trade up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trade up

Sorry to pile on here, but I have to agree. Brady probably isn't worth trading up to get. While he shows a lot of potential, I still think there's a huge risk with him. I wouldn't put him in an "elite" status. The only player I think is truly elite this year is Calvin J. He will be an elite WR for many years to come for the right team. Is he worth trading up to get ? . . . . . . . .. . that's tough to say considering all the holes we need to fill and what else we could get with the pick we'd have to give up. F/A may be a big determining factor as to whether we stay put, try to trade down or even consider moving up. If we were just one or two players away from contending, sure. But we're a lot more players away than just that. My guess is that we won't spend a lot of $$ on F/A and Cam will try to maximize the picks we do have or can get.

I agree. Miami has to make the right moves and be bold to catch New England, New York and Buffalo. All of our competitors are ahead of us and all three are set at the qb position. Culpepper, even if healthy, isn't a great decision maker and is prone to fumbling. Those are traits that are hard to overcome and lead me to believe the Dolphins won't win the big one with him under center. A trade up may be difficult if both Oakland and Detroit are convinced they need a qb of the future, though.

Not completely convinced on Quinn as a superstar, either. HOWEVER, if we don't fix the QB position, we are dead in the water regardless of who else we draft. Maybe Cpep will come back and be a stud, maybe not.

If our scouts rank Quinn as a a can't miss superstar, then I'd rather make the move if we can. If they have him as good, not great, then don't and try to trade down.

The (obvious) key: if you give up 2 #1's to trade up for a QB, be sure you get Peyton Manning and not Trend Dilfer.

Not completely convinced on Quinn as a superstar, either. HOWEVER, if we don't fix the QB position, we are dead in the water regardless of who else we draft. Maybe Cpep will come back and be a stud, maybe not.

If our scouts rank Quinn as a a can't miss superstar, then I'd rather make the move if we can. If they have him as good, not great, then don't and try to trade down.

The (obvious) key: if you give up 2 #1's to trade up for a QB, be sure you get Peyton Manning and not Trend Dilfer.

:dolphins: Forget the QB for now. Fill the other holes. Take a year to have the team get in sync with each other. Next year sell the farm and get Colt Brennan in Miami and we won't have to worry about a QB again for many years to come. Last QB to come into the league with his kind of numbers was Rivers and we all know how that is going.:dolphins:

I think not- the last thing we need is to trade away more draft picks. There are plenty of areas on our team that need attention. Someone will be there at #9 who will be a great player and fill a need.

I rather us pass on quinn and wait till next year we have to and see whats out there in the first round as a qb

Back
Top Bottom