Trade up with the titans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up with the titans?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
ok dont ripp my head off this likely will not happen, but i think we could trade up with the titans to get a qb, and here is why and how.

reasons they would trade down:

1.The titans have major cap problems and the #3 pick will be expensive.
2.floyd reese (titans gm) said today mcnair is comming back so they dont have to draft a qb in the 1st, they could get a project to groom under mcnair for a year or so.
3.they dont need a rb they have travis henry and chris brown, so reggie bush would be a bad pick for them.
4.they could use a tackle like d'brick but they could get a good tackle later in the round (winston).
5. fisher will be under pressure this year to do better or he will be gone and one player will not turn that team around.
6. reese has a history of trading down to get more picks.

Here is what we could offer:

1.our #16 pick in 06' and a 7th in 06' also a 2nd next year.
2.marty booker, the titans need a solid wr and they could afford him. we could sign david givens to fill the hole.
3.eddie moore, the guy has talent if he can stay healthy, maybe a fresh start could help him, and he has no future with us.

With the #3 pick we would be assured young, lienart or bush. we would get leinart or young but if for some odd reason the qb's are gone we just draft bush and trade him later.

let the bashing begin :)

I'll start the bashing.

Are you insane???

We give the Titans the #16 pick and a 7th with a 2nd next year and Booker (at $3.5MM next year) and Eddie Moore a special teams player.

The Titans GM would call the whole front office into the room and put you on speakerphone asking you to repeat the offer. Then the entire front office would fall over laughing for the next 3 days. :sidelol:

caneaddict said:
I'll start the bashing.

Are you insane???

We give the Titans the #16 pick and a 7th with a 2nd next year and Booker (at $3.5MM next year) and Eddie Moore a special teams player.

The Titans GM would call the whole front office into the room and put you on speakerphone asking you to repeat the offer. Then the entire front office would fall over laughing for the next 3 days. :sidelol:

yeah your right, i did not want to do this but we will throw in reggie howard to seal the deal!

caneaddict said:
I'll start the bashing.

Are you insane???

yeah we need to give up more picks to move up, i just hate losing picks

nolefin said:
yeah your right, i did not want to do this but we will throw in reggie howard to seal the deal!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Reggie Howard. Come on now you're going from not offering nearly enough to getting absolutely raped by Tennessee. Throwing in Reggie Howard is like just casually tossing Tom Brady into a deal cause you need to come up with some more value to get it done!! ;)

It would be SO tough to give up BOTH Eddie Moore AND Reggie Howard. What next; Yatil Green, John Avery and Cecil Collins? Maybe if we package every bust we've ever had we could get Peyton?

caneaddict said:
It would be SO tough to give up BOTH Eddie Moore AND Reggie Howard. What next; Yatil Green, John Avery and Cecil Collins? Maybe if we package every bust we've ever had we could get Peyton?
Throw in Lawrence Phillips and Josh Hypel and you have a deal!

Up until your auctual trade proposal, its not that bad of an idea.
Tenn needs a lot of help in a lot of areas, and if we think that Young or Leinart are franchise material, maybe our 16th, a 1st next year, and something else isn't out of the question.
Let me clarify that I am AGAINST such a move, I think there is good value to be had by a coach that knows the current college players better than anyone.
But NYG idenified the player that they felt could lead their franchise for years to come, and then they went and got him.

IF we feel that a particular player is the next Dan Marino, I would sure trade two firsts and two thirds and a role player to get Dan.

nolefin... just so you know... the Giants gave up 2 first rounders + more picks just to move from 4 to 1...

It would be pretty much impossible for us to move up to #3 without giving up all of our good picks in the next 2 drafts... and NO player is worth that...

Nasty said:
nolefin... just so you know... the Giants gave up 2 first rounders + more picks just to move from 4 to 1...

It would be pretty much impossible for us to move up to #3 without giving up all of our good picks in the next 2 drafts... and NO player is worth that...

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom