Trade Up Discussion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Up Discussion

I can't see trading up unless a very particular opportunity arises. There are a ton of guys I like between 29 and 50. I think we can get two really good players there. I wish we had more picks in that area. I also like a ton of guys in that late 3rd to fifth round area. But we have an extra pick where maybe we can move into the early 3rd if a favorite is there. Imagine coming out of the draft with Zion Johnson, Chad Muma, and David Bell (assuming he falls due to his speed)....You could still spend two picks on RB's (one mid-rounder and a late rounder) and really improve the roster.

In any event, this draft can fit our goals nicely IMO.

Linderbaum

Trade our #29 and Xavien Howard to any willing partner in order to get him. We lose X's MASSIVE contract and we don't have to give up any extra draft capital to turn our 1st round pick into a likely HOF center. This will ultimately elevate Tua to an elite QB once we figure out the other parts of the OL....this is a no brainer.

Linderbaum

Trade our #29 and Xavien Howard to any willing partner in order to get him. We lose X's MASSIVE contract and we don't have to give up any extra draft capital to turn our 1st round pick into a likely HOF center. This will ultimately elevate Tua to an elite QB once we figure out the other parts of the OL....this is a no brainer.
Absolute-ly not, good lord. X is the best player on our team and worth more than a 1st on his own. Idk what bill o brien is doing on a dolphins forum but I hope to god we aren’t send our only current elite player along with a first to trade up for an undersized center

i know it is frustrating that Howard is unhappy with his contract but I can't for the life of me understand why posters here do not appreciate how valuable Howard is.

He is worth 2 1st rounders and I would not move if for less than a package of a 1st and several day 2 picks(say the Lawrence Welk package of ah one, ah two and ah three);_

He is truly the only All Pro caliber player on the team and we all want to ship him out because he wants to be paid like the Elite CB that he is.So much of what the Defense does well is due to the fact that he locks top WR's up and allows them to blitz from all over the place.You can't play D they way Miami does without a guy like him.

Pay the man or get me a haul of picks for him but quit f-ing around.

And IF you are willing to sign JC Jackson for the kind of $$$ it will take then just give that cash to Howard.

Is there anyone you'd trade up for if they got into Miami's range? Say moving up 5-10 spots?

Not talking about trading up into the top 10, but willing to hear thoughts on any trade possibilities.

For me, I'd say...

Burks
Dean
Lloyd
Linderbaum
Karlaftis

None of those players. And unless it's a QB, no one is worth trading up for.

The question is whether those good players will match up with Miami's needs at OL in particular.I am not confident that a quality OL will be on the board at #29 so then it is BPA or a trade up or down.I would consider a modest trade up for a guy like Linderbaum or another OL player but would be more hopeful they can move back a little with a team who wants a QB.

WR and RB could use talent additions but have been addressed somewhat in FA so far.

I would still take a talented WR at #29 but no RB in this Draft is worth that pick.

I am 100% certain that more than one excellent offensive tackle will be available at 29. This year is unusually great for offensive tackles. Even if record number of tackles are taken in first round, there will still be more than one excellent offensive tackle available at 29.

Nonetheless, I would not draft an offensive tackle over Burks or Pierce at 29 or even rolling the dice on Drake London for example, because I am certain that an excellent offensive tackle can be drafted on Day 3 this year. And there is no way you can get a Burks or Pierce on Day 3, no way.
But then again, I would never draft an offensive lineman in first round. For example, Id rather have Treylon Burks than Evan Neal. To drive the point, even the dumb pick of Waddle at 6 overall is better than drafting a tackle at 6 overall, because at least he is some kind of playmaker.

The question is whether those good players will match up with Miami's needs at OL in particular.I am not confident that a quality OL will be on the board at #29 so then it is BPA or a trade up or down.I would consider a modest trade up for a guy like Linderbaum or another OL player but would be more hopeful they can move back a little with a team who wants a QB.

WR and RB could use talent additions but have been addressed somewhat in FA so far.

I would still take a talented WR at #29 but no RB in this Draft is worth that pick.
I think with Edmunds and Mostert signed the Dolphins will look running back late. If at all.

I am 100% certain that more than one excellent offensive tackle will be available at 29. This year is unusually great for offensive tackles. Even if record number of tackles are taken in first round, there will still be more than one excellent offensive tackle available at 29.

Nonetheless, I would not draft an offensive tackle over Burks or Pierce at 29 or even rolling the dice on Drake London for example, because I am certain that an excellent offensive tackle can be drafted on Day 3 this year. And there is no way you can get a Burks or Pierce on Day 3, no way.
But then again, I would never draft an offensive lineman in first round. For example, Id rather have Treylon Burks than Evan Neal. To drive the point, even the dumb pick of Waddle at 6 overall is better than drafting a tackle at 6 overall, because at least he is some kind of playmaker.
Kind of Jimmy Johnson's philosophy as well.

I think Abe Lucas, if he makes it to 50, would be a good fit. He was extremely impressive at the combine.

Is there anyone you'd trade up for if they got into Miami's range? Say moving up 5-10 spots?

Not talking about trading up into the top 10, but willing to hear thoughts on any trade possibilities.

For me, I'd say...

Burks
Dean
Lloyd
Linderbaum
Karlaftis
Whichever oline vacancy isn’t filled in FA I would absolutely trade up if BPA aligns with that need. Linderbaum would be nice and we likely wouldn’t have to trade up as far as we would to get a LT. Hope we sign Armstead and go C, LB, or WR with our first pick.

I would def use one of those 4th to move up anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom