Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft

I mean it was ankle injuries not torn ACL's before the hip injury lol I could give a damn about ankle sprains when evaluating him for the draft.. The hip you definitly need your doctors to check out but if his prognosis is favorable roll the damn dice!
I guess the fact no NFL player has ever been able to come back and have a successful career after suffering the type of injury Tua had obviously doesn’t concern you.
Dennis Pitta is the last player to have a similar type hip surgery. He was eventually cleared to play again but
within two years he was forced to retire permanently from the NFL after suffering two more hip injuries.
So just because the doctors might clear him to play doesn’t mean he will play very long because the human body isn’t made to sustain blows to the hip after the type of surgery Tua had.

I hope he has a full recovery and he is able to lead a productive life but I really don’t think his body will hold up and he will have a very short career in the NFL. If the Dolphins do draft him, they will be lucky if he last more than 2 years in the NFL.

I guess the fact no NFL player has ever been able to come back and have a successful career after suffering the type of injury Tua had obviously doesn’t concern you.
Dennis Pitta is the last player to have a similar type hip surgery. He was eventually cleared to play again but
within two years he was forced to retire permanently from the NFL after suffering two more hip injuries.
So just because the doctors might clear him to play doesn’t mean he will play very long because the human body isn’t made to sustain blows to the hip after the type of surgery Tua had.

I hope he has a full recovery and he is able to lead a productive life but I really don’t think his body will hold up and he will have a very short career in the NFL. If the Dolphins do draft him, they will be lucky if he last more than 2 years in the NFL.
If Miami drafts him, I hope so too. If another team drafts him, I don't give a damn. I hope he falls into IR purgatory.

He was pretty accurate when he beat Tua and 'Bama last year. He's getting a lot of pressure tonight.
I think most of his hype has been from that game against Bama. He really hasn't lived up to that game since. Considering the schedule that he has played, his numbers should be off the chart.

I would trade back out of 5 for a first & second this year, and a first and 3rd next year. There's enough talent coming out that having 3 firsts & 3 2nds this year, and 3 firsts next year would be worth it. I loved about 20 guys on the field last night.

I'm an advocate to draft Tua (if the outlook is favorable), but what you stated is my concern too. The one thing he will have going for him, if drafted by the Fins, is time. He was injured November 2019, if our team drafts him, he will not see the field all year (2020). He won't see any live action until June 2021. We're talking about a year and half of rehab.

I believe Dennis Pitta was rushed back too soon. Pitta's injury happened in 2013, and he returned the following year, in 2014, to play a position he was counted on to block a lot. The Ravens is a run first team and that's what Pitta did a lot of, although he was a good TE. He lasted only 3 or 4 games that season and was placed on IR again.

If Tua's prognosis remains "excellent" for full recovery, than by all means, he should be our guy, and we're in a great position to draft him. He would land in the perfect situation where he would be not counted on to play until 2021. By that time, with all their resources (draft picks and money) they'll have a rock solid o-line too. It's a Perfect Scenario.

LB for the Lats who played at Bama (Hightower I believe) had the same issue and has been able to play. Everyone is just different in how they recover. Still think he is too brittle and small for the NFL.

The loot for Lawerence would be astronomical. We would have to give up much more than 3 first unless it was just trading up a few spots which I don’t see.

Pitta did come back after taking a year off after reinjuring it in 2014 as is recommended we do with Tua. Not only did he come back after the injury, he was on the wrong side of 30 and went on to have his best season of his career. Not to mention a tight end sees more physical contact in like 6 games then a qb in today’s league Elwood see in their entire career.

Stay put or move down no more that 5 spots.

Stay put or move down no more that 5 spots.
With that condition, Carolina is probably the only realistic trade partner, but I would be fine with moving down 2 spots. Probably only getting 2 seconds, or a second and third though.

I have watched Joe Burrow play numerous games this year and he is the one player I would have no problem seeing the Dolphins trade all three of their first round picks to move up and draft. Unfortunately
three first round picks and even another first round pick in 2021 will not be enough to get the Bengals to
move out of the first pick in the draft.

While it appears that the Tua fans are willing to overlook how injury prone he is, the best QB in college football by far is Joe Burrow and I think he will also be the best NFL QB in this coming draft.

I'm an advocate to draft Tua (if the outlook is favorable), but what you stated is my concern too. The one thing he will have going for him, if drafted by the Fins, is time. He was injured November 2019, if our team drafts him, he will not see the field all year (2020). He won't see any live action until June 2021. We're talking about a year and half of rehab.

I believe Dennis Pitta was rushed back too soon. Pitta's injury happened in 2013, and he returned the following year, in 2014, to play a position he was counted on to block a lot. The Ravens is a run first team and that's what Pitta did a lot of, although he was a good TE. He lasted only 3 or 4 games that season and was placed on IR again.

If Tua's prognosis remains "excellent" for full recovery, than by all means, he should be our guy, and we're in a great position to draft him. He would land in the perfect situation where he would be not counted on to play until 2021. By that time, with all their resources (draft picks and money) they'll have a rock solid o-line too. It's a Perfect Scenario.

Pitta hurt his hip in the offseason and returned to play week 14 of the same season. Then hurt it again and then again before having his best year of his career.

His story is different as he hurt it multiple times and his recovery may not of gone as well. Way to many variables.

Back
Top Bottom