Trade our pick.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade our pick....

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
I believe we should trade our #16 pick. In my opinion, the Colts is probably the most willing to trade up. Why the colts? Because with the Edge gone (WTF were they smoking), they'll need a stud running back. Steelers would of been a very good partner, except there's a whole left in their secondary by the (albeit overrated) Hope. Why miss out on getting a stud DB in the second?
We can trade our 1st for their first and second round picks. How does that sound?

thats wut i would like us to do as well

thats unless williams or huff is still on the bored

or we keep our pick and trade ricky for a 2nd rounder

liek u said the colts are lookin for a stud back, maybe they could use ricky?

maybe we can trade ricky and 2 7ths for tehre first?

or maybe the 49s may need a hb? vikings could use one too

I have been talking up trading down for a while now. It would make the most sense. we could still get guys who will be major upgrades and get an extra pick. I am all for it

Silverphin said:
I believe we should trade our #16 pick. In my opinion, the Colts is probably the most willing to trade up. Why the colts? Because with the Edge gone (WTF were they smoking), they'll need a stud running back. Steelers would of been a very good partner, except there's a whole left in their secondary by the (albeit overrated) Hope. Why miss out on getting a stud DB in the second?
We can trade our 1st for their first and second round picks. How does that sound?
I would like us to trade down as but with this draft being so deep in some positions, it's really difficult for some teams to give away draft picks. The Colts may be hesitant because Laurence Maroney may fall into their laps at 30. If not,then they could "reach" or trade out of the first and pick up Joseph Addai of LSU in the second.(Edge wanted to get paid what he thought he was worth and got tired of The Colts giving the big bucks to the receivers and not him.) The Steelers could just wait for one of the many talented DBs to fall their way so they too would be less inclined to move up.
But you never know what might happen come draft day.

I agree with this now also. Now that we have the QB, it doesn't make sense to keep the pick. Stockpile and get value. That's the way to go now.

Geforce said:
I would like us to trade down as but with this draft being so deep in some positions, it's really difficult for some teams to give away draft picks. The Colts may be hesitant because Laurence Maroney may fall into their laps at 30. If not,then they could "reach" or trade out of the first and pick up Joseph Addai of LSU in the second.(Edge wanted to get paid what he thought he was worth and got tired of The Colts giving the big bucks to the receivers and not him.) The Steelers could just wait for one of the many talented DBs to fall their way so they too would be less inclined to move up.
But you never know what might happen come draft day.

The Colts will probably be able to get their RB at their current pick, so unless something happens that would stick a fork in that, I don't see them being a great trade partner.

The Steelers on the other hand sound more interesting to me. They really won't need a DB as they resigned Townshed and have Tyrone Carter to fill in for Hope, and they need a way to get infront of the Colts to get the RB they want. With Lewis resigning with the Ravens there is even more reason for them to be more agressive in an attempt to replace the BUS.

Unfortunatly I've never viewed the Steelers as a team to trade picks away, they do a hell of a job drafting with them. But in a situation like this where they are on the brink of repeating and there are two guys (White and Maroney) who would be absolutley perfect in their system ahead, I think trading up is definatly an option for them.

IT'S A NO BRAINER TRADING DOWN.

The problem is who is willing to trade up with us and give us equal value in return.

Trading down is kinda tricky and I would love for the Dolphins to do it. However you must look at the facts and they are we will have to find someon to trade with and they have to be willing to give up picks for a certain guy. Besides we might be at 16 and someone Nick really likes might be there and thats who we take. This is a wait and see type of a thing. I would love to trade and get a 2nd tho. However I am pretty happy with our 2nd rd pick Daunte Culpepper! :D

Back
Top Bottom