TRADE SCENARIOS. Make your own! Mock others! Let's have some fun. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE SCENARIOS. Make your own! Mock others! Let's have some fun.

HawaiiPhin31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I thought nothing could ever top last years draft! I mean, having 3 1st round picks!? But this year, because of our position at #3...I think we're in for some crazy trades!! So lets have some fun with it. Lets brainstorm possible trade scenarios here and mock draft with them together!

Rules:

1 - We each come up with our own ideas for a draft trade (or trades.)
2 - Think carefully and explain the value of the trade, the motivation / desires of the teams involved.
3 - Mock draft who we'd take as if the trade(s) were real.
4 - If you choose to include players (e.g. Xavien Howard, Tua, etc.) then please...can we not let them hijack this thread!? Everyone remember this is "what if"...don't get into a debate on them in this thread.
5 - To those who might not have any trade ideas of their own, please join in with the mocks. It will be interesting to see what people would do in each scenario that gets proposed.

I used this draft value chart to help.

Ok now lets get started...I'll set the bar for what is pretty wild...but still within the realm of possibility. I'm going to simulate 2 trades. I think both trades are plausible in their own right...but what if we did BOTH of them!? This is what I'm talking about...the possibilities are endless!!! Have fun with it! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Trade #1: Carolina trades up for our #3.

MIAMI receives - #8, #39 and #73. (value - 2135 pts)
CAROLINA receives #3 (value - 2200 pts)

Scenario: There are 2 QB's off the board when it comes time for our pick (either NY takes one or they trade the pick to Houston for Watson and Houston takes one.) Carolina wants that 3rd best QB prospect so bad, and they fear that ATL or DET will snag him first...so they trade up with us. Its an offer we cannot refuse.

Trade #2: We trade back up with Detroit for #7.

Miami receives - #7 (value = 1440 pts)
Detroit receives #18, #36, and #113 (value = 1508 pts)

Scenario: After Carolina selects the 3rd best QB, the picks go...
#4 BPA on DEF for ATL,
#5 Penei Sewell to Cincy
#6 Jamar Chase or BPA on DEF to Philly.
Detroit is now on the clock. As we know, they're in rebuild mode so Dan Campbell needs picks. They're contemplating taking the Heisman trophy winner in Devonta Smith here, because they need a WR, but they know we're salivating at the opportunity to reunite him with Tua. Now, we could try to use our #8 to trade up 1 slot....but Detroit WANTS PICKS so they deny us that kind of trade. We feel comfortable in selecting our RB in the 2nd round, so the hell with it --- who wouldn't want to have pick #7 and #8 back to back!? We package some picks for a trade up to ensure we snag our boy Smith.

After both trades are finished Miami has the following picks:
#7, #8, #39, #50, #73, #81, #181, #194, #221

Now...here is what I would do...

#7 - Devonta Smith
#8 - Jaylen Waddle
#39 - Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood
#50 - Jevonte Williams

Rest of the picks...TBD. I haven't studied beyond the 1st-2nd round prospects yet.

Now talk about TOTALLY REVAMPING OUR OFFENSE, RIGHT!? We would be committing to Tua and getting him a potential elite #1 and elite slot WR's that he already knows damn well. Grier would look like a GENIUS - totally exploiting these other teams needs and getting Tua's boys back to back (at the appropriate value - not reaching at #3) and still snagging them before everyone else. He'd also be taking care of our OL need and getting us a BEAST of a running back.

Now its your turn!!!
What would you do with my draft picks!?
What would your trade scenario be like!?
Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Heh! Oh stop... I'm working on a trade just convoluted enough to be fun... give me a minute.
Ok sorry. I just put a lot of time into that post...but if you don't mind can you post in the other thread? I forgot that this time of year everyone posts their draft related threads in the main forum. Mods, can you please delete this thread?

Moving this thread to Miami Dolphins Forum since I got a troll comment and this forum is dead right now.
Ah chill kid.

Your trade scenario scenario would be nice.

I'm going w trading down w the 9ers, though. We get their second this year and their 1st and 2nd next year.

Trade #81, Wilson and Grant for Texans 5th rd pick and Brandin Cooks.

Draft Waddle at #12.

Trade down from #18 to #24-#25 get another second next year and pick Harris.

Ok sorry. I just put a lot of time into that post...but if you don't mind can you post in the other thread? I forgot that this time of year everyone posts their draft related threads in the main forum. Mods, can you please delete this thread?
You're taking yourself a bit too seriously...

If someone wants to poke fun at your "magnum opus", then you should have thick enough skin to roll with it...ESPECIALLY since it wasn't particularly mean-spirited.

I'm going trade Tua Tagovailoa, X. Howard, our #18, our #36 and our #54 for Deshaun Watson and Brandin Cooks.

Then I'm going to trade our #3 to Carolina for their #9 and #40 and their 2nd round pick in the 2022 Draft.

Drafting
#9 Micah Parsons ILB
#40 Terrance Marshall WR
3R Trey Hill C
4R JaCoby Stevens, S

There... Take THAT Madden!

Using PFF draft sim as a basis:

1. I would trade #3 & #197 to the Eagles for their #6, #38, & #147. At #6 I select Waddle, Smith, or Chase (in that order). Waiting until #8...all the top flight WRs might be gone by then.
  2. The Steelers gave me a call. I told them their #24 and #56 for our #18 and #119. They accepted. I'm hoping they select Najee Harris and not my RB1, Etienne.
  3. At #24, I select Etienne.
The 1st round upgraded the offense and I still have 5 more picks in the top 100 (35, 38, 50, 56, & 81).

Back
Top Bottom