Trade Scenarios / Prime Trade Spots, Etc. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Scenarios / Prime Trade Spots, Etc.

Signing Fitzpatrick screams drafting a qb this year.

I don't think so....

We HAD to move on from Tannehill
We NEED a veteran to school another IF one is available
We could have just gone with a guy on the practice squad
This game is made up of professionals (they get paid to perform and they get paid MORE when they are WINNERS) …. to win you need (at least) the best option available at QB... I think Fitzpatrick was about the last viable option to win with at the position

IMO of course

So if we don’t have an opportunity to get murray because he’s going 1 or 4, you don’t want Haskins or Lock, and you think Tua and Fromm are going back for their senior years what do you want us to do?
Those are strong possibilities...hope for the best.

Who do you think they would be fooling? The players can look around the locker room and come to the conclusion that this team is currently not that talented. If you listen to Gier’s presser awhile back, on the new direction the team is heading in, he said there would be pain associated with this rebuild. He said rebuild but it appears to me to be a tank for a Qb next year when the pickens will be more robust. They are not taking a quarterback in the 1st round this year and they definitely aren’t trading up to take one of these 3 QBs.
There are still a few guys speaking sense - while this draft heats up and everyone gets excited thank goodness the FO appears cool and collected

So if we don’t have an opportunity to get murray because he’s going 1 or 4, you don’t want Haskins or Lock, and you think Tua and Fromm are going back for their senior years what do you want us to do?
I'd rather roll the dice on them in 2020 than draft a lesser qb now

All they will do if they stay in school is get knocked down in the draft order, being in the same class as Lawrence.

There's also more qb's to choose from than just them.

Things I think I think, right now.

1. AZ takes Murray #1 OA. (No trade up opportunities to #1 for Oakland)
2. 3 QB's will go in the top 11 picks.
3. Murray, Lock and Haskins are the top 3 QB's taken.
4. Someone will trade up somewhere between 2 & 4 for a QB (Washington or Denver).
5. There will be a surprise pick in the top 10.
6. There will be a surprise fall in the top 13.

Remaining (non-QB) tier 1: Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat (likely all gone by 13).

12picks-3QB-5BlueChippers=

Remaining tier 2: Devin White, Rashan Gary, Jawaan Taylor, Andre Dillard, TJ Hockenson, Brian Burns, DK Metcalf, Christian Wilkinson

Last edited:
IMO, this year is no different for QBs than the next two years. I would argue that Murray makes this year slightly better because he put Oklahoma on his shoulders and willed them to win.

That said, any QB we select will be "developed", much in the same manner as Mahomes. The last thing I want to see is us using a pick to select a QB like Easton Stick to "develop" when for all intents and purposes, we will be selecting a franchise QB the following year.

I'm still on the fence with Murray. I'm trying to be open minded. Are we still in the dawn of a new QB "type" (Brees, Wilson, etc)? Or are we simply to close to the current to see the old adages about QBs will continue to prove out over the next 5 years?

Brady is still winning. Peyton Manning was always dominant. The 6'2" + QB is still dominating the landscape.

How do you place a 5'9" QB behind a line that has 6'4" + OL in front of him and not lessen his odds of success without increasing his chances to fail?

Can Murray's body stand up to punishment over time? If he loses his legs, what do we have left?

It is one thing for a 5'9" RB to get hit running the ball. It is completely another with your 5'9" QB gets hit running the ball... or sacked blind sided in the pocket.

I agree on your Easton Stick comment. I don't want to "develop" any player that has a low ceiling just for the sake of developing.

I honestly don't worry too much about the reality of Murray too much. I think AZ is obviously taking Murray. The Rosen rumors and coaching decision seem to point to only one inevitability; Murray goes to AZ #1.

Quite frankly, I want Trevor Lawrence.

But as stated previously, it is hard to look at 1 or 2 years down the NFL road as an exec and not be mindful that winning is job security. So, I think you have to eliminate the thoughts of "tanking" or "rebuilding" and simply approach it as "draft a QB each year" until you find what you need. Instead of zeroing in on one year or one QB.

Keep going to the well to find your QB and then keep going back to find his successor. You can't pin your hopes on just one guy.

Always have one in the chamber.

Lock is a prototypical bust in my eyes.

Missouri players always tend to be Buy Low and Sell High players. Their players and program behave the same way. They do well and dominate against inferior teams. They disappear and get overwhelmed by superior teams.

Occasionally, Missouri will have an unusually good game against a good team (UGA, etc). That usually is the high point of their season. Then they fade down the stretch wants the attention and heat is on.

I would take Haskins 100 times over before Lock. Lock might present well, but I think he is at best a backup. Never a starter. He simply doesn't have it.

Back
Top Bottom