inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
In your opinion....

1) Does Saban want to do it?
2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?
4) Odds that it will happen?
2) Yes, I also want more draft picks in a draft like this. I see a lot of good players but, I don't see any HOF potential and if I was dreaming of a number two pick in the draft, I want HOF potential in those dreams. Not saying nobody has it, just saying that none are sparkling with it.
3) Beats me, I'm too busy to check the needs, draft position, ammo, and rumors surrounding every team in th NFL, that's why it made my top three questions. Truthfully, I would have put it first but, it would have ruined the whole crescendo thing.
4) (Climax) I'd say the odds are low, 20%.

The only teams i will like to trade down with is Dallas or San Degio.Just because they got 2 #1s.If we trade or #2 to any other team.They will have to give us there #1 next year,and i dont want that.This year comes 1st.

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) instead of having picks

I would LOVE to see having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs for Surtain
147 or 150 or 154 or 162 from Chiefs for Surtain

I'm assuming that if Peterson throws in the 2nd and Saban still asks for a later round pick that Peterson will drop down to a 5th (or possibly a 6th) from his current offer of a 4th.

Another option on top would be to possibly trade the #18 for a 2nd and 3rd as well to get "more picks" although I'm not sure if I would want to do that.

4) I think the odds are 60/40 that the above will get done.

inFINSible said:
2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?
1) Yes - the draft gets more talent for value the lower you go down.
2) I'd like to blag 2nd round picks out of teams... trade down with Cleveland... then with Tampa... accumulating 2nd round picks.
3) Minnesota - Braylon Edwards. I dunno if the 7th and 18th are of equal value to the 2nd, in fact I kno they are not... but if they throw in a third next year or even Michael Bennett then I'd love for this trade to go down.
4) I think we'll trade down I dunno how, when or where to - but Saban has got stuff up his sleeve.

finsnchips said:
1) Yes - the draft gets more talent for value the lower you go down.
2) I'd like to blag 2nd round picks out of teams... trade down with Cleveland... then with Tampa... accumulating 2nd round picks.
3) Minnesota - Braylon Edwards. I dunno if the 7th and 18th are of equal value to the 2nd, in fact I kno they are not... but if they throw in a third next year or even Michael Bennett then I'd love for this trade to go down.
4) I think we'll trade down I dunno how, when or where to - but Saban has got stuff up his sleeve.
Odds?

7th + 18th = 2,400 pts compared to #2 at 2,600 pts....pretty even according to http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm of course a middle round 3rd rounder in addition would "even" the deal so the ? would be would be want more picks or to make a point system as close to 'equal' as possible? I'd say get the picks.

1. no brainer he would love to accumulate picks, he has said many times he wants to build thru the draft and wasnt happy we didnt have a 2 or a 6.

2 yeah it make me happy, I would hate missing out on Brown, but accumulating picks and filling multiple needs would be good in the long run.

3. I dont know, the market doesnt seem to be there.

4. 15%

jbond said:
7th + 18th = 2,400 pts compared to #2 at 2,600 pts....pretty even according to http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm of course a middle round 3rd rounder in addition would "even" the deal so the ? would be would be want more picks or to make a point system as close to 'equal' as possible? I'd say get the picks.
As much as I'd like this to be an opinion thread only, I have a question for those who want Minnesota's 7 and 18 picks....If you were in Minnesota's shoes, would you give up the 7 and 18 picks for the second pick?

rickeyrunsover said:
1. no brainer he would love to accumulate picks, he has said many times he wants to build thru the draft and wasnt happy we didnt have a 2 or a 6.

2 yeah it make me happy, I would hate missing out on Brown, but accumulating picks and filling multiple needs would be good in the long run.

3. I dont know, the market doesnt seem to be there.

4. 15%

You get a tophy for perfect thread form. :D

inFINSible said:
You get a tophy for perfect thread form. :D

I want white gold, ten carrot min, lined with diamonds. I could sell it on ebay. :D

All we need for a trade down is for 1 team to get a hard on for someone like Mike Williams or edwards of one of the 2 qbs or have fear that we will take one (cleveland) and we can start moving down. I dont think its that Saban like quantity over quality I just think he believes he can do very well in rounds 2,3,4.

IMO it really depends on whether the niners take a QB with the first pick.If that is the case and another team really wants the remaining QB there could be an effort to trade up by that team.For that to work we need to convince other teams that we would draft the remaining QB.

If the niners take Edwards or Williams this scenario could also work if a team wants the WR that remains but I think its less likely it will go down that way.

Otherwise I dont see any other posible scenario for a team to trade up to our No2 position.Teams can trade up to the N3,No,4 or No 5 positions at a lower cost if they want a player.

I will place the odds at 40 pct.

And yes I do think Saban would like to trade down.

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

1. Seems like he does, wants to put his type of players on the field

2. No, I really want to pick a QB at this spot (preferrably Smith). I wasn't happy about trading for AJ in the first place. I've been wanting to draft a top tier QB for years.

3. Minn or Dallas

4. 20%

Back
Top Bottom