Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit

I mean...I don’t think there’s any way in the world Detroit does this trade. But if they did? Hell yeah. Miami KEEPS #5 and gets #3?

Okay.

Take Tua at 3 and Okudah at 5. Okudah is generally considered the best CB prospect since Ramsey.

Edit: I believe Wirfs still goes at 4.

Wait so you are trading what exactly for in return? X won’t get you the 5 pick by himself with that contract attached. So what’s the deal exactly that lands tua and wills ? (I’m not in love witb the player top 5 personally)

I think I laid it out in the original post but ok. Xavien and 26th overall for 3rd overall and 35th overall. I did say it would probably be reasonable for us to add a 2021 3rd or Houstons 2021 2nd in a later post. Thus giving us 3rd and 5th overall allowing us to take Tua and Wills. It's probably never gojng to happen but like i said in OP I'm hoping Detroit is desperate to win now.

I think I laid it out in the original post but ok. Xavien and 26th overall for 3rd overall and 35th overall. I did say it would probably be reasonable for us to add a 2021 3rd or Houstons 2021 2nd in a later post. Thus giving us 3rd and 5th overall allowing us to take Tua and Wills. It's probably never gojng to happen but like i said in OP I'm hoping Detroit is desperate to win now.

I don’t think that’s close to enough to get you to 3. Even before the x extension. But after just don’t see it. That’s a big contract

they’d be wiser imo to trade out to a team coming up for a qb and stay top 5-7. Still command a top non rated qb for 5 years at essentially dirt money grand scheme of things relative to cap/free agency market.

although I do get what you are saying about win now.

I mean...I don’t think there’s any way in the world Detroit does this trade. But if they did? Hell yeah. Miami KEEPS #5 and gets #3?

Okay.

Take Tua at 3 and Okudah at 5. Okudah is generally considered the best CB prospect since Ramsey.

Edit: I believe Wirfs still goes at 4.
I do like Okudah quite a bit but I simply trust our coaches to develop CB's in the 2nd round range rather then develop OT's. That's why if this scenario which I understand guys is a bit farfetched (I'm basically banking on a desperation move) goes through I take Tua and Wills. If I'm a Lions fan I'm livid but this is the Lions, crazier things have happened.

Are you saying the 26th over all pick and Howard for the 3rd overall pick or the 26th, Howard and the 5th overall pick for the 3rd pick? I can't see Howard and a late 1st round pick alone get you the 3rd overall pick.

Are you saying the 26th over all pick and Howard for the 3rd overall pick or the 26th, Howard and the 5th overall pick for the 3rd pick? I can't see Howard and a late 1st round pick alone get you the 3rd overall pick.
26th and Howard (I'll add Houstons 2021 2nd) for 3rd and 35th

The Jags got 2 1sts and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey. I don't think the difference from Jalen to Xavien is as big as a lot of people think.

Let's try and look at it this way. I think Xavien is worth at least a top 10 - top 15 1st and a 2nd. With that valuation the Dolphins are giving a top 10 1st, a 2nd, another first (the 26th overall) and Houstons 2021 2nd for 3rd overall and 35th. Taking a quick peek at a few trade value charts this looks to be a pretty fair trade value wise based on my valuation of Xavien.

I do like Okudah quite a bit but I simply trust our coaches to develop CB's in the 2nd round range rather then develop OT's. That's why if this scenario which I understand guys is a bit farfetched (I'm basically banking on a desperation move) goes through I take Tua and Wills. If I'm a Lions fan I'm livid but this is the Lions, crazier things have happened.

Legit point about the coaching. And I’ll tell you what; if this trade went down? I wouldn’t take Okudah. I’d take Derrick Brown.

Last edited:
So Jalen Ramsey who is a huge Diva, talks a huge game but at times doesn't back it up, forced the Jags hand and made it be known to the world that he wanted out gets 2 1sts and a 4th but Xavien is worth nothing on the trade market. I'm sorry I don't agree with this at all. I'll say this though, I can understand if we may have to add on top of this offer like a 2021 3rd or 2021 2nd from Houston. That is probably reasonable.
Jalen Ramsey being a diva or talking trash isn’t a concern. There are a million diva players who talk trash. Xavien Howard playing only 1 full season without getting injured is a big deal. Ramsey has barely missed a game other than when he was trying to get traded. Also from a team perspective allegedly assaulting your fiancée is a much bigger red flag than being a “Diva”. And also I’m sure Xavien has some market but we won’t get anything close to that Jalen Ramsey deal because of the injury and off field stuff so now is not the time to trade him. You trade players when they have a hot market (ala Tunsil) and capitalize on their stock. You don’t dump good players when their stock is low that’s just not smart business

Jalen Ramsey being a diva or talking trash isn’t a concern. There are a million diva players who talk trash. Xavien Howard playing only 1 full season without getting injured is a big deal. Ramsey has barely missed a game other than when he was trying to get traded. Also from a team perspective allegedly assaulting your fiancée is a much bigger red flag than being a “Diva”. And also I’m sure Xavien has some market but we won’t get anything close to that Jalen Ramsey deal because of the injury and off field stuff so now is not the time to trade him. You trade players when they have a hot market (ala Tunsil) and capitalize on their stock. You don’t dump good players when their stock is low that’s just not smart business
I used Jalen as an example of how teams don't devalue top corners when there was opportunity to do so. Jalen being a headcase and demanding a trade should have devalued him but it didn't. I agree with you though, Xavien probably isn't at his highest value right now but in my scenario judging by how some of the posters think I'm smoking something I think I'm getting fair market value. I make this trade because even though Xavien's issues are a bit worse it didn't devalue him in this scenario.

Op what do you think x’s value in trade at its peak was exactly?

Ie before he signed the extension and after the 2018 season?

I’d argue that it was at best a top 25 1st and a top 75 3rd.

you can combine those picks together plus what you’ve added in you scenario and you aren’t getting to the top 5. You might get to 15 or even 12 but I don’t even think you get to the top 10.

and that’s before the massive contract and pay you absorb in tbe process

Legit point about the coaching. And I’ll tell you what; if this trade went down? I wouldn’t take Okudah. I’d take Derrick Brown.
Op what do you think x’s value in trade at its peak was exactly?

Ie before he signed the extension and after the 2018 season?

I’d argue that it was at best a top 25 1st and a top 75 3rd.

you can combine those picks together plus what you’ve added in you scenario and you aren’t getting to the top 5. You might get to 15 or even 12 but I don’t even think you get to the top 10.

and that’s before the massive contract and pay you absorb in tbe process
To a team that appreciates a big man coverage like X I think it's higher then what you suggested. A mid to top ten 1st and a 2nd. I don't think there's as much difference from Jalen to X as compared to most but I'm not an expert tape grinder.

To a team that appreciates a big man coverage like X I think it's higher then what you suggested. A mid to top ten 1st and a 2nd. I don't think there's as much difference from Jalen to X as compared to most but I'm not an expert tape grinder.

Just my opinion but I think you are why high on x trade value. I don’t see how it was higher than tunsil for instance.

ramsey given the timing and the player commanding two #1s I could see especially considering those 2 picks were coming from a prior year superbowl play in team (and I’m sure the rams projected those 2 picks when they made the deal would be plus side of pick 25) ie 2 late 1s

Yeah Howard has probably almost no trade market right now. Huge contract coming off an injury and off the field stuff that may result in a suspension. Zero chance he gets traded and If he does we will be getting back pennies on the dollar
Charges were dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom