Trade Surtain for a 4th rounder? NO WAY!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Surtain for a 4th rounder? NO WAY!!!

I know that it is early in the bargaining process, but screw vermeil and the K.C. Chiefs. Restructure and keep pat. He is worth more to us than a 4th round insult.

KC got a comp pick so why don't they just offer us their 2nd rounder. They will get an all-pro corner and still have two 1st day picks.

no way to trade !!!

What a fricken joke a pro bowl corner for a 4th round why dont we just trade tayler for 7th and zack for 6th and why dont we just have the word "stupid" written on Saben's forehead. Talk about cheap i havent seen somebody that cheap since my grandmother (God rest her soul) when she bought me socks for Christmas I really hope Vermiel is going to call back and say he is only kidding and they will give us a second or their 1st next year. oh and by the way I havent been here in a while but I would really like to draft
1st Ronnie Brown (RB)
3rd Jerome Mathis (WR)
4th Kyle orton (QB)
5th Lofa Tatupa (ILB)
6th Vincent Fuller (Safety)

let me know what you all thing and maybe we can converse about my picks?
thanks all

larfo2224 said:
I know that it is early in the bargaining process, but screw vermeil and the K.C. Chiefs. Restructure and keep pat. He is worth more to us than a 4th round insult.

:yeahthat:

its like poker, they dont want to give up a 2nd rounder just a 3 rounder so they offer a 4th rounder thinking the fins will bite

Csonka39 said:
its like poker, they dont want to give up a 2nd rounder just a 3 rounder so they offer a 4th rounder thinking the fins will bite

betcha Wanny/Spielman would have given in by now.

Sad thing is, there area some Chief fans that think we would trade Pat for a 4th and a 6th.

SQuinn17 said:
lets not forget that Terrel Owens got traded for a 6th round pick.

also that tradegot messed up very fastand very badly, the eagles just became the right team to get TO for really cheap

That offer was a joke. They were trying or atleast attempting to swindel us. We would get a second day pick and they would get a pro bowl cornerback. Please:rolleyes:

This is just an opening offer. Do you think either team expects to get the trade done until right before the draft?

SQuinn17 said:
lets not forget that Terrel Owens got traded for a 6th round pick.

Owens was traded for a 2nd

Boston was traded for a 6th

While this offer of a 4th is a joke, I do think we will inevitably have to trade Pat for what we can get. I can seriously see this turning into a Ogun esque holdout if we get to mini camps and later on into training camp. I think a 4th is ludicrous but in 2 or 3 months from now we might have to take it or listen to the verbal sparring between Saban and Pat.

Id like to think we got a better offer at some point, I find it hard to believe that no other team was interested and offered more. We crapped out when every other team filled their needs now we are stuck with KC as the only trading option. Id be shocked if we get more than a 3rd for Pat now. Shame, his value to a team is clearly higher, we are getting the shaft. Maybe we should have redone his deal a year or so ago, seems like a losing proposition to trade a bigtime Cb for a rookie project with maybe a 50/50 chance of even starting let alone being a probowler. This whole deal is turing into a disaster. We need to learn from this mistake and take care of our best players so things like this dont happen.
Pat needs to have some more realistic expectations on a contract, seems like when he discussed terms for a contract most teams lost interest pretty quick. He needs to understand the market and that he's not getting the outrageous mega deal he wants, the market got smaller and he is on the outside scrambling for a team, he doesnt have the options he thinks he does.

dolphindude13 said:
While this offer of a 4th is a joke, I do think we will inevitably have to trade Pat for what we can get. I can seriously see this turning into a Ogun esque holdout if we get to mini camps and later on into training camp. I think a 4th is ludicrous but in 2 or 3 months from now we might have to take it or listen to the verbal sparring between Saban and Pat.

A fourth round pick surely is rediculous.

It's different than the Ogun hold out. Pat is under contract, and he also makes over 5 mil this year. No way should they just give in to that low ball offer. If this team is to build for the future, a bunch of fourth rounders aint gonna cut it. I'd rather try and keep him as long as possible. Maybe he will lower his contract demands, and stay, and maybe another team gets into the mix down the road because their starting corner gets injured, or sucks in camp.

Back
Top Bottom