Trading down odds? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading down odds?

1) Does Saban want to do it?
Yes saban wants to trade down
2) Do you want to do it?

Yes

3) How will we do it?

Probably trade with Minnesota, but i highly doubt they would give two first rounders due to the no sure top pick in the draft

4) Odds that it will happen

10-1

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

1) Does Saban want to do it?
2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?
4) Odds that it will happen?

1) Yes, he's stated many times you have to build through the draft and it's a way to keep your finances under control. He's been forced to sign some free agents to shore us up in the short term; now he'll want draft picks to get the mix right.

2) For the most part, yes. The only player/position I see worthy of the #2 for us is Smith/QB. It's a gamble, but the only gamble I see with a big enough potential upside to warrant that pick. A starting RB can be had with later picks.

3) Don't have a clue. Depends on value chart/needs, other teams' belief we could take their player, etc.

4) Low 15-20%. Nick won't pull the trigger unless we get at least equal value.

NaboCane said:
3) This goes to your question about Minny too; Minny traded Moss away, so there is a glaring hole on their roster. Everyone from Culpepper down to the last fan in the end-zone bleachers is going to place a lot of blame on the team's management if they don't replace Moss with a high-octane WR. Therefore, if the Vikes become convinced that Braylon Edwards is that guy, it would be attractive to them to trade up, contingent on that they feel comfortable enough with the rest of their roster to forego quantity for the one player they think they need in the first. Otherwise, they have to take their chances that Mike Williams will fall to them at 7, and there's no guarantee of that - so they could come away empty-handed if they don't act. That's why I think they will do the deal.

This is sound reasoning, but Im afraid its more wishful thinking than anything else. Dont get me wrong, I also hope it happens. I just dont see the Vikes giving up two number ones for any one player in this draft. This team has found a plethora of talent by standing pat, or, if anything - moving down. Moss inexplicably fell into their laps at 21. Bryant Mckinnie was projected as a possible #1 overall pick but fell to them at 7. Udeze was a potential top 10 pick that fell to #20. Even Kevin Williams fell them them as they didnt hand in their draft card in time! And Im not even including guys like Culpepper and Bennett, who were tremendous value at their respective draft spots.

Point is, this team has either ridiculous luck with players falling, or have the most brilliant scouting team in the league. With that track record, Im quite certain they will hold their ground and hope that either Edwards or Williams drops to #7. If not, they will go with the BPA (Benson, Derrick Johnson, etc) and select a WR like Mark Clayton at #18.

Let me put it another way - if YOU were the Vikes, would you do it? I personally wouldnt. I would be much more likely to trade two first rounders (and additional picks) if I were the Chargers (who sit at 12 and 28).

Surferosa said:
This is sound reasoning, but Im afraid its more wishful thinking than anything else. Dont get me wrong, I also hope it happens. I just dont see the Vikes giving up two number ones for any one player in this draft. This team has found a plethora of talent by standing pat, or, if anything - moving down. Moss inexplicably fell into their laps at 21. Bryant Mckinnie was projected as a possible #1 overall pick but fell to them at 7. Udeze was a potential top 10 pick that fell to #20. Even Kevin Williams fell them them as they didnt hand in their draft card in time! And Im not even including guys like Culpepper and Bennett, who were tremendous value at their respective draft spots.

Point is, this team has either ridiculous luck with players falling, or have the most brilliant scouting team in the league. With that track record, Im quite certain they will hold their ground and hope that either Edwards or Williams drops to #7. If not, they will go with the BPA (Benson, Derrick Johnson, etc) and select a WR like Mark Clayton at #18.

Let me put it another way - if YOU were the Vikes, would you do it? I personally wouldnt. I would be much more likely to trade two first rounders (and additional picks) if I were the Chargers (who sit at 12 and 28).

Nate Burleson played excellent for them last year while Moss was hurt. I know, I had both of them on my fanstasy team.

1. yes
2. yes
3. Chargers, a bundle pack, Surtain for a second, the #2 for their two first rders. and we also get their 2 rder next year and 5th this year. They mainly need a WR, well they get Edwards, they need a CB, they get Surtain, they are still left with some picks and few needs, and banking on trading either of their QBs.

Odds of this or any other trade happening, id say 50-50.

1) yeah he does

2) im not so sure id like to keep that number 2 and get the best player we can but if we can trade down and get say 2 1st rounders or a 1st this year 2nd this year 1st next year im all for it... i really dont care for any picks after the 3rd round, the chance of getting good players on day 2 is very very minimal, yeah it can happen but more likely than not you get players who are just career backups or practice squaders or cut outright...

3) im thinking a team who needs a QB will do it most, cleveland moving up one spot would be beautiful, maybe arizona up from 8, i think arizona would have to give us a good amount though from 8 to move up... besides them i dont think anyone else would...

4) 36.324%

Back
Top Bottom