Trade-up With Sf? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade-up With Sf?

Bosa is over hyped.

Bosa has not been steadily improving. He is a name pick.

Based upon what exactly?
This is just silly talk.

He was hurt all year. You’re wrong. He’s better than his brother and his brother is dominant. Also the sec has been garbage. It’s bama, Georgia and garbage.

IDK whether Nick will be as good or better than Joey, only time will tell. But to say that he's a 'name' pick and hasn't improved is beyond utterly ridiculous.

I joked last Fall that the loss of Bosa to Ohio State's defense was so impactful that he should have been considered for the Heisman trophy. The double and triple teams that guy often faced opened up others to make plays. Once he was gone, the Buckeyes defense was pretty average.

And what organization do you work for, Mr Holy?

Myles Garrett, the best player ever, clear #1 pick, over Patrick Mahomes, for a team that needed a QB.

And even that is better than our own brilliant man, Chris Grier, stayed pat, did nothing, no urgency, diligence, wisdom, and he got Charles Harris of all people. That's the guy running things for the Dolphins. It's unbelievable.

Myles Garrett, the best player ever, clear #1 pick, over Patrick Mahomes, for a team that needed a QB.

And even that is better than our own brilliant man, Chris Grier, stayed pat, did nothing, no urgency, diligence, wisdom, and he got Charles Harris of all people. That's the guy running things for the Dolphins. It's unbelievable.

I'm sensing a whole lot of hindsight on Mahomes.

What do you think it would take? I realize Miami isn't in the best position at #13. Raiders, Denver and NYG are all in better positions. But maybe including players and draft picks could get it done.

quinns value in trade is likely nil. im expecting that cut to come today or tomorrow frankly. stills ehh maybe early day 3 but im thinking mid to late at best when you factor in almost a $10 mil payout in 19 for the player . so that's $20 mil in 19 salary you'd want san fran to take on b/t Quinn and stills. basically you are giving them nothing but dumping your own salary and a second round pick playing it forward to move from 13 to 2.

that's pink slip worthy return

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but all these posts about trading Stills and Quinn got me thinking.

The 49ers need pass rushers and wide receivers. Why not trade Stills, Quinn, pick #13 and next year's 2nd rounder for SF's #2 overall. The Dolphins could then get Haskins and solve the quarterback position.

Stills is young, talented and was criminally underutilized by Miami last year. He's a good player. Quinn struggled, but Miami's run defense didn't help. He's only a few years removed from a 20-sack season.

SF would be passing on Nick Bosa, but the 13th overall could net them a good player.

Would the Dolphins have to give up more, or would that be in the ballpark?
You would need way more than that! I wish we could though

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but all these posts about trading Stills and Quinn got me thinking.

The 49ers need pass rushers and wide receivers. Why not trade Stills, Quinn, pick #13 and next year's 2nd rounder for SF's #2 overall. The Dolphins could then get Haskins and solve the quarterback position.

Stills is young, talented and was criminally underutilized by Miami last year. He's a good player. Quinn struggled, but Miami's run defense didn't help. He's only a few years removed from a 20-sack season.

SF would be passing on Nick Bosa, but the 13th overall could net them a good player.

Would the Dolphins have to give up more, or would that be in the ballpark?

First, that's not enough. As well as swapping first and fourth round picks the Eagles gave up an additional first, second and third (across various drafts) to move up to #2 from #8 in 2016. Even trading next years 's second (which we will not want to do) Quinn and Stills are not equivalent to a first and third. I mean the Eagles traded us Alonso and Maxwell just before that to move from #13 to #8, Quinn and Stills won't be valued much higher than those two were.

Second, as usual every other team knows how desperate we are to get rid of some of our players, including Quinn. We are not going to get a a decent return on him when if we can't trade him he's going to be cut anyway. Even if their value did make this trade possible, which is doesn't, we wouldn't get that value.

Finally, if anyone takes Dwayne Haskins with a #2 pick they deserve to be repeatedly waterboarded.

Sure you would, just like Sashi and Hue, rather have an irrelevant Myles Garrett over Mahomes. Brilliant!
You'd fit nicely in the Dolphins organization.
Ease up there, son.

We treat each other with respect around here. Your posts seem to lack an understanding of that basic fact. It's perfectly fine to disagree, but you seem to be overly antagonistic.

Sure you would, just like Sashi and Hue, rather have an irrelevant Myles Garrett over Mahomes. Brilliant!
You'd fit nicely in the Dolphins organization.

What's your beef with Bosa? He's obviously a better prospect then any of these QB's. "You're mad at your father not at me".

Last edited:
I'm sensing a whole lot of hindsight on Mahomes.

Sure. But a team that takes the risks reaps the benefits.

KC had a good thing going but did everything and gave up a ton for a qb they believed in. Houston did the same thing. Both are perennial playoff teams with the new QBs.

Dolphins just roll with the same trash every year.

We're just getting over the Tannehill haters when Ryan's soon to be gone and now we're starting Tua hating so soon?

The Tannehill "haters" will always be here as a reminder of how not to handle the QB situation from draft day to year 8.

If the above poster is correct and Grier is personally the man that hand selected Charles Harris we may be in a lot of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom