Trade Idea: Parker To Dallas For Oline Help | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Idea: Parker To Dallas For Oline Help

Has Miami ever made out on any trade with Dallas?

Matter of fact...Has Miami ever made a decent trade period over the last 3 decades?

In recent memory:

Kenny Stills for a 3rd round pick + Dannell Ellerbe was a good trade.

Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick was a good trade, considering the depth we had plus Ajayi's limited long term prospect.

I seem to remember us trading Jonathan Martin for conditional late round pick to the 49ers.. That's just amazing.

I would stand by the trade with the Eagles which gave us Maxwell and Kiko for moving 5 spots. Kiko has been a game-changer at times.

EDIT
As for OP, I don't think trading Parker is wise. His value has never been lower than it is now - and his (eventual) presence on the offense is worth more than backup OLs. Especially Chaz Green lol.

Keeping him also holds the door open for a potential compensatory pick if another team ponies up a big contract for him in FA.

How about Parker for Jamon Brown of the Rams

Has Miami ever made out on any trade with Dallas?

Matter of fact...Has Miami ever made a decent trade period over the last 3 decades?

Finheaven. Llllooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeddddddd, I mean loved a 3rd for Lamar Gordon. Just pointing out we don’t always have all the answers. Believe me the site thought we fleeced the crap out of the Rams. Good call!

I guess you wouldn't consider our team drafting
3 offensive lineman in the past 4 years as an investment :bang:

Especially when two out of the three were
Isiata and Douglas:drop:

No, it's not enough. The lack of depth on OL tells you that they haven't done enough over the years to field a quality unit. What's worse is that when they do draft lineman/sign a FA, it typically doesn't work so well. 10+ years of building the OL, and this is what we have.

Finheaven. Llllooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeddddddd, I mean loved a 3rd for Lamar Gordon. Just pointing out we don’t always have all the answers. Believe me the site thought we fleeced the crap out of the Rams. Good call!

Really? Lol I wasn't here then, but I hated that trade! They were in desperation mode. Wannstache ran most of his offense through Ricky.

Keeping him also holds the door open for a potential compensatory pick if another team ponies up a big contract for him in FA.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

I'm an optimist, but that is a joke.

LMAO

I'm an optimist, but that is a joke.

Just saying it's a possibility, albeit really really slim. If Parker plays a good stretch of football for the final 10 games of the season, and enters a weak WR FA market - a team like Dallas could easily overpay for him. Look at the deal Watkins got from KC.

I don't think it'll happen but it's not a joke.

Then there was that time we traded a 2nd for Feeley

I don’t see why we should trade for a lineman now. I suggest we stay the course and sign more plus 30 year olds to contracts so they can break the F down on us.

This coupled with our failed draft pick strategy should continue the 20 year cycle.

The time to trade for OL help was in the off-season when the asking prices were more reasonable.

No, it's not enough. The lack of depth on OL tells you that they haven't done enough over the years to field a quality unit. What's worse is that when they do draft lineman/sign a FA, it typically doesn't work so well. 10+ years of building the OL, and this is what we have.

My reply was a joke...Lighten up for God's sake

Back
Top Bottom