Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft

dolphinkee

Scout Team
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been an advocate for this and I'd give up 3 first for Lawrence

I don't understand. Lawrence can't declare until 2021, and Miami already has 3 picks this year. It seems like whoever wrote it is just cautioning about overspending, should Miami choose to trade up?

I just don't get what that article has to do with Lawrence.

I agree that Miami has more draft capital than any other team, but I'm not so sure that if they want to move up that they shouldn't use some of their resources from this upcoming draft.

Unless they have an opportunity to trade up to get Chase Young for a reasonable figure...they should not move up higher than #5.

Trsde Howard for a 2021 first round pick, to a team who is likely to pick top 10.

And yes, i would trade all 3 to get Lawrence

If you mean 2021 I agree and Miami can do it using this draft and not lose a anything. If they trade back demo 5 to around pick 8-12 and get an extra first in 2021 I am all for it. After the first couple of picks picks 5-12 have a ton of value. If the first 4 are Burrows, Young, Jeudy, Brown that means you have Tua, Okudah, Wirfs, Thomas, Epenesa, Lamb, Simmons for those picks. Any of those players would help Miami, and a move back from 5 to 9-10 and an extra first would be huge. I would also like to see Miami get creative and move back several picks in round 1-3 and get extra picks next year in rounds 2-4. As many picks as you can accumulate to be able to move around next year is crucial. Not only for Lawrence but two stud LB’s in Dylan Moses from Bama and Parsons out of Penn State.

I've been an advocate for this and I'd give up 3 first for Lawrence

You would be a fool that kid is overrated, I don't like his throws,delivery, or his ability to scan defenses.. He is not better then Burrow or Tua in my book

Three firsts won't be enough to get Lawrence next year. Ain't happening

Last edited:
I would build up our lines, defense, and RB’s this offseason and let Fitz play QB for another 1-2 years and groom Rosen and another young QB. Add Simmons on defense or Thomas or Wirfs with #5 overall, Epenesa at edge or Ruggs with 18, and Creed or Biadasz at center with 26. Second round take Dobbins or Etienne at RB and Becton at OT. That gives us Oline help, playmakers, and defensive help.

Three firsts won't be enough to get Lawrence next year. Ain't happening

Unless he gets a new Coordinator he won't be as NFL ready as Burrow or Tua, I'm telling you right now Tua and Burrow have a way better NFL career then Lawerence.

Lawrence is a Sophomore who hasn't lost a game. He started this year slow but took off at the halfway point. Have you watched him or are you basing your opinion off of one half tonight?

god the college football replay system makes the NFL replay system look retarded.. So much more efficient and way less delay

Back
Top Bottom