Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft

It's all about getting the right players. Miami has the picks to deal up and down, own the draft and be bold.

I would build up our lines, defense, and RB’s this offseason and let Fitz play QB for another 1-2 years and groom Rosen and another young QB. Add Simmons on defense or Thomas or Wirfs with #5 overall, Epenesa at edge or Ruggs with 18, and Creed or Biadasz at center with 26. Second round take Dobbins or Etienne at RB and Becton at OT. That gives us Oline help, playmakers, and defensive help.
Creed is going back to school unfortunately

I still believe 1b or 1c will be traded for additional assets in 2021.

CJ Mosley?
Thank you for pointing out CJ Mosley. I really had no idea that he had a similar type hip injury and made a full recovery and has had several productive years in the NFL. While this does give me hope that Tua can have the same success in his recovery. My main issue with him is the number of injuries he has had in the past two years and how his body will hold up at the next level.

A knee injury, two ankle surgeries and a hip dislocation all within two years. This happened behind one of the best offensive lines in college. I just worry if the Dolphins draft him how he will survive behind a Dolphins OL. While the expectation is the OL will be drastically improved over the next two years. The fact is we have been expecting an improved OL for the past decade and it just has not materialized so far.

I expect the Dolphins will draft Tua at 5 if he is still on the board but I just wish I felt better about his ability to take the hits he is sure to receive in the NFL.

I hope Tua has a nice, long NFL career...somewhere other than Miami.

Regarding Lawrence, I've been sold on him since last year. I would easily trade three first round picks for a chance to get him. he has it mentally to succeed in the NFL (again, he was unfazed facing Alabama as a true freshman last year). Any physical questions can be worked on. His moxie cannot be coached. Plus, he's a guy who won't embarrass the organization by getting into trouble off the field (In all fairness, Tua won't either. ). I think Lawrence translates to the NFL better than Tua. Tua's injuries concern me. I don't care if he's given a clean bill of health.
A one read QB who can’t hit the broad side of barn at this point of his career?? Relies on his Running ability

Thank you for pointing out CJ Mosley. I really had no idea that he had a similar type hip injury and made a full recovery and has had several productive years in the NFL. While this does give me hope that Tua can have the same success in his recovery. My main issue with him is the number of injuries he has had in the past two years and how his body will hold up at the next level.

A knee injury, two ankle surgeries and a hip dislocation all within two years. This happened behind one of the best offensive lines in college. I just worry if the Dolphins draft him how he will survive behind a Dolphins OL. While the expectation is the OL will be drastically improved over the next two years. The fact is we have been expecting an improved OL for the past decade and it just has not materialized so far.

I expect the Dolphins will draft Tua at 5 if he is still on the board but I just wish I felt better about his ability to take the hits he is sure to receive in the NFL.

IIRC, CJ Mosley had a groin injury that kept him on IR

Maybe so, but what could we realistically expect in return for #18 or #26?

Depends on the board. And what position going through a run on the board.

If you can Trade 26 for a #1 next year, you do it. I think this draft will have some solid gems in the late 1st and early 2nd. All it takes is one team who covets someone enough to make the deal.

And no I dont think the trade nets a high one next year, but I do think It could be a upgrade to mid 1st when it's all said and done.

As for the debate on Lawrence and Burrows and Tua...

I have nothing invested as a College football fan in concerns to loyalty or fandom with all 3.

Burrows made some nice throws. His WRs did seem to impose their will on Clemson as the game wore on.

Lawrence is still young. And while last night wasn't his greatest game. You can see the talent. I see him as a high end Josh Allen.

And Tua....if not for the hip, I dont think there is much debate on his skill set and throws. As someone recently on ESPN compared his accuracy and ball seem Drew Brees like. And the games i watched of Alabama the past 2 years, i cant disagree.

Last nights game was quite enjoyable until the 4th quarter. Alot of high end talent on display.

can't argue with that, the injury is a major concern but I would absolutely roll the dice. Also, @Namor and others can speak to this but I thought I heard it was an off-year for the Alabama O-line

Back
Top Bottom