Trade the 1st pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade the 1st pick

ih8brady said:
I wouldn't want him, although he probably will be taken not until late 1st.
WTH! Where do some of you people pull these statements? Oh, i know, from your own personal bias.

Vince Young is more advanced at this stage in his career than Vick was when he was drafted. Vince Young won't last outside the top 5. If he beats Leinart tonight and declares, he'll be picked ahead of Leinart, book it.

acmeanvil49 said:
Anybody think Vince Young will last until #16?

No way but I hope so

Mark my words when its all said and done Vince Young will be the best player in this draft and one of the best QB's in the recent NFL

Alex22 said:
No way but I hope so

Mark my words when its all said and done Vince Young will be the best player in this draft and one of the best QB's in the recent NFL
Ok, lets not go homer crazy on this now.

Schleprock said:
Ok, lets not go homer crazy on this now.

I live in Miami and am a UM fan how am I a homer :confused:

Up untill I saw VY play I didnt even care about Texas.....but he is amazing and I love to watch him play

Alex22 said:
I live in Miami and am a UM fan how am I a homer :confused:

Up untill I saw VY play I didnt even care about Texas.....but he is amazing and I love to watch him play
exactly, big fan opinions = homeristic point of view that cannot be considered fair and balanced.

Schleprock said:
exactly, big fan opinions = homeristic point of view that cannot be considered fair and balanced.

But Im a fan because of his play not anything else, so when I talk about his play thats from me not being a homer

I was always a believer in stockkign up in 2nd and 3rd RD picks. Unless of course there is someone you can not pass up on at your pick in the 1st RD.

acmeanvil49 said:
Really?

I think he's further along that Vick was coming into the NFL.

Size, speed, strength nice arm, what's not to like.

Let him sit behind a vet for a year and learn, he'll be ready.
one thing not to like is his awful decision-making and inability to throw under pressure. plus he's a big baby

vick is a lot better, and he sucks

Vince Young will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

Schleprock said:
If he beats Leinart tonight and declares, he'll be picked ahead of Leinart, book it.
clear.gif

kastofsna120 said:
one thing not to like is his awful decision-making and inability to throw under pressure. plus he's a big baby

vick is a lot better, and he sucks

Vick doesnt suck he just needs to stop buying into all the hype and actually work on his game, he has all the talent in the world and believe it or not he has the arm

Big Baby? :lol: He is the toughest competitor on the field come game time and he is a leader, and what awful decisons? The ones that led his team to be 12-0?

Just my thoughts! But Cutler will be a better pro down the line then both ML and Young!

Just because someone proposes we trade down doesn't mean he's saying we should do it right now. These things never usually happen until you're actually on the clock (unless your name is Terry Bradway or Daniel Snyder).

Overall if Hawk, Ryans, and Greenway are off the board by #16, I don't see all that many compelling reasons to stay at #16. If Jimmy Williams or Mario Williams is still on the board...then obviously that changes things. If the staff becomes true believers in Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil, or Winston Justice...maybe that keeps them at 16 but otherwise I see no compelling reasons to stay. I mean, why stay at 16 if Ryans, Greenway, and Hawk are gone (and lets suppose Cutler is gone too)?

At OT you'd have a shot at Winston Justice, Eric Winston, or Marcus McNeil...whichever of the three grades highest probably will be gone already. That probably means McNeil. At QB there's nobody left. We probably decide now isn't a great time to invest a 1st in a WR, TE, RB, MLB, or DE/OLB. The compelling leftovers are Michael Huff and Laron Landry, maybe Claude Wroten or Rod Wright, the OTs, and that's it. None of those guys pop out to me as guys we need to get at 16. Huff should go at 16, but if Huff grades at 16 and Landry grades lower, why not trade lower and shoot for Landry? He could start and be the secondary's signal caller immediately as a rookie. Most teams pay their rookies for a year to sit the bench and not do a whole lot (ehem, Roth). We'd be paying Landry to play the same way he did at LSU under Nick. As for Wroten and Wright, are they that much better than Bunkley or is it that unlikely that we'd miss out on them if we traded lower? Heck do we even really want them, since Kyle Williams is really the guy at LSU that plays the NT position where we need depth?

IMO, its going to break down this way. I don't think Houck is going to make the decision that he wants a first round OT. Maybe 2nd or 3rd, but not 1st. Mario and Jimmy Williams are fantastic talents that SHOULD NOT fall, but if they do, they're immediately on our board. AJ Hawk will be gone. The chances of him falling to us at 16 are about as great as Leinart falling to us at 16. Demeco Ryans and Chad Greenway are linebacker talents that stack up with any linebacker taken in the draft over the last 10 years (excluding only Arrington), so they would be worth it. Jay Cutler's a wild card just because I don't know what those coaches really think of drafting a QB at #16. So, in the end I see us taking Mario Williams, Jimmy Williams, Demeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, Jay Cutler, trading down, Laron Landry, or Michael Huff...in that order.

ckparrothead said:
Just because someone proposes we trade down doesn't mean he's saying we should do it right now. These things never usually happen until you're actually on the clock (unless your name is Terry Bradway or Daniel Snyder).

Overall if Hawk, Ryans, and Greenway are off the board by #16, I don't see all that many compelling reasons to stay at #16. If Jimmy Williams or Mario Williams is still on the board...then obviously that changes things. If the staff becomes true believers in Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil, or Winston Justice...maybe that keeps them at 16 but otherwise I see no compelling reasons to stay. I mean, why stay at 16 if Ryans, Greenway, and Hawk are gone (and lets suppose Cutler is gone too)?

At OT you'd have a shot at Winston Justice, Eric Winston, or Marcus McNeil...whichever of the three grades highest probably will be gone already. That probably means McNeil. At QB there's nobody left. We probably decide now isn't a great time to invest a 1st in a WR, TE, RB, MLB, or DE/OLB. The compelling leftovers are Michael Huff and Laron Landry, maybe Claude Wroten or Rod Wright, the OTs, and that's it. None of those guys pop out to me as guys we need to get at 16. Huff should go at 16, but if Huff grades at 16 and Landry grades lower, why not trade lower and shoot for Landry? He could start and be the secondary's signal caller immediately as a rookie. Most teams pay their rookies for a year to sit the bench and not do a whole lot (ehem, Roth). We'd be paying Landry to play the same way he did at LSU under Nick. As for Wroten and Wright, are they that much better than Bunkley or is it that unlikely that we'd miss out on them if we traded lower? Heck do we even really want them, since Kyle Williams is really the guy at LSU that plays the NT position where we need depth?

IMO, its going to break down this way. I don't think Houck is going to make the decision that he wants a first round OT. Maybe 2nd or 3rd, but not 1st. Mario and Jimmy Williams are fantastic talents that SHOULD NOT fall, but if they do, they're immediately on our board. AJ Hawk will be gone. The chances of him falling to us at 16 are about as great as Leinart falling to us at 16. Demeco Ryans and Chad Greenway are linebacker talents that stack up with any linebacker taken in the draft over the last 10 years (excluding only Arrington), so they would be worth it. Jay Cutler's a wild card just because I don't know what those coaches really think of drafting a QB at #16. So, in the end I see us taking Mario Williams, Jimmy Williams, Demeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, Jay Cutler, trading down, Laron Landry, or Michael Huff...in that order.
Man, I don't know how you get the time for your posts but I really enjoy them.I agree with most of it too.I like Greenway better than Ryan cos he's bigger and that should be better in Nick's defence.Other than Ngata, I'd not go DT in round one...there's a few good ones that should be there in round 2 if Nick wants one.I actually like Bing better than Landry cos he's a bigger hitter/player but will not mind Landry for the reasons you listed.Mario Williams should be gone top 10.....Jimmy Williams scares me a little bit cos I'm not sure if he'll be a corner or a safety and that's a bit of a project for a 1st rounder imo.

In the end, Greenway's the pick if he's there unless they want Cutler and he's still on the board.Other than that,a LT is very posible tho I'd think that can wait till the 2nd round.

Very hard to predict what we'll do but trading down is an option.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom