Trading Down Problems? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Down Problems?

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
I saw the article on the front page about us maybe having our pick of QBs because the niners are looking to trade down and Im just kind of curious about why it seems these teams want to trade with the niners? It seems like we would be a better option because it would cost less. Also how much does it screw us, if it screws us at all, if a team trades with the Niners?

it all depends on who trades with SF and who they take... if minnesota drafts braylon edwards at #1, then i think we don't have any problems... i really don't think SF has much intention of trading the pick anymore unless they get a sweetheart deal like SD got last year. Also, i don't think we have any intention of actually picking a qb.

It depends on who goes #1. If both QB's are there at #2
and tampa wants Smith, they'd still need to trade, as
Miami or the browns might take him. If someone wants
Mike Williams with Edwards off the shelf, they'd need to
deal with Miami or the browns or bears might take him.
If someone wants one of the RB's and they're
not sure if they'l make it past the bears and bucs, Miami
is a spot to deal. So it's not the end of the world.
I'd rather they (SF) didn't trade and took Rogers.
Just because I think Smith and Edwards are the guys
people would trade up for.

DonShula84 said:
I saw the article on the front page about us maybe having our pick of QBs because the niners are looking to trade down and Im just kind of curious about why it seems these teams want to trade with the niners? It seems like we would be a better option because it would cost less. Also how much does it screw us, if it screws us at all, if a team trades with the Niners?
I think Sabans rep is preceeding him and that people would rather deal with Sf because maybe they feel theyre more reasonable/not as smart as St. Nick is.

Also remember only 1 team can deal with SF so anyone else looking to move up is dealing with a good coach (IMO); either saban or Crennel.

This draft is so deep, if Saban keeps the #2 pick, Id be very disappointed.

This guy has an edge, because he knows these players coming from college. he knows the threats, and probably the best suited to work in the NFL.

So if he doesnt trade this pick for more picks, Id be bummed. You know that he's gonna find some sleepers and every pick he makes is probably gonna turn out great, no matter what position theyre playing. I trust in his insight towards college prospects, and I trust in his coaching ability to make them great players.

I would love to see them pick fifth, have another first rounder, a second for Pat Surtain (who wont fit into Sabans defensive plan in the next few years) and a few more down the line, all picks that will seriously help us out in the next few years.

Here is a question for the niners...

if they make that trade...what are they going to do for a quarterback?

Back
Top Bottom