Trades & Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trades & Free Agents

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would like to see some of the following things happen.

1) Get a 1st & 3rd for OGUN. ~ Yeah he is gonna be a star. But the Phins have enough stars on the D.

2) Trade Sam Madison for a 1st or VERY GOOD 2nd. His cap and age come in to play.

3) Cut the following players: D. Thompson, J. McKnight, B. Griese. They all seem to have talent but never seem to bring it each game. That and they make WAY TOOOOOO MUCH $$$$$!!!!!

4) Sign Champ Bailey. ~ Only if Sam is traded. Just think about having two corners that can cover any WR like a blanket (Sam could do that as well.) and then give help vs. the run. (That Sam and Deion never seemed to try...lol)

5) If the Phins have 2-3 picks in the 1st from trades and free agent losses. Trade UP for E. Manning. Even if they do not pick untill the 3rd round for their next pick.

6) If the Phins have only one 1st rounder draft a WR like R. Woods or M. Clayton (LSU).

7) Sign J. Tait or I. Bruce as the big Free Agent.

8) Trade for M. Vick......Go ahead laugh.......lol......I do not care trade 2 1st & Sam with Jay......and next years 1st.....lol.....He could take half the Phins talent and still give a better chance to win...it all!!! Not that the Falcons would trade him for the WORLD!!! LOL.......LOL....

9) Trade this years 1st next years 4th for the Cards 1st NEXT YEAR. Perhaps then Marcus Vick will come out.

10) Draft one of the following Chris Gamble, R. Woods, E. Manning, D. Hall, S. Taylor, Reggie Williams, R. Williams or Kevin Jones.....yeah ricky or no ricky do not pass on him if he is there with what ever the highest 1st round pick the phins have!!!

Chances are that not one of the things from above will happen. But then again all we have is hope!!! LOL

What are some of the things that you would like to see happen this offseason?

Two things:
1. What color is the sky in your world?
2. Wake up you're being drawn into that aqua colored realm
somewhere between dream and reality. The sign post up ahead reads The Homer Zone.

Re: Trades & Free Agents

Originally posted by MDolphins2003

1) Get a 1st & 3rd for OGUN. ~ Yeah he is gonna be a star. But the Phins have enough stars on the D.

2) Trade Sam Madison for a 1st or VERY GOOD 2nd. His cap and age come in to play.

3) Cut the following players: D. Thompson, J. McKnight, B. Griese. They all seem to have talent but never seem to bring it each game. That and they make WAY TOOOOOO MUCH $$$$$!!!!!

4) Sign Champ Bailey. ~ Only if Sam is traded. Just think about having two corners that can cover any WR like a blanket (Sam could do that as well.) and then give help vs. the run. (That Sam and Deion never seemed to try...lol)

5) If the Phins have 2-3 picks in the 1st from trades and free agent losses. Trade UP for E. Manning. Even if they do not pick untill the 3rd round for their next pick.

6) If the Phins have only one 1st rounder draft a WR like R. Woods or M. Clayton (LSU).

8) Trade for M. Vick......Go ahead laugh.......lol......I do not care trade 2 1st & Sam with Jay......and next years 1st.....lol.....He could take half the Phins talent and still give a better chance to win...it all!!! Not that the Falcons would trade him for the WORLD!!! LOL.......LOL....

9) Trade this years 1st next years 4th for the Cards 1st NEXT YEAR. Perhaps then Marcus Vick will come out.

10) Draft one of the following Chris Gamble, R. Woods, E. Manning, D. Hall, S. Taylor, Reggie Williams, R. Williams or Kevin Jones.....yeah ricky or no ricky do not pass on him if he is there with what ever the highest 1st round pick the phins have!!!

Chances are that not one of the things from above will happen. But then again all we have is hope!!! LOL

and you guys say my delusions of manning hard hopeless (which for the record they're not :lol:)

lets break this down...

Draft Kevin Jones, even though we have one of the best RB in the NFL.

Trade for Michael Vick.. not only that but give them sam and jay...

then trade to arizona, for Marcus Vick?

then trade 2-3 of our 5 1sts is it? :lol: to get Eli. so we'll have Michael Vick, Eli Manning, and in the future, Marcus Vick.

sounds good to me! :bling:

First of all #1,3 & 6 all could happen. So the sky is blue...lol and sometimes a little gray with some fluffy white clouds...lol

Will all of the above happen....no

Did I say all of the above would happen...no

But then again I said trade the the Phins next 3 1st rounders for Mike Vick when he came in.....way off there right..lol

Do you guys read or just respond with random keys...lol

I said "I would like to see some of the following things happen."

I said "Chances are that not one of the things from above will happen. But then again all we have is hope!!! LOL

What are some of the things that you would like to see happen this offseason?"

So that means that perhaps only one thing would happen if any....So the Phins would not Have Manning, Vick, Vick.....lol

Keep hitting the keys maybe next time you will read first. LOL

Message boards are always good for a laugh.......lol ;)

Marcus Vick? You mean the 4 foot tall brother to Michael that can't throw only run? I saw one of his games this year, he threw like 2 passes. Sorry, I like throwers not runners (as a main characteristic) I'd take marino or MIchael anyway.

As for drafting Kevin Jones. You should always draft the best possible player when drafting. When you reach you get burned! Hey I am a HUGE Ricky fan. Love the fact of having that STUD on the team. But in the NFL here today gone today...lol

So having both would be great. Give Ricky some help and have him for longer. Do not give Ricky some help and hope that he is made of STEEL!!!

You can find the UM/VT version of this thread HERE.

Yo UM Boy,

If...if....if...if chickens had guns they would not be so easy to kill and eat. Other than that the Hokies won the game 31-7!!!

Why throw the ball when you can run on every down and still win 31 - 7????

Marcus Vick blows and his brother is'nt wort 3 first rounders.
The rest of your ideas were well thought and who knows maybe one of them may stick.

To each his own....

J. Avery
J. Fletcher
Y. Green

I would give those 3 for him...lol

As far a his brother blowing....far from it.

Mike is worth 3 1st rounders when your giving the 28+ pick.

In regards to Mike Vick, he's got a great arm and is exciting to watch when he scrambles around. But that scrambling around will eventually get him killed. Having said that, I would give 2 first rd picks for him.

As for drafting Kevin Jones. You should always draft the best possible player when drafting. When you reach you get burned! Hey I am a HUGE Ricky fan. Love the fact of having that STUD on the team. But in the NFL here today gone today...lol

So having both would be great. Give Ricky some help and have him for longer. Do not give Ricky some help and hope that he is made of STEEL!!!

Not in the 1st round or even 2nd to a certain point!!!...Sure then why dont we use our 1st pick on another TE!!!...It wont happen andI am not saying Jones sucks!!!...You go needs like Tackle,Guard,or WR!!!!

Re: Trades & Free Agents

1. Disagree- You can never have enough stars on your team...Although a 1st & a 3rd sound great, We need Ogun for, what could be our final push for a Superbowl......I just dont think D.Bowens can last a whole season and I dont want to go back to rotating our D-Line.

2. Disagree - He and Surtain are a huge part of why are defense can do what it wants....especially when they can shutdown ANY 1-2 WR punch in the NFL....again, this applys to number 1, it seems youd like to start rebuilding now, but I say wait till next year....and Madison is familiar with our system, bringing in someone new would still have to be a "wait and see"...with madison we already know what we got.....But Id ask him to restructure his contract and demote him to the #2 CB.

3. Agree - With the Exception of McKnight...He can be a huge #3 WR threat with that speed he has...... but ONLY if he restructures that hefty contract, if not, then I completely agree with this one.

4. Disagree - This would apply to #2, However, It will not happen, The Redskins will pay this guy whatever it takes to stay, and even if he was released, hes gonna want a contract bigger than Surtains....so we'd be back with the same Madison cantract dilema, could be even worse.

5. Disagree - Picking a high profile College QB would mean that we would not go after a high profile NFL QB and nowadays its a "Win-now" league.

6. Agree - We need to draft a WR in the early Rounds, it doesnt necessarily have to be with the 1st pick, but it should happen before our 3rd pick(s).

7. Agree - I completely agree with this one, if we can somehow get them in without messing up our cap, then Im all for it.

8. LMFAO!

9. Disagree - I dont know about you, but Im tired of our Picks getting traded, and I higly doubt the Cardinals (knowing we're a winning franchise) would be dumb enough to make a trade like that.... Sometimes Its not WHERE you draft, But WHO you draft, that counts.

10. Agree - I would definetly like to see most of these guys in a Phins uniform.

Personally the one biggest thing I would like to see happen is, Peyton Manning in a Fins uniform next year!!! Gives me Goosebumps!

Back
Top Bottom