Trade Out Of First Round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Out Of First Round

as of right now, we are in need of LOTS of players lol. We need a QB, a 3rd RB, WR, LG, C, RG, RT, DE, DT, #2 CB.

I don't believe in ever drafting WR or RB in 1st round. Now if we moved back into the 1st round like to pick 25, we could get an extra 2nd next year.

Lets not forget though, to those of you who say build through the draft, college players don't necessarily pan out all the time. Sometimes signing young, quality FA's is even better.

Actually, by the draft value points chart, trading back from 13 to 25 should net us a first round pick in 2020 IF you can find a partner willing to do it. The other option that would be balanced per the points chart is dropping that far and acquiring both a 2019 and a 2020 2nd round pick. But again, another team would have to covet the player they can pick at 13 for us to be able to do it. It wouldn't shock me. Any team picking in the mid 20's is already a playoff team with decent talent across its roster, and this draft will probably have elite d-line talent still available at 13. The question is, do we want to pass on that elite talent to acquire more picks.

WORST DRAFT TO DO THIS

I’m not moving from my 3 spots, except maybe from 13 to 20 if it nets me a high to mid 3. This draft has quite a few legitimate year 1 contributors on the defensive line in the first three rounds. We are desperate for help. You go pure BPA. This draft is huge for several positions of need.

Imagine we stole that first round CB @ 13? Kids a top 8 any other year

Stop acting as though draft 2020 will fix this team whether it's QB or any other position, I f a QB is there this year you like then pull the trigger and get him.

I used to be a fan of trading back and accumulating picks.

Then I realize over time that if you don't hit on your 1st and 2nd round picks, your team spirals slowly likely a slow flushing toilet.

Don't get me wrong, you need to hit everywhere in the draft. You need good player development that can make those late round picks and UDFA's turn into excellent values.

But if you don't hit on your elite picks, your team misses that opportunity to put a true difference maker on the field. You need players who can elevate your scheme, coaching and players around him.

They don't have to be at premium positions to create uniqueness in your diversity. In fact, a generational or elite caliber talent at any position can change your entire team's chemistry and fortunes.

So, under valuing your own ability to correctly identify and pick elite talent tends to take away from the true potential of your organization to be elite.

Even in a rebuild, you need cornerstones.

Trading out of the 1st to gather picks is same thing as saying Tunsil and Minkah aren't key cogs in our future.

They are and will be. We need just as many cogs as we do role players. The more you hit on your 1sts, the more weaknesses you conceal and strengths create.

We need more elite players that we have drafted.

This draft has more top defensive talent than most, so you stay put and see who falls to you. Only trade back if the BPA guys you really like are gone. Otherwise it's foolish.

This and this

Stop acting as though draft 2020 will fix this team whether it's QB or any other position, I f a QB is there this year you like then pull the trigger and get him.
And who would your QB in 2019 pick be?
And what would you be willing to give for him?

Or their magic lantern is going to guarantee that the quality which IMO is similar enough to the top three this year (enough), will be easier or we won't have to give up the farm a year later than now too.
Better hope their Genie is not on vacation. Though sure next year a hand full would be on rewind and we'd be hearing that it would be the 2021 draft for that super QB...

We desperately need a QB and not necessarily the best in the NFL. This Draft has the potential quality needed to take that risk of developing into a very dependable, accurate, smart, pocket aware, mobile and last but far from least consistent QB ...
The Marinos only come around once in a life time ....If your lucky... and we don't need a super star though Murray could be one, we do need someone who is skilled, smart, has the arm and accuracy to build on not Mr perfect.... Cause there aren't any of them even next years batch...

If the opportunity is there we got to strike while the irons hot.... Not that complicated...and I'd be shocked if the New organization wasn't going to be fully active in this area on Day 1...

We need lots of OL / DL help and this draft is hearty on DL.

We can’t pass that up ... so, if we can trade back fine - but I, like others don’t recommend moving out of RD 1, unless we do it twice .... and net another low 2d THIS year along with at least another 1 / 3 for next year ...

Back
Top Bottom