Trade with Washington? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade with Washington?

miami mayham

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I heard that Washington wanted to trade their 9th pick overall for a cornerback, they where talking to Buffalo but why would they want Clemente when they could have Surtain? That way we would have the 2 and 9 pick to play with? and anyways has anybody else heard of this deal?

if we got the 9 pick in the draft then that would be freakin awesome

surtain is good but i dont know...is he that good?

highly doubt it gibbs has a year down on this draft thing...and hes not gonna throw any more picks away...he might however give us lavar arrington for him...:D

maybe because Surtain is turning 29 this summer, and Nate wont be 26 till December?

Surtain is not worth a first rounder

No corner in the league is worth hte 9th pick alone. There would have to be other compensation involved. No way a deal goes through with miami IMO

miami mayham said:
I heard that Washington wanted to trade their 9th pick overall for a cornerback, they where talking to Buffalo but why would they want Clemente when they could have Surtain? That way we would have the 2 and 9 pick to play with? and anyways has anybody else heard of this deal?

Because Nate is a better player than Surtain. The guy gets picks, gets touchdowns on defense, gets touchdowns on Special teams, and is one of the fastest corners in the league.

zevo said:
Because Nate is a better player than Surtain. The guy gets picks, gets touchdowns on defense, gets touchdowns on Special teams, and is one of the fastest corners in the league.
huh?

If we got the 2nd and 9th pick in the draft would we be able to sign all of our drafties?

Jason Cole of the Miami Herald was on SUN Sports (only in south Florida cable) and said that the Redskins had talked to the Dolphins about movin up to the #2, so they could get Braylon, for the #9 and some future picks since they dont have a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He also said he expects the Dolphins to trade down with somebody before the draft.

zevo said:

Surtain is way better than Clements.

zevo said:

Surtain is the better player and that is not even me being a homer...your Bills coloured glasses are getting in the way of common sense.

Lets compare stats here or at least defensive stats

I will only post the stats from each player from the last 3 years since thats how long clements has been in the league.

Clements Stats
Year G GS Tack Asst Sacks Int Def TD
2002 16 16 52 13 0 6 1
2003 16 16 51 11 0 3 1
2004 16 16 53 20 0.5 6 1

Surtains Stats
2002 14 14 40 19 1.5 6 1
2003 15 15 34 19 0 7 0
2004 15 15 40 18 1 4 0

Lets see, surtain missed 1 game in 2003 and 2004, 2 games in 2002 and he had more interceptions, more assists more sacks.

And now we look at clements, whos had 2 less interceptions, less assists, more tackles and more defensive TD's even though all 3 where against the dolphins in which he picked off i believe fiedler and Lucas.

Now to me it seems Surtain has been the better ovr cornerback if youre comparing defesive stats. Thanks for playing though.

zevo said:

Hate to break it to you but no he is not better than Surtain.

KillerDolphins said:
Lets compare stats here or at least defensive stats

I will only post the stats from each player from the last 3 years since thats how long clements has been in the league.

Clements Stats
2002 16 16 52 13 0 6 1
2003 16 16 51 11 0 3 1
2004 16 16 53 20 0.5 6 1

Surtains Stats
2002 14 14 40 19 1.5 6 1
2003 15 15 34 19 0 7 0
2004 15 15 40 18 1 4 0

Lets see, surtain missed 1 game in 2003 and 2004, 2 games in 2002 and he had more interceptions, more assists more sacks.

And now we look at clements, whos had 2 less interceptions, less assists, more tackles and more defensive TD's even though all 3 where against the dolphins in which he picked off i believe fiedler and Lucas.

Now to me it seems Surtain has been the better ovr cornerback if youre comparing defesive stats. Thanks for playing though.

Thanks for saving me the time....LOL...I was in the midst of backing up my post with numbers...:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom