Trade Up Discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Up Discussion

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone you'd trade up for if they got into Miami's range? Say moving up 5-10 spots?

Not talking about trading up into the top 10, but willing to hear thoughts on any trade possibilities.

For me, I'd say...

Burks
Dean
Lloyd
Linderbaum
Karlaftis

The more I think about what happened to our defense in the 4th quarter against Tennessee the more I am hoping for Dean.

For me, Dean or Linderbaum are the only guys I like at 29.

Dean, worth trading up but not too far of course.

But yeah, everyday, Dean starts becoming more and more my pick in that PFN draft simulator thing lol.

If neither I'd available trade down down down.

I would have no issues if 50 is our 1st pick and we trade 29 for a first and possibly more next year

The more I think about what happened to our defense in the 4th quarter against Tennessee the more I am hoping for Dean.

For me, Dean or Linderbaum are the only guys I like at 29.

Dean, worth trading up but not too far of course.

But yeah, everyday, Dean starts becoming more and more my pick in that PFN draft simulator thing lol.

If neither I'd available trade down down down.

I would have no issues if 50 is our 1st pick and we trade 29 for a first and possibly more next year

I’ve been saying for months Dean might be the only player who significantly closes the gap with the Bills. I don’t know if Boyer would know how to use Dean properly or deviate from his prototypes. Actually I’d be very surprised if Dean is on the Dolphins radar. It’s a mistake if he’s not.

To answer OP, I hate the idea of trading up but if there’s a vision for Burks or Dean, no furniture would be broken draft night at my house.

Burks is the only player on that list I'd consider trading up for, and that's only because he's one of 5 or 6 players in the class that deserve a Top 10 grade.

No interest in trading up for LB or C.
If Miami can get two upgrades on the offensive line in free agency, I could see the Dolphins moving up a little to get someone like Burks. I do agree, he's closer to top 10 than 29. But if he's suddenly there around 20 that's what draft picks are for IMO.

I haven't looked to see what teams are desperate for wide receiver help, but the last several drafts have been so strong at the position that maybe some of these players fall???

Going in the other direction…

I think ATL and DEN may pass on QB early but may want back into the first to get their guy on the 5 year contract. Would either give up both of their 2s to move up to 29?
That's probably a more likely scenario. Not sure there's a lot of difference between 29 and 40 in terms of talent available.

If I am sitting there at #29 and jameson Williams is on the board at 26-27 I would see what it took to jump in front of Green Bay to grab him.

I could see other situations where I would be willing to move up a few spots, but no huge, expensive jump up the board.

I've completed about 100 mocks thus far...No trades, just picks.

There's no reason to trade up. Someone significant WILL slip to 29. Be it Raimann (a lot) Burks, Linderbaum, Penning, Dean, Jermaine Johnson, Trayvon Walker, or Ojabo...one of them is available in 95% of them at 29.

ETA: Devin Lloyd and Drake London are there 70% of the time...Nakobe Dean...20%...

Last edited:
I've completed about 100 mocks thus far...No trades, just picks.

There's no reason to trade up. Someone significant WILL slip to 29. Be it Raimann (a lot) Burks, Linderbaum, Penning, Dean, Jermaine Johnson, Trayvon Walker, or Ojabo...one of them is available in 95% of them at 29.

ETA: Devin Lloyd and Drake London are there 70% of the time...Nakobe Dean...20%...
Some teams are going to gamble on a quarterback as well. Probably shouldn't be any quarterback picked before 20, but there could be a few.

I agree, no need to move up. All about choices.

Do you gamble on a Raimann or Penning at 29 knowing what OT’s are worth? Do you take a Jameson Williams if you know he will miss half the season? Do you take Burks after doing so poorly at the combine? Do you take a CB or DT so can get rid of a costly contract?

l would find it hard to argue with a yes or no answer to any of the above questions.

Back
Top Bottom