any fan who thinks he is even on the same level as AJ right now is just being biased.

EDIT: And we might not even need to give a 4th. Hartline and a 6th for someone who clearly doesnt want to play on the team is possible.
We absolutely don't! WR is way down on the list of needs, MLB, OLB, CB, OG, RB all have more question marks than WR...

Rather keep Hartline and just bump the draft pick up to a 3rd.

Then again, who do you cut?

Wallace
Johnson
Hartline
Gibson
Matthews
Landry

Guess we carry 6 in that scenario?

:idk:

Besides what everyone else has said....

Andre Johnson wants to go to a contender.He would not come here.

I know that Hartline is a very reliable receiver for # 17, but we are loaded at receiver and Hartline does not provide something special like the speed of Mike Wallace. I can put Hartline in the same basket as Gibson and Landry almost same size and speed and very solid receivers but not game breaker type of receivers.. I think Hartline is expendable at this point.

A. Johnson provides another dimension to this offense. His combination of size/speed which makes him a good red zone target and also a very good complement to Mike Wallace and Charles Clay.

I don't see why we didn't pull the trigger yet on that trade.

This aint MADDEN BOY

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like Hartline. He's clutch, and clearly Tannehill's favorite WR so far. Taking that away would be a big mistake.

Trade Hartline? Our leading reciever the past two seasons? The guy with the best chemistry with Tannehill?

s156l4-1.gif

you trade Matthews or Gibson.
Rather keep Hartline and just bump the draft pick up to a 3rd.

Then again, who do you cut?

Wallace
Johnson
Hartline
Gibson
Matthews
Landry

Guess we carry 6 in that scenario?

:idk:

Back
Top Bottom