Trading Down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Down?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Garrison Hearst and Fred Taylor are two completely different stories when it comes to injuries. Taylor hasn't played a full season in four years because of a variety of aches and pains, Hearst has had to recover from ONE, major leg injury that put his carreer in doubt.
Taylor's only upside is that, if he ever makes it through a full season injury free, his team will go to the Super Bowl, but he will never do that.He is a potato chip. He might be the best potato chip you ever ate, but he's still nothing more than a snack.
Garrison Hearst has had a variety of injuries since he was drafted by the Cardinals,, this latest recovery was amaising because doctors were of the opinion that his foot above the ankle would need to be amputated! Taylor hasn't played a full season, that is true but when you look at all the players over the years that looked like draft busts on the team that drafted them and were traded, to become all pros on their new teams , that potato chip can turn into a 5 course meal ... Marino1983

I don't remember Hearst being known for injuries before the big one, but I may be wrong.
I agreee that, when healthy, Fred Taylor is a five course meal,but I don't see a change of scenery as a cure for the injury bug. It may work for underacheivers or slow learners but I dont' see how some one goes from fragile to durable just by changing teams.
Don't get me wrong, if we traded for FT, I would buy the jersey, jump on his bandwagon and hope to ride it to the Super Bowl, but I think I would squirm less on RW's bandwagon.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't remember Hearst being known for injuries before the big one, but I may be wrong.
I agreee that, when healthy, Fred Taylor is a five course meal,but I don't see a change of scenery as a cure for the injury bug. It may work for underacheivers or slow learners but I dont' see how some one goes from fragile to durable just by changing teams.
Don't get me wrong, if we traded for FT, I would buy the jersey, jump on his bandwagon and hope to ride it to the Super Bowl, but I think I would squirm less on RW's bandwagon.
I am not sure if Hearst was a free agent or traded but he did raise some concerns of being injury prone in Arizona. My point about players going to other teams and being successful wasn't just about underacheivers or slow leaners,, it is also about a different type of coaching style and schemes. A - Smith delt with injuries couldn't do didly under Phillips and Williams in Buffalo, but he probably had a career year in Patsy land, The infamous B-Ryan claimed C- Carter was a frail and a injury prone waste of payroll but 15 yrs later Carter is having the last laugh ! Marino1983

I am not real overjoyed with either one, mainly because of all the potential baggage they both could bring with them. The reason I would rather have Taylor than Williams is the prohibitive cost that the Dolphins are going to experience in this years draft, possibly next years, plus the amount of $$$$ Williams is going to count against the Dolphins salary cap !!!!! Marino1983

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
Not to mention his mental problems.

I will say this one LAST time, SOCIAL ANXIETY is a very horrible thing to deal with, but that does not make Ricky Williams mentally ill or a freak. I believe he is on Paxil to balance out the chemicals in his brain, so he can lead a productive life. I am sorry that you guys feel this way towards him because some of us didn't ask to suffer from these anxiety disorders. Sh*t happens and I don't consider myself MENTAL or a freak because of it. I will always defend him on this issue. :mad:

Social anxiety: In other words, Ricky is extrodinarily shy and it makes him very, very uncomfortable with people who aren't close to him. Doesn't make him insane in the membrane. So correct yourselves.

Obviously I'm not a doctor. Just my simple take on it.

Back
Top Bottom