Trade Ryan Fitzpatrick To The Eagles? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Ryan Fitzpatrick To The Eagles?

And if he doesn't embrace it...

I'd be surprised if he does not, with his background and age...but if he doesn't, you deal with it as these are grown men. And you get a veteran who will next year as we'll need a veteran in the QB room for Rosen or a 2020 draft choice

I still don’t see anything special there, anyway.

You didn’t see anything at all and said it yourself.

What’s with people on here trying to talk like pro scouts after watching highlight clips? Unreal..lol.

Rosen may or may not be our long term guy, but I watched the entire game last night and he looks like a guy who can start for the team this year from game 1. Fitzpatrick is a nice luxury to have behind him, but if we can get picks for him, I’d make the move as well.

Fitzpatrick is going to start all year for the dolphins so no don’t trade him.

Absolutely do not trade that man. I advocated for Fins to pick him up in FA. Now that he is here with Rosen, I think he may be the exact person Rosen needs in that QB room with him. His worth to Rosen as a mentor is tremendous.

I expect Fitz to play until the OL gels a bit......Rosen looked good in a lot of areas, but the pic and the one he heaved up to Williams while being tackled will be highly scrutinized by Flores. This makes the scrimmage and the preseason game where he got lucky on passes that should have never been thrown and they will be viewed as such. Not bashing Rosen as I like the kid, but Fitz is clearly better in the pocket, or lack there of at this stage. Also, the thought might be to take it slower with Rosen with the OL issues we obviously still have and not throw him to the wolves, like the cards did.

It’s one preseason game. Rosen failed to beat out Fitzpatrick during camp, and while I have to wait to see the game, from what I saw of highlights and real time game observations, it doesn’t sound like Rosen did anything to distinguish himself as the clear starter. Rosen is heavily damaged from his first year. Another horrible season and he is done, IMO.

I still don’t see anything special there, anyway. Compare Rosen’s 1st outing in his second season to Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray. Again, it’s only one preseason game, so I don’t put a whole lot of stock in any of it, but even in those brief flashes, It is clear Rosen is playing uphill. Murray could be truly special.
We must have been watching 2 different games :shrug:

Though it sounds like the most rediculous thought right now, It makes sense ifbthe Eagles were to send back something worth while...An O-linemen that is either silid or with potential, a 5th or better draft pick.

If Fitz were the future, or Miami realistically were a just little good luck away from reaching the SB, then there is no way you deal Fitz, but Miami is re-stocking with youth, they are at best if all goes well, a just barely playoff team, and with reports in camp we have heard, and the game last night, Rosen is starting to outshine Fitz...Get something for him if you can now, if the coaching staff feels comfortable with it.

Go for it...
Fitz has had 1 winning season in 15 years... He is a good backup but not a whole season starter...

I would say wait till Wentz goes down tho. then we can get more for him while using Fitz for a few wins before the cliff hits him...

I'd much rather keep Fitz as a backup if (when) Rosen emerges as the main guy. Fitz excels in that backup role.

They need a backup. Why not?
One we don't really have a starter and why trade draft capital for Fitzpatrick at this point they have Cody Kessler on roster who will do just fine Sudfield comes back in six weeks.

Back
Top Bottom