Trade up Ammo - QB needy teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up Ammo - QB needy teams

Yeah, but everybody knows our need and what we've got, so we're going to get the chance at a last offer anyway. It's not like Washington or Detroit will just accept an offer and that's it, we lose.

Yeah I’m sure we will get a last chance no doubt. Doesn’t mean we won’t have to come up though.

id bypass all that and make em a legit offer. An offer where anyone starting at 2 can have it as long as my qb is still on the board.

someone would bite as long as you didn’t low ball. They know you coming up for a coveted qb. You gonna pay a real price

if it cost me a throw in day 2 sweetener or something to close the deal done.

i got squat without a qb.

How many more ways can people ask the same question?

No trading up. The talent level in Davie is piss poor and the cupboards are bare. You do not do a franchise reset and throw your building assets around like candy. That's part of the problem in Davie....for decades.
When did we trade up besides for Jordan?

Appreciate the considerable effort Eesti but I am 100% FIRMLY in the don't trade up camp!

Whatever anyone says (agents included) we're talking about damaged goods and a certified injury prone player.

Beyond that, he's small for the position and there are other notable "considerations" on the table regarding his projected NFL career.

I'm actually OK with passing him by and taking a stud @5 rather than wager on such a high-risk proposition. And in reading around the web, I see
others (fans of other teams) who have serious concerns as well... If he's there at 5 and Flores & Grier are 100% sold and believe he's "stable" physically
I'm OK with the pick. Otherwise -- I wish we'd just move on from this never ending subject!

But again -- impressive work.

BNF

Last edited:
Yup, but any team is going to rather have an extra first rounder this year rather than next year. It's less valuable which is why we're still in the driver's seat.
That's not, necessarily, true. It depends on the specific teams involved.

Carolina next year is far more valuable than Ravens this year, for example.

Yeah I’m sure we will get a last chance no doubt. Doesn’t mean we won’t have to come up though.

id bypass all that and make em a legit offer. An offer where anyone starting at 2 can have it as long as my qb is still on the board.

someone would bite as long as you didn’t low ball. They know you coming up for a coveted qb. You gonna pay a real price

if it cost me a throw in day 2 sweetener or something to close the deal done.

i got squat without a qb.
I agree but hope 5 & 26 is all we give up this year. I don’t mind including a 2021 2nd if needed. QB or bust.

Good post Bro!! I know that was time consuming. Good comprehensive list of previous trade up values. Im a huge advocate for staying pat at #5. Want no part of moving up. There is a considerable amount of elite talent that is available if Tua isnt there for us. Genuinely I would like to get him but not if we have cut our own balls off metaphorically.

Looking at what teams have to offer for a trade up to the #2 selection and what we would have to offer to outbid them....

In 2017 the Bears traded 3, 67 and 111 picks & a 2018 third-round pick to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick BUT that was only to move up one spot.

In 2016 the Eagles moved up to 2 for Wentz and gave up 8, 77, 100 + 2017 1st round pick and 2018 2nd round pick. I think this is what a trade is going to have to look like for teams like the Chargers & Panthers plus a bit more for teams that pick lower like the Colts, Bucs and also the Raiders but I don't think they will be in the market even thought they have the most ammo after Miami with picks 12 & 19. Unfortunately the Redskins would have t drop all the way to 12 this year.

Going down the list....

The Chargers have 1-6, 2-37, 3-71, 4-102, 5-133, 6-167, 7-198. They would have to give up 1-6, 2-37, 3-71 & the 2021 1st rounder. This represents 2,365 points from the 2020 selections with unknown value for 2021.

The Panthers have 1-7, 2-38, 3-69, 4-103, 5-134, 6-165 & 7-199. They would have to give up 1-7, 2-38, 3-69 & the 2021 1st rounder. This represents 2,265 points from the 2020 selections with unknown value for 2021.

I think these two are the most likely to move up because I don't think the Redskin would want to drop lower than pick 7. Therefor, to beat these two teams, the Dolphins would have to give up either...

1-5, 2-39, 3-70 & a 2021 1st rounder. This represents 2,450 points from the 2020 selections with unknown value for 2021. I don't like this because that represents 3 players that we are giving up in the prime rounds.

1-5 & 1-18. This represents known value for both the first round selections at 2,600 points which is exactly what the 2nd pick represents. We only have to give up 1 player and it outbids both of the other teams from the value chart points. The Redskins only have to drop to 5 and still have their pick of the the best OL, WR or maybe CB in round 1. They need all of these spots more than they need a pass rusher. They need help for their QB of the future. Perhaps we kick in a 2nd or 3rd rounder from next year as well if they throw in Trent Williams.

We can still end up with our QB of choice (not named Burrow). For me that would be Tua. We also have the 26th pick and all of our 2nd & 3rd rounders AND still have two first round picks next year.

Thoughts?
We aren’t trading up!

How many more ways can people ask the same question?

No trading up. The talent level in Davie is piss poor and the cupboards are bare. You do not do a franchise reset and throw your building assets around like candy. That's part of the problem in Davie....for decades.

Or the problem could be that we havent had the balls to draft a QB in the first round other than Tannehill - let alone trade up for a QB. If hes our guy, then go get em. No more wait and see crap for a QB, if hes elite then go get him.

I'm just gonna give a sad face to any post I see where we are giving away prime picks only because they don't have a grumpy face emoji.

Just what question do you think I asked? I didn't ask if we should trade up. I just showed what I thought it would cost and asked people thoughts on the compensation for the teams in play. I merely wanted to see the ammo each team had all in one spot to gauge how realistic it is for other teams to trade up.

Repackaging same **** different day.

Or the problem could be that we havent had the balls to draft a QB in the first round other than Tannehill - let alone trade up for a QB. If hes our guy, then go get em. No more wait and see crap for a QB, if hes elite then go get him.

All draft picks are wait and see.

This.

If you need a QB and there is a QB you want, you do what it takes to get that QB.

You can be cheap for any other position, but not when it comes to your franchise QB.

Based on what Hoops brought up about being out of the running for the QB class next year I then say offer this years and next years 1st for Washingtons pick for Tua, if they pass or we get trumped then it comes down to gambling on Herbert and trading this years 5th and 25th to Detroit or the Giants. If those 2 are gone its a trade back imo grab a From Love or later and hope for some luck in the QB department.

Back
Top Bottom