TRADE SCENARIOS! Make your own. Mock with others! Let's have some fun. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE SCENARIOS! Make your own. Mock with others! Let's have some fun.

If on draft night Goodell announces the Dolphins trade the #3 pick for #12 I will be buying a new TV because I will have thrown the remote, lamp, laptop, and maybe the damn recliner thru that TV.
Wait until 12 just in case the guy you wanted us to select earlier is still there!

Trade with Detroit nets add pick 2nd 39 and a pick 4th 104 back to position 7
Trade with Pittsburg nets add a 3rd pick 86 back to position 24
7 th D Smith WR
24th Christian Barmain DT
34th Landon Dickerson C
39th Najee Harris RB
50th Dylon Mosses ILB
84th Chazz Surratr OLB
86th Chubb Hubbard RB
104 Seth Williams WR
118 Jamison Sherwood S

This draft beefs up the run offense and run defense and doubles down on both the WR and RB positions for insurance.

Round 1 - Trade 3 to Philly for 6, 70, and 1st round pick 2022. Pick 6 Devonte Smith, WR, Alabama
Round 1 - Pick 18 - Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
Round 2 - Pick 34 - Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio St
Round 2 - Pick 50 - Javonte Williams, RB, NC State
Round 3 - Pick 70 - Philly trade pick now Traded to LA Rams - for picks 88, 101 and 2022 3rd round
Round 3 - Pick 81 - Baron Browning, LB, Ohio St
Round 3 - Pick 88 - Abraham Lucas, T, Washington St
Round 3 - Pick 101 - Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
Round 4 - Pick 119 - Jordan Smith, DE, UAB
Round 6 - Pick 197 - Alaric Jackson, T, Iowa

Helps in the WR, RB and O line, plus gives us another rushing LB in Browning.

I thought nothing could ever top last years draft! I mean, having 3 1st round picks!? But this year, because of our position at #3...I think we're in for the best draft experience ever. The possibilities are endless. Lets brainstorm possible trade scenarios here and mock draft with what people come up with!

Guidelines:

- We each come up with our own ideas for a draft trade (or trades.)
- Think carefully and explain the value of the trade, the motivation / desires of the teams involved.
- Mock draft who we'd take as if the trade(s) were real.
- To those who might not have any trade ideas of their own, please join in and mock with other peoples ideas. It will be interesting to see what people would do in each scenario that gets proposed.
- Please, if players are included (e.g. Xavien Howard, Tua, etc.) ...can we not let them hijack this thread!? Everyone remember this is "what if." Let's not debate them in this thread. Honor whatever scenarios people present.

I used this:
2021 NFL Trade Value Chart

Ok now lets get started. I'm simulating 2 trades in the 1st round that I think are possible.

Trade #1: Carolina trades up for our #3.
Scenario:
There are 2 QB's off the board when it comes time for our pick (either NY takes one, or they trade the pick to Houston for Watson and Houston takes one.) So there we in our dream scenario...WE control the draft! Carolina wants that 3rd best QB prospect...and they're willing to pay. They fear that ATL or DET will snag him first, so they trade up with us and its an offer we cannot refuse. Fair value.

MIAMI receives - #8, #39 and #73. (value - 2135 pts)
CAROLINA receives #3 (value - 2200 pts)

But we're not done yet...

Trade #2: We trade back up with Detroit for #7.
Scenario:
After Carolina selects the 3rd best QB, the picks go...
#4 - BPA (DEF) for ATL,
#5 - Penei Sewell to Cincy
#6 - Jamar Chase, or BPA (DEF) to Philly.
Detroit is now on the clock. As we know, they're in rebuild mode so Dan Campbell needs picks. They're contemplating taking the Heisman trophy winner in Devonta Smith here, because they need a WR, but they know we're salivating at the opportunity to reunite him with Tua. Now, we could try to use our #8 to trade up 1 slot....but Detroit WANTS PICKS so they deny us that kind of trade. We feel comfortable in selecting our RB in the 2nd round, so why not package some picks of our own for a trade up to ensure we get our boy, Smith?

Miami receives - #7 (value = 1440 pts)
Detroit receives #18, #36, and #113 (value = 1508 pts)

After both trades are finished Miami has the following picks:
#7, #8, #39, #50, #73, #81, #181, #194, #221

Now...here is what I would do...

#7 - Devonta Smith
#8 - Jaylen Waddle
#39 - Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood
#50 - Jevonte Williams

Rest of the picks...TBD. I haven't studied beyond the 1st-2nd round prospects yet. But talk about TOTALLY REVAMPING OUR OFFENSE, right!? We would be committing to Tua and getting him his potential elite #1 WR and slot WR. Grier would look like a GENIUS - totally exploiting these other teams needs and getting Tua his boys back to back (at the appropriate value - not reaching at #3) and still snagging them before everyone else. He'd also be taking care of our OL need and getting us a BEAST of a running back.

Now, what would you do with my draft picks!?
What would your trade scenario be like!?

I'm sorry but waddle at #8?!?! That's way too high for him. We might as well just sit at #18 for him.

Five-team scenario:

Chicago: Tua Tagovailoa (from Miami)
Detroit: Picks #3 and #50 (from Miami)
Houston: Pick #7 (from Detroit), pick #20 (from Chicago), Xavien Howard (from Miami)
Indianapolis: Matthew Stafford (from Detroit)
Miami: Picks #21 and #54 (from Indianapolis), DeShaun Watson (from Houston), conditional 4th-round pick in 2022 (from Chicago)

I also have chargers 2nd next year.
No 3 ,5,6,7 in 2022 .
Lots of trades to get more picks. Than turned that around to get Pitts and Harris 🤩

Please, hear me out for a sec...
Atlanta wants a QB. Atlanta knows Detroit and Carolina want QBs. So, Atlanta will assume both of those teams want to jump in front of them. Why wouldn't Atlanta want to beat them to it and hop up 1 spot to secure their QB? Now, we have a Detroit vs Carolina trade war for #4. This might end up being the draft of all drafts for Miami if it all falls into place.

Please, hear me out for a sec...
Atlanta wants a QB. Atlanta knows Detroit and Carolina want QBs. So, Atlanta will assume both of those teams want to jump in front of them. Why wouldn't Atlanta want to beat them to it and hop up 1 spot to secure their QB? Now, we have a Detroit vs Carolina trade war for #4. This might end up being the draft of all drafts for Miami if it all falls into place.

I mentioned the same thing. If Atl shows signs of falling in love with Matt Ryans replacement, we threaten them that we will let Carolina trade ahead of them. I really think though that Carolina is going to try to make a big splash at QB if they can somehow unload bridgewater in the trade. Would also not be surprised to see Carolina possibly get Pitts. Carolinas best seasons they always had a stud TE, walls, olson,

Five-team scenario:

Chicago: Tua Tagovailoa (from Miami)
Detroit: Picks #3 and #50 (from Miami)
Houston: Pick #7 (from Detroit), pick #20 (from Chicago), Xavien Howard (from Miami)
Indianapolis: Matthew Stafford (from Detroit)
Miami: Picks #21 and #54 (from Indianapolis), DeShaun Watson (from Houston), conditional 4th-round pick in 2022 (from Chicago)
Duuuuuddddee this is some mystical magic sh**. Everyone gets what they want, draft picks,QB's moving around getting fresh starts, people not overpaying... Genuinely everyone wins. Now this a Watson trade that I could get on board with....

Mock draft simulators can be so much fun especially if your object is to get as many picks as possible. Last year I kept trading down and ended up with 21 draft picks. Most were in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

The one trade option I think is possible is this:

Detroit receives: 3rd overall pick in 2021

Miami receives: 7th overall pick 2021
41st overall pick 2021
1st round pick 2022

it would work out for Miami having multiple 1sts in 3 straight drafts. Honestly that Detroit pick in 2022 could very well be a top 5 pick because Detroit will be starting over with a new QB

this is the one trade scenario I would love to happen

Back
Top Bottom