Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade or not, Dolphins should make sure to have three 1st-round picks in 2020 draft

The loot for Lawerence would be astronomical. We would have to give up much more than 3 first unless it was just trading up a few spots which I don’t see.

Pitta did come back after taking a year off after reinjuring it in 2014 as is recommended we do with Tua. Not only did he come back after the injury, he was on the wrong side of 30 and went on to have his best season of his career. Not to mention a tight end sees more physical contact in like 6 games then a qb in today’s league Elwood see in their entire career.

While he did come back have had success for one year, the fact is he had two more hip injuries after that one year and he was out of the league within two years of returning after hip surgery. If you look at the hits Tua has suffered his ankle injuries with and the hit in which he suffered his dislocated hip, these hits were the type of hits that QB’s take all the time.

While he has been a great QB when healthy, I just have a serious concern that his body will not hold up at the next level. With the type of injury he suffered to his hip, any other player would likely be taken off the draft board of every team in the NFL. Yet he will end up being a first round pick because which ever team drafts him will believe he will be the one player who can overcome this serious injury and go on have a long career in the NFL.

I just don’t believe he will last in the NFL because of his hip injury and I will be extremely surprised if he is still in the NFL in three years.

Well I think it would be nice to have 3 first round picks next year because the overall draft in 21 should blow 2020 away. I’m not sure what’s going to be left at 28 will be that much better than what will be available in the middle of round two so trading back and getting a 1 next year would not bother me a bit.

I would trade back out of 5 for a first & second this year, and a first and 3rd next year. There's enough talent coming out that having 3 firsts & 3 2nds this year, and 3 firsts next year would be worth it. I loved about 20 guys on the field last night.
You need a trade partner and there isn’t a player that pops off the page at #5 is there?

I would trade back out of 5 for a first & second this year, and a first and 3rd next year. There's enough talent coming out that having 3 firsts & 3 2nds this year, and 3 firsts next year would be worth it. I loved about 20 guys on the field last night.
What team would give up 2 firsts a second and a 3rd for #5?

While he did come back have had success for one year, the fact is he had two more hip injuries after that one year and he was out of the league within two years of returning after hip surgery. If you look at the hits Tua has suffered his ankle injuries with and the hit in which he suffered his dislocated hip, these hits were the type of hits that QB’s take all the time.

While he has been a great QB when healthy, I just have a serious concern that his body will not hold up at the next level. With the type of injury he suffered to his hip, any other player would likely be taken off the draft board of every team in the NFL. Yet he will end up being a first round pick because which ever team drafts him will believe he will be the one player who can overcome this serious injury and go on have a long career in the NFL.

I just don’t believe he will last in the NFL because of his hip injury and I will be extremely surprised if he is still in the NFL in three years.

I've said this and gotten nothing back but teeth gnashing against my position...

Ita something to definitely think about...long and hard. Grier hopefully doesn't approach this first pick like a fan.

What team would give up 2 firsts a second and a 3rd for #5?
Over the course of 2 years, a team picking in the teens this season with a pressing need. We have too many pressing needs.

Last edited:
I think we'll likely trade back on at least one of our top 5 selections in rounds 1-2....

I'd love to see us grab another pick in this draft in rounds 1-2 and add another next year as well by moving back.

Over the course of 2 years, a team pushing on the teens this season with a pressing need. We have too many pressing needs.
No i get the generallity of your pipe dream. Im looking for a real possible trade partner. Cause I don't believe any team in any situation gives all that up for #5.
This is the same blah that gets posted, "don't draft a qb this year, build the trenches, then just get Lawerence next year." . Yeah you just grab Lawerence next year...

Someone that plays a lot of Madden and thinks that franchise mode also works in real life?
Speaking of Madden, I've ran a coach mode league (online franchise with 32 coaches) for the PC since Madden 2002. Just finished my regular season with a big win over the Patriots week 17...

Last edited:
I guess the fact no NFL player has ever been able to come back and have a successful career after suffering the type of injury Tua had obviously doesn’t concern you.
Dennis Pitta is the last player to have a similar type hip surgery. He was eventually cleared to play again but
within two years he was forced to retire permanently from the NFL after suffering two more hip injuries.
So just because the doctors might clear him to play doesn’t mean he will play very long because the human body isn’t made to sustain blows to the hip after the type of surgery Tua had.

I hope he has a full recovery and he is able to lead a productive life but I really don’t think his body will hold up and he will have a very short career in the NFL. If the Dolphins do draft him, they will be lucky if he last more than 2 years in the NFL.
CJ Mosley?

Bump this QB crap, If Edwards Helaire declares this season i want him.. That kid runs so tough for a 5'10 210 pound RB he has a little MJD in him.
Posted this same thing in the draft forum. Clean hands, nice wiggle and TOUGH ...also doesn't fumble. I like him a lot.

I hope Tua has a nice, long NFL career...somewhere other than Miami.

Regarding Lawrence, I've been sold on him since last year. I would easily trade three first round picks for a chance to get him. he has it mentally to succeed in the NFL (again, he was unfazed facing Alabama as a true freshman last year). Any physical questions can be worked on. His moxie cannot be coached. Plus, he's a guy who won't embarrass the organization by getting into trouble off the field (In all fairness, Tua won't either. ). I think Lawrence translates to the NFL better than Tua. Tua's injuries concern me. I don't care if he's given a clean bill of health.

Posted this same thing in the draft forum. Clean hands, nice wiggle and TOUGH ...also doesn't fumble. I like him a lot.

I saw this earlier and it drives me crazy. :D Nobody is wearing #13 for the Dolphins next year (or ever again).

Back
Top Bottom