Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit

Cool discussion. Nice break from another QB superthread.

So, we're getting/staying with 3, 5 and 18? I have to make this trade.

Wasn't Flores responsible for getting excellent production out of basically no-name DBs in New England?

And X, as wonderful as he is and as many have mentioned, has trouble staying on the field. This won't get better with age.

I do believe X has #1 value in the 1-10 range so lets give him the lowest grade of 10. If I read correctly, we are giving up:

10th (Howard), 26th, and possibly a 3rd next year

For

3rd and and a 2nd

That would leave us with 3 picks in the first and 3 picks in the 2nd. Fellas, that's 6 young players with the likelyhood to instantly start. (Except for Tua. I'd 99.9 percent sit Tua.)

I don't think the Lions would even consider this trade.

Maybe I'm missing something because many of you are opposed to it but IMO, we'd be commiting felony robbery on Detroit.

I would have to make this trade.

After seeing Tua yesterday at the combine, I would NOT trade up for him. I have concerns taking him at 5 as well. He is limping. Does not look good for a top pick. He may drop like a rock. He did in my observation. Scared is what I felt when I saw him walking.

After seeing Tua yesterday at the combine, I would NOT trade up for him. I have concerns taking him at 5 as well. He is limping. Does not look good for a top pick. He may drop like a rock. He did in my observation. Scared is what I felt when I saw him walking.

That and he's only 6 feet tall, not good for a guy most of finheaven has deemed as our savior.

Whoever we draft I'm going to be a big fan of instantly so I don't want to play any favorites, but trading up for a guy who is small and fragile seems like a terrible idea to me.

In fact the prospect that intrigues me the most is Jeff Okudah.

I like how people are now saying Howard has a massive contract and wants to get rid of him but when news broke of him getting that contract everyone here was ecstatic about Miami keeping one of their own. Howard has injuries issues before the contract. Nothing has changed

How about X, #18 and a late 3rd (if needed) , then we move 26 up with a second for a Tackle? That's more than X' is worth but more incentive to do the deal. Detroit gets a quality player and a top 20 1st rounder. Even if we don't move up with 26 we have that pick and 2 #2's for Line and DB's. I like X and don't really want to lose him but two top 5 picks can sure help this team. X didn't have the greatest game at Texas this year.

Last edited:
I'm not ready to give up on X, just yet. I think we forget how good he was prior to the injuries. We certainly don't need another hole in this team. I would like to soften the blow a little on the trade up with Detriot, that surely will happen, but I would rather throw in a Josh Rosen (hell we may get something of value for him) or someone else, than Howard.

Even if Tua is off the board, think of adding Brown and Simmonds to the pass rush!

I'm not ready to give up on X, just yet. I think we forget how good he was prior to the injuries. We certainly don't need another hole in this team. I would like to soften the blow a little on the trade up with Detriot, that surely will happen, but I would rather throw in a Josh Rosen (hell we may get something of value for him) or someone else, than Howard.
If we sent Rosen they may want two #1's. LOL

I see this as absolutely terrible value for Detroit.
I'm not sure X. Howard could fetch the 35th pick straight up. Yet this proposal essentially valuing him the same as the 3rd overall pick.

I’d rather just move Howard in a separate deal, I think best case scenario we get a 1st and 2nd, but more than likely a 1 and 3, and I’d do that deal. Raiders have two 1sts, and three 3rds so they can afford to make a deal like that, and of course they desperately need CB. Now to soften the blow of losing Howard I would sign Byron Jones in free agency.

I can't see Detroit doing it nor do I think X has the value that the OP feels he does.

However if Detroit was willing I would do it (and in a hurry).

terrible idea. create more holes. do you know how hard it is to have a shut down corner and how beneficial to the defense that is? Ever heard of Deion or Revis Island?

Yeah and those guys played for multiple teams. Elite CB get traded all the time. Elite QBs? They never get traded. If this trade will help us get a elite QB then im for it. Let's stop over valuing X Howard. How much did he play this year? Im not sure if he can even continue to play at a high level. Hope he isn't a Julius thomas, got his money and then is always on the sideline with an "injury".

I’d rather just move Howard in a separate deal, I think best case scenario we get a 1st and 2nd, but more than likely a 1 and 3, and I’d do that deal. Raiders have two 1sts, and three 3rds so they can afford to make a deal like that, and of course they desperately need CB. Now to soften the blow of losing Howard I would sign Byron Jones in free agency.
Sure, that works too as long as Detroit takes those picks as part of the proposed package instead of X. Basically a 3 team deal.

Back
Top Bottom